This is a really good mod and it's nice to see it's being updated still.

It'd be nice if there was a bodysuit for all the masks. There's a Alice Madness Returns bodysuit I have a link for, but apparently I can't post links.

It'd also be cool if you could find the gear in chests in the world.

There is a safe with all of the stuff, but you still have to use the console to get it.

player.placeatme is the way to get the safe.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I guess it is not.

And if I'll manage to stop my Creation Kit from crashing I'll probably pack a tiny 'expansion'.

I remember I seen someone asked this cutie's devious improvement...

...if both mod owners will ever allow me.

(and if I will ever be able to read DRM's scripts to add already present mask + will-be-added bodysuit 'fusion' option. Implying it needed - the code looks pretty neat and uniform for all properly marked stuff, still, as I'm not a programmer I'm not sure yet)

(sheesh, what a mess that Creation Kit is. Dealt with three (and running!) different crashes already. I probably should write a tutorial or something if none present yet)

• 4 weeks later...

its not working it keeps booting me off after the bathesda logo

That means there's either a mod conflict somewhere, or a missing dependency. I suggest you run LOOT and have a looksie as to what is going on/what you're missing!

Thanks a lot HyperonicX it worked.....apparently it needed devious devices expansion

The following message is for Nothing Doing

i didn't  see it in the requirements if  its not listed may i suggest  that you add it to the requirements list

if it IS listed then its my fault and sorry i bothered you

That means there's either a mod conflict somewhere, or a missing dependency. I suggest you run LOOT and have a looksie as to what is going on/what you're missing!

Thanks a lot HyperonicX it worked.....apparently it needed devious devices expansion

i didn't  see it in the requirements if  its not listed may i suggest  that you add it to the requirements list

No probs. Glad to have helped!

And you're definitely right about Expansion not being in the Requirements section. It's not there.

You're right - I only put it in one requirements list, not both. My apologies, it's up there now. Thanks to you and HyperonicX for pointing it out.

NEW UPDATE

• Mod now has a proper fomod installer, with checkboxes for options and everything. Try it with the mod organizer of your choice!
  • She-Hulk and TLOU Ellie masks added!
  • Compatibility with HisDudeness2015's Helmet Overlay Graphics! Just install that mod and Scrivener07's Helmet Overlays, tick the "Mask Overlay" box during installation, and prepare to have your field of vision drastically reduced!
  • And finally... ponies! Yes, I've added masks for those critters the Internet hates/loves/loves to hate, the My Little Ponies. Look for them in your console under "Pony Bondage Chest". In addition, there's also "pony hooves" for each mask that effectively imprison your hands, making it impossible to hold weapons, cast spells, or use lockpicks. Feel free to punch people in the face, however.

I know threads about this children's tv show get heated, so I have made the ponies an OPTIONAL part of the install. I want so few arguments about this I can hardly breathe

Open question: would anyone prefer having the mask chests out in the world somewhere rather than spawning them from the console, and if so where? I've been reluctant to plop them in Whiterun just because every mod clutters up Whiterun, but if people would prefer that it's fine with me.

Awesome job with the newest additions, but I've ran into a few problems.

First, I couldn't install the mod properly, using NMM, although FOMOD worked properly, it failed to install for some reason. NMM said it did, but the .esp files were nowhere to be found.

Second, the overlays didn't work. I believe it might be a folder structure problem.

I found that putting the files into Data/Interface/Overlays works, unlike putting them in meshes/devious/cursedloot.

First, I couldn't install the mod properly, using NMM, although FOMOD worked properly, it failed to install for some reason. NMM said it did, but the .esp files were nowhere to be found.

Second, the overlays didn't work. I believe it might be a folder structure problem.

I found that putting the files into Data/Interface/Overlays works, unlike putting them in meshes/devious/cursedloot.

Curious. I use Mod Organizer- I don't know why it would fail on NMM. I'll have a look at both of those.

Got another bug report.

You can't unequip the pony masks. There is no dialogue box, even when you decide to put it on. It just equips. Trying to take it off does nothing, but you see text in the top left saying "You choose to put the mask on." or something to that degree.

Open question: would anyone prefer having the mask chests out in the world somewhere rather than spawning them from the console, and if so where? I've been reluctant to plop them in Whiterun just because every mod clutters up Whiterun, but if people would prefer that it's fine with me.

I think it would be nice to have them in a box somehwere. Possibly solutude or another city that normaly is not modded to much? 

It looks like NMM and MO parse the same XML differently, because why should anything be easy. I've uploaded version 104a with a config that installs correctly on my machine using both NMM and MO (and also fixes a small bug with the Luna mask).

I'm a little confused by this. The way the hood overlays are supposed to work is you download one of HisDudeness2015's .dds files and expand it into the Data/Interface/Overlays directory. Then you put a magic .nif file with the same name and folder structure as the .dds in the Data/Meshes directory and make it the world model of your mask/hood. That's how it works in Deviously Cursed Loot, and I tried to do the exact same thing. Could you give me more detail as to what you're installing in what order, and where you're putting it?

Got another bug report.

You can't unequip the pony masks. There is no dialogue box, even when you decide to put it on. It just equips. Trying to take it off does nothing, but you see text in the top left saying "You choose to put the mask on." or something to that degree.

I can't reproduce this. Apart from the invisible Luna mask that I fixed, I had no problems putting the masks on and unlocking them, with the proper dialogue boxes. Have you tried this with a fresh save? Are you getting any errors in your Papyrus log?

It looks like NMM and MO parse the same XML differently, because why should anything be easy. I've uploaded version 104a with a config that installs correctly on my machine using both NMM and MO (and also fixes a small bug with the Luna mask).

I'm a little confused by this. The way the hood overlays are supposed to work is you download one of HisDudeness2015's .dds files and expand it into the Data/Interface/Overlays directory. Then you put a magic .nif file with the same name and folder structure as the .dds in the Data/Meshes directory and make it the world model of your mask/hood. That's how it works in Deviously Cursed Loot, and I tried to do the exact same thing. Could you give me more detail as to what you're installing in what order, and where you're putting it?

Got another bug report.

I can't reproduce this. Apart from the invisible Luna mask that I fixed, I had no problems putting the masks on and unlocking them, with the proper dialogue boxes. Have you tried this with a fresh save? Are you getting any errors in your Papyrus log?

After installing the latest version (104a) there seems to be no problems, so I guess it's all working fine. Dunno why it was being silly before.

Hi,

Thanks for the update/expansion of your mod! The pony 'hooves' are interesting -- a good expansion of the DD stuff. Thanks too for the bridge to the overlays. :blush:

Would anything speak against merging the esp's with Tes5edit? I already gave it a try and it reported no errors, also no in-game issues at first glance with AddItemMenu... but  that doesn't always mean it's actually safe to merge things.

Your mod worked right 'out of the box' for me, everything seems to be set up correctly for Scrivener's mod. If the overlays fail to render after installing, check that:

- the .esps are in sorted correctly... the one for the overlays must be last

- the overlays graphics are installed in the correct folder (Data\Interface\exported\overlays\devious\cursedloot\gimphoodhoodgnd.dds)

- that the hood .nif file from this mod (or Cursed Loot 5.3+) has been installed (Data\meshes\devious\cursedloot\gimphoodgnd.nif)

After installing the latest version (104a) there seems to be no problems, so I guess it's all working fine. Dunno why it was being silly before.

Glad to hear it!

Would anything speak against merging the esp's with Tes5edit? I already gave it a try and it reported no errors, also no in-game issues at first glance with AddItemMenu... but that doesn't always mean it's actually safe to merge things.

All three should merge together fine. I'll probably merge the overlay bridge into the other esps in the next update.

• 2 weeks later...

are you going to add more to this mod?

Hi! Here's kind of an incomplete look at what I'm planning for the future of this mod, in no particular order:

• More masks as I find them
  • Pony tail butt plugs
  • Compatibility with DCUR such that if you have it installed, masks + bodysuits require its much rarer Head/Body Restraint Keys to remove
  • Compatibility with popular needs mods (iNeed, RND) so that fucking while wearing a mask feeds you (but less each time)
  • MCM Menu for config
  • Actual integration with DCUR? who knows
I don't have a timeline for when any of this will be released, what with work scheduling and the process of learning how to implement all this stuff.

As always, if anyone has suggestions or would like to offer help I'd be glad to listen- I'd love to add things involving quests or dialogue, but those systems are way more confusing.