View File

This is a small alternate start mod, built to plug in to Live Another Life (LAL). The character starts out as a lowly novice in Bashnag's coven of spellswords (Southfringe Sanctum, near the southern border of Skyrim), but promptly gets into trouble as Bashnag's paranoia gets out of control.

To start, select 'I am a novice spellsword' at the statue of Mara in the LAL cell.

The introductory quest builds on Sanguine's Debauchery Plus (v3.0 or later) and adds some quest-specific touches to the general SD+ scenario - a little bit of extra dialogue, an additional way to escape. Bashnag has a sadistic streak (SD+ personality profile), and may decide to feed you to the spiders after all.

• Ending the quest by dumping you in with the spiders requires more than 5 punishments from Bashnag in a single day, and a very submissive dialogue option. Easy to avoid, if you so choose (but kind of challenging to get out of).
  • The easiest way out is to steal the key. But there's a locked gate on the direct path, so you'll need some lock picks. There are at least a few available, on Bashnag's side of the barrier.

A second alternate start, as a vampire thrall in Bloodlet Throne, has been added in v1.1; this start will usually result in contracting vampirism.

• Once the character turns, if it is between 6pm and midnight, she will have a dialogue option to say that the hunger is gnawing at her. This will release her from captivity (though Deviously Helpless might kick in almost immediately, if it is installed). It is timed for evening, so that she has a substantial part of the night to find shelter... and prey.
  • On default settings, that is usually about the same point where SD+ allows you to join the master's faction, so you have a choice about which way to depart Bloodlet Throne.

Requirements:

SexLab v1.59c

Sanguine's Debauchery Plus v3.0 or later

Devious Devices v2.9.0 or later

Live Another Life v3.0 or later

Changelog:

v1.1: Expansion:

• Added a second alternate start, as a vampire captive in Bloodlet Throne.
  • Updated for Live Another Life v3.0, which means it now requires all three DLC. The old 1.0 version is still available, for players who do not want that requirement.

v1.0: Minor fixes:

• Made spellswords non-hostile to Bashnag.
  • Added chance that pilfering from Bashnag's chest will be noticed (and punished).
  • Added custom dialogue to some of the nearby spellswords; among other things, this blocks them from volunteering to be your new master.

v0.9: Minor fixes:

• Added a few lockpicks to a couple of NPCs, to make the stockade less of a barrier.
  • Added a SEQ file to ensure that the LAL starting option is processed properly.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    12/13/2014
  • Category
  • Requires
    SD+, LAL, Devious Devices, SexLab
  • Special Edition Compatible

Guest Long John

@stobor - All you need to allow for the dialogue for the modification to start is to generate a SEQ file. The issue with custom dialogue (and/or greeting) was introduced to Skyrim by one of Bethesda's official patches.

If a SEQ file is generated there will be no more need to save and reload at the start for the dialogue to appear.

@Long John:  Ah, yes!  I've gotten out of the habit, since I hardly ever use start-enabled quests in my mods anymore (they are less convenient to debug).  I'll add one.

@Bobbert6996:  Yup.  Wouldn't want it to be easy.  Actually, that stems from the fact that Bethesda didn't assign factions to most of them - but I decided to leave it that way, at least for now.

By the way, my test character (a Succubus Race would-be mage) managed to get out both ways.  Once from the middle of the spider den, and once by a wing-assisted leap over the locked stockade (followed by a bare-clawed sneak attack on the guy by the alchemy table to gain armor and a weapon).  I may have to stash some lockpicks somewhere, for other types of character...

I never find this location much of a challenge in normal play, because it is so easy to pick off the spellswords one at a time.  But for a brand-new character armed with nothing but her wits and one or two basic spells, it is a lot more fun.  Even if you skip through the SD+ parts quickly.

Probably something Requiem does... it de-levels the game, and to do so it sets the difficulty of various areas which possibly messes with stuff like this.

I tried the mod and everything went fine I suppose... Bashnag enslaved me, but after that, there wasn't much going on. I lured a spellsword over and Bashnag destroyed him, but then I went and found the 2nd spellsword, submitted to him (changing him to my owner) then let him kill himself against the spiders. I started as a Breton, and I guess in Perkus Maximus that means I start with a 'Summon Weak Flame Atronach' spell, so she was a huge help against the remaining spiders. After that I made my way into the world and the game pretty much went on as usual.

Funniest thing to me is that, once I got to the surface, I had no idea where I was! It has been a very long time since I was lost in Skyrim, but I had never gone to this area of the map, so it was a bit of a thrill to truly feel lost in the wilderness, at least for awhile. ^_^

Funniest thing to me is that, once I got to the surface, I had no idea where I was! It has been a very long time since I was lost in Skyrim, but I had never gone to this area of the map, so it was a bit of a thrill to truly feel lost in the wilderness, at least for awhile. ^_^

Same feelings here. After more than 1800 hours playing Skyrim (so says Steam...) I´ve never been in that cave.

Is amazing how Skyrim can still surprise us after three years :)

I like the mod quite a bit, but the hostility of the other NPCs is kind of a problem. I waited for a couple hours and got teleported to a cage along with Bashnag and the "get in your cage!" message. Unfortunately, the cage (which was too small anyway) was surrounded by NPCs who killed Bashnag, heh.

Updated to v1.0.  This version should prevent you from stealing Bashnag's treasure too easily, and also from getting the spellswords to fight amongst themselves.  The issue with the too-small cage is not fixed, though I've laid the groundwork for a fix (once matching SD+ changes are released).

What about spellswords wandering into spider cave and getting killed by spiders?

BTW, spellswords are a perfect joinable faction for SD, since they only occupy one cave and don`t change your relation to other factions (so no friendly bandits all across Tamriel). How about focusing on that? Let`s say PC gets through slavery, joins a faction through SD+ means and then finds out that it all was a rite of passage for Bashnag`s coven AKA Bashnag`s harem. Faction benefits might include a spellbook trader (focusing on necromancy), a basic follower or two and a couple of quests - like gathering ingredients or training Selveni as a public use whore for failing her trial.

The spellswords don't currently have their own faction, as far as I can tell.  They belong to NecromancerFaction.  Bashnag doesn't belong to any faction, in the vanilla game.

They shouldn't wander in amongst the spiders at random, but they might follow you there under some circumstances (in early testing, I regularly had Deviously Helpless teleport one to me if I got thrown to the spiders, where he promptly attacked both Selveni and the spiders; that shouldn't be happening now).

The spellswords don't currently have their own faction, as far as I can tell.  They belong to NecromancerFaction.  Bashnag doesn't belong to any faction, in the vanilla game.

That`s what happens when you use TES Wiki instead of UESP as a source of information. :(

They shouldn't wander in amongst the spiders at random, but they might follow you there under some circumstances

It happend to my master when I got enslaved by one of the spellswords in another playthrough.