(Request) Enchanting List Book

Varithina

I know I can find a book that lists all the enchantments in game, what I would like is one that also shows which enchantments I have available.

For example; I open the book and one the first page and it shows a list of the first 5 enchantments available in game alphabetically, the ones I don't know show up as grey or some other colour, the one's I do know show up as green or something similar.

I have had a root around in the construction kit, but have not really found anything useful, and I do know its there somewhere as when you use a enchanting station it shows the effects you can do and only those, and as I said earlier there is a book listing all the available in game enchantments already in game.

Ack, just did a bit more research, apparently there are 2 books the list enchantments 1 armour and 1 weapon, both are apparently incomplete lists according the the site here http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Books

I have the idea this is going to be a pain to actually do, depending on how its stored in the characters data.

Well first off, we have a place for requests here. Not sure how you missed it, as it is a sticky right at the top of this section (even has large cap letters that say REQUESTS). No reason to make a new thread.

And if collecting all the enchants are what you're after, why not use something as simple as this? It's a bat file that adds all the enchants to your inventory via weapons/armors and then you just disenchant them to learn the enchants. It is of course missing the Briarheart Geis, but that can't be obtained any ways except via console. Which you can just add yourself and disenchant it if you want the full completionist list of enchants.

Well first off, we have a place for requests here. Not sure how you missed it, as it is a sticky right at the top of this section (even has large cap letters that say REQUESTS). No reason to make a new thread.

And if collecting all the enchants are what you're after, why not use something as simple as this? It's a bat file that adds all the enchants to your inventory via weapons/armors and then you just disenchant them to learn the enchants. It is of course missing the Briarheart Geis, but that can't be obtained any ways except via console. Which you can just add yourself and disenchant it if you want the full completionist list of enchants.

Duh, to myself from the first part of your post not sure how I missed it myself:(

And as per the second part that would be cheating which I try not to do, I'm just wanting an easier way to see which enchants I need without constantly keep finding a enchanter to check, and to stop hauling back crap items just for the enchant only to find that I already have them:(

I hope this will be helpful: There is a mod called Unknown Enchants which adds "(U)" to the end of item names when the character doesn't know the enchantment, for example, renames "Lunar Mace" to "Lunar Mace (U)". It was on nexus (broken link here) but since it's hidden I've attached it here.

Thanks I will give it a look as it seems close enough from your description, and sorry about taking so long to respond as I work in retail so you can guess what work is like at present:(

Dose It only work with main enchants or will it work with player added ones, as I have a couple of mods that add their own enchants, and using lootification means that I can find them on well pretty much any appropriate armour/weapon.

What would be really useful, would be if SkyUI had a symbol that told you whether or not you knew the enchantment on an item, so that you don't accidentally buy an item that has an enchantment you already know, or sell an item that has an enchantment you don't.

That would work as well, as long as I can see which enchants I have without having to keep hauling them back to enchanters I am not really bothered how it works.

Archived