Anvil Chapel Restored

View File

A simple mod that restores Anvil Chapel and adds 2 priests and a healer back into the chapel. There are NO spell sales at this time. The mod has been tested with several mods loaded that change Anvil, Better Benirus Manor, Benirus Lair, Diverse Guards etc. and no problems have been encountered so far. The statues in the screen shot will be the vanilla stone statues unless you have a mod that changes the default statues. The ones in the screen shot are from my lifelike god statues mod on the nexus.

The restoration will take effect AFTER you have been inside the destroyed chapel at least once AND have taken on the quest Pilgrimage from the Prophet.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    12/12/2014
  • Category
  • Requires
    latest Oblivion with Knights of the Nine

It is one of the plugins from the 'Oblivifall' series of mods by Cliffworms, a series which is aiming to recreate various features from Daggerfall for Oblivion. A 'religion overhaul' which (besides other things) changes all the chapels' interiors.

This mod can be found here.

Which mod doesn't conflict with that one... :)? Nah, just kiddin'.

If Anvil's Chapel of Dibella is being altered by the mod there's a chance it's incompatible indeed. Depends on the specific changes 'Monstergirl' applies to the chapel and also on the load order of both mods. Maybe conflicts can be resolved with the Bashed Patch.

Only one way to find out: Download and install Oldwolf's mod (don't forget to rate the file) and then check out this particular interior cell. If any weirdness occurs, experiment with placing the mod either above or below 'Monstergirl' and/or rebuilding the Bashed Patch.

Mosntergirl generally will conflict with anything that adds things to the same place that it does. Monstergirl adds monsters and stuff to the chapel from the description this mods adds some NPC's to the chapel so I would give it a 99% chance that you will CTD the moment you enter the chapel with monstergirl installed and if it doesn't any NPC this mod adds are going to be dead unless they are essential.

I played Claudia's little secret awhile back and had no problem then during one quest CTD leaving leyawiin warped to the imperial city and tried to run to leyawiin but could only get halfway before CTD the only mod that I had installed other then a few clothes was monstergirl and I already knew it was the cause. I turned it off and CTD was gone. Problem was is that CLS was adding enemies to the area between leyawiin and the imperial city but so was monstergirl and that was what was causing the CTD.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know exactly what Monster Girl changes about the Anvil Chapel but my mod replaces the chapel with the original by changing the load doors. When you've triggered the clean up of the chapel the Load doors are "switched out" so that you actually enter the Original chapel however: the undercroft and the chapel living quarters are still the same as with the destroyed chapel. Anything monster girl would place in those areas would still be there it would only be inside the actual chapel itself that there would be no changes that monster girl made.

• 2 weeks later...

Monster girl adds monsters to the cell the people in the chapel are dead it also changes and adds some things into the cell. Generally when you have 2 mods trying to modify/change the same cell you will get conflicts/CTD when entering said cell.

When 2 or more mods change the same cell you usually do get some sort of conflict but assuming they'll cause a ctd isn't necessarily true. It depends on 1. What is changed by each mod and 2 How it's changed. If one mod places an NPC in a cell and another mod places another NPC in the same cell there isn't likely to be a CTD as well as if one mod changes the pictures in a cell and other adds different furniture they might work together. It's only when the cell in it's entirety is changed and there is a conflict between two mods changing that cell in the same way that the CTD is normally a problem. Otherwise one will overwrite the others changes. That is why it is SO important for mod authors to clean their mods with TES Edit. Removing same as master files will drastically reduce the possibilities of inter mod conflicts.