[Question] How do I make new races interact with the Framework?

jemand69

Hello Loverslab community,

after lurking for quite some time, I have a question which i think is best posted here:

If I generate a new race by duplicating Imperials, add hands and feet and all that stuff, I can initiate animations using matchmaker. But if i create a race from scratch (which is a pain in the ass by the way), I am not able to initiate animations using matchmaker (the spell fizzles). I initially thought as long as I use the female skeleton everything will be okay, but sadly, there must be something I am missing that is used to tell the framework which actor type it is dealing with. Is it a Formlist item or what exactly am I missing here?

I hope my question is not too obvious, I did not find any answer in the forums.

Help would be very much appreciated.

Hey again, thanks for the replies. Papyrus did not really help, but I managed to resolve the problem nonetheless... but the problem seems rather odd to me:

I already had tried to change all of the attributes of my race to those of the imperial race because the imperial duplicate worked, but nothing seemed to work, which is why i posted here and asked for hidden flags or something. So after some more unsuccessful attempts and copying everything about the imperial race, even the ID (after renaming the original imperialrace), it finally worked for some reason. After some more testing, it actually seems to be an ID issue. But i had never thought there would by a rule to explicitly not allow 'Schildmaid' ('shieldmaiden' in english) as the ID.. especially considering 'shieldmaiden' works too. Does the ID have to be in an english dictionary or something? Oh well, im just happy it works now.

Archived