Cellan Race Mod

GDelscribe

Hey, I've got lots of planning all set out for this mod, and I've got the CK stuff working for me pretty well so I can easily make the race itself.

The problem comes to me as soon as I try to do anything artistic, like modelling.

Placed in adult because I refuse to use non nude base bodies.

I've got the lore for these guys, I'm making models and such myself (since that's something I actually am capable of, its the bodies that kill me.)

I have voice actors ready and basic dialogue written, quests plotted (not programmed YET, of course.)

But before I can get anything REAL finished beyond books and weapons, I need models.

If anybody has the skills and is interested in working on a medium sized mod based around a new race, please respond below.

Refs attached.

post-23969-13597873321631_thumb.jpg

SUBJECT TO CHANGE

PICTURES COMING, possibly soon.

I DO take your suggestions into account. If you can come up with anything you think is "better" I honestly would love to hear it, since this was the only way I could think of to integrate the race without those people complaining about "lore conflicts"

---

The Cellan are typically a Nomadic species, they live their entire lives on ships from birth, til death. Many ages ago the Cellan had a vast empire and thousands of colonies, spreading across the stars. However after an internal affairs fiasco on the homeworld, the empire split in two. This lead to disagreement througout the entire Cellan nation, and it eventually led to war, both sides destroying each other completely. All that remained was a small collection of battered ships and several hundred Cellan.

The technology they had created in the years of prosperity however managed to survive, if only a little. Temporal weaponry, an advanced knowledge of how time works... those were the gifts they had left.

All they had left.

While most became pirates, using their skills and intelligence to murder, pillage and plunder, some began a new culture. A nomadic way of life that continued to exist for over three hundred years.

The story in the mod follows one ship that crash landed on Tamriel two era's prior.

Forced to settle they began to build into the mountains of skyrim, creating vast tunnel networks. The main city was a thriving technological metropolis centered around a natural inground lake.

---

Basic anatomy notes

Being otterlike in form they do have webbed fingers and toes. A genetic carry over that was never bred out of the species. Their legs are muscular but their frame on average is quite lithe. Unlike typical otters their pelt is soft and retains water. An, unfortunate genetic hangover. As such, they aren't really built for swimming despite being otters. However, they do have a third lung and much higher lung capacity as a result allowing them to hold their breath for MUCH longer periods of time.

They tend to come in four varieties.

1:Those with dark fur on the outside, moving in to lighter on the belly.

In this first variation they have a different hair colour from their fur. Cellan only have three hair colours: Brown, Auburn, and Black. All of their furs range from Deep brown to Terracotta and Mahogany.

2: Light fur on the outside getting darker with a near white muzzle.

As was the case with the first, this variation has a different hair colour from their fur.

The other two remaining types are the same as 1 and 2, only with hair that blends into the fur almost completely.

Eyes come in Grey, Amber, Red and Blue. Amber is the dominant Gene, Red is the pigmentation deficient version of it. Blue is the recessive, likewise, Grey is the pigment deficient version of blue.

---

Genitalia and sexual information

(pictures will eventually come)

Thousands of years prior, males evolved to have slightly more streamlined genitals, making the scrotum sink slightly into the body, and the sheath terribly small, just enough to protect what needed to be protected.

Females changed as well, unfortunately leading to complications, as being otters, the males need to penetrate the cervix with the tip of their penis. Females ended up developing deeper vaginal canals. This led to fertility issues, and haunted the Cellan species for many years after the fall of the empire.

Unfortunately this had an adverse effect when average penis size increased from the meagre four inch phallus, to the new average of six inches to accommodate the deeper vaginal canals. As such, the very tip of the penis is constantly out of the sheath, and is therefore unprotected from the elements. The scrotum also returned to a more lax position as testicle size increased from golfball size to large egg size.

Some time however afterwords the depth decreased allowing for easier cervical penetration and capped the standard penis size at a healthy seven inches when all was said and done.

The gene pool became a little bit small after the empire fell so... the species adapted somewhat faster so to speak. But also mutated much more often due to... complications with inbreeding. Nothing stellar resulted.

Author's Note: There was the famous "four armed Cellan" once however, who through no fault of his own or his parents ended up merged with a twin during the neonatal stages. Ended up with two parasitic twin arms. He could move them independently, he became a hit at parties.

---

Closing notes on anatomy

Cellan have rather simple anatomy otherwise. Their body has no vestigial organs save for their webbing. The body is partially immune to several types of particles commonly encountered in time travel and temporal manipulation. In other individuals that are not immune, these particles are deadly.

Lastly, Cellan have pink flesh rather than black flesh. It is a very soft pink.

---

Plans for the Mod, Lesser Powers, spells, weapons.

Spell: Haste

School: Alteration

A self targeted technique that enhances speed and agility for a short amount of time, as well as making fatigue infinite while it is active, so you can sprint for a much longer time or use power attacks more often. However, plans are to have a debuff to balance this. The original plan is to make it so that as soon as it deactivates, the player will temporarily collapse like some mods did in oblivion. Its not known however if this is doable in skyrim YET. So other suggestions for balancing are always welcome.

Spell: Slow

School: Alteration

Slow causes all creatures (NPC characters, monsters, wyverns, and animals) within a five foot radius of the spellcaster to be "slowed."

They begin to speed up in steady increments as time goes on.

Spell: Timesnap

School: Destruction

Skill Level: Master

Timesnap is a 'touch' spell, requiring the player to touch the target directly for it to hit. The spell erases the touched being from time, cutting them out of history and turning them to dust, in game this will be a simple spell that calls the end resurrected corpse effect, that burns them up and turns them into "ash pile."

This could work on anything, but there will be attempts made to have it not effect dragons. This spell does an automatic 50% of max health damage to the user on success. If you are half dead already and you use this, you will also burst into dust; or at least die at any rate.

This spell WILL kill essential NPCs. Do NOT use it for giggles.

---

Quicknotes:

Average Height for Males and females is generally the same.

They range in height from 4 feet 3 inches, to about 5 feet 2 inches.

Weight is generally low at only 130 pounds on average.

To make up for their small size and stature they focus on making weapons and armor/using magic to augment themselves.

post-23969-13597873393389_thumb.jpg

post-23969-13597873393703_thumb.jpg

post-23969-13597873393862_thumb.png

post-23969-13597873394322_thumb.jpg

post-23969-13597873394884_thumb.jpg

So basically this is an Otter race' date=' right?

If so, then this is a glorious idea and I may be able to help you with it, at least the modeling part. I just starting using this new program...

[/quote']

That's right!

I'd always wanted an Otter race and after a while of seeing nobody else even starting one, I figured why not begin my own.

The lore is almost all finished and should be posted pretty soon in one of the above posts.

I'm very glad to see somebody interested!

This is fantastic. I don't know why' date=' it's just great. And I will try to help you out, even though I probably won't be able to help too much.

[/quote']

Thank you very much.

Any help is always better than no help!

As a thought for a special ability of the race give them some type of auto-waterbreathing ability or something like that. Oh and maybe add in the khajitts claws ability.

I was thinking, due to them being mammalian in nature it would be somewhat illogical to have them be able to breath water.

However, I am trying to figure out if its possible to make them have double, or more, "air" underwater.

Being a beast race by nature I think that the Khajiit Claw ability would be a very good thing to include.

Yeah the more air was what i was getting at but without a way to change the variables that state how long you can stay underwater without dieing the waterbreathing spell is the closes thing to what otters have in real life.

I think it should be easy enough to change actually, I can't do anything right now since I'm compiling scripts with the CK and that takes a while, but I think all I'd need to do is create a duplicate entry of the existing water breath entry, then alter the new entry to be much larger.

Then I could just apply the modified entry to a new trait, and slap it into the Race set up.

Now that I look at them again' date=' the Khajiit, particularly the female ones, look a just a bit otter-y themselves. I might be able to mess with the head mesh a bit and make it really look like an otter.

[/quote']

That's a fantastic idea!

this will be so cool im still waiting on a fox race >< hope to see them soon cant wait to try your to

A fox race would be very cool.

Heh heh heh... it's always good to have concepts of the reproductive organs.

The term "barbed" should ring a bell.

*chuckles*

That it does, having read "The Real Barenziah" I find it terribly awkward to see Khajiit with Human genitals instead of catlike ones!

this will be so cool im still waiting on a fox race >< hope to see them soon cant wait to try your to

*chuckles*

That it does' date=' having read "The Real Barenziah" I find it terribly awkward to see Khajiit with Human genitals instead of catlike ones!

[/quote']

so how long befor we can try this race i got a nice set of gear for one

*chuckles*

That it does' date=' having read "The Real Barenziah" I find it terribly awkward to see Khajiit with Human genitals instead of catlike ones!

[/quote']

so how long befor we can try this race i got a nice set of gear for one

Actually since all that I need to get now is rigged models for them, as soon as those are finished, (or at least very shortly after) v1 of the race will be released.

Right now they just use basic Khajiit models, but the race is actually already finished.

cant wait to see all your hard work in play

Glad to see such enthusiasm, thank you.

After the models are released I'll periodically update it as well.

If things go well, I hope to add many NPCs and a new worldspace+quests.

Also, speaking of models, if anyone should be thanked for their hard work, it is the ever wonderful lolicatgirls9 who is so graciously aiding with this project!

cant wait to see all your hard work in play

Glad to see such enthusiasm' date=' thank you.

After the models are released I'll periodically update it as well.

If things go well, I hope to add many NPCs and a new worldspace+quests.

Also, speaking of models, if anyone should be thanked for their hard work, it is the ever wonderful lolicatgirls9 who is so graciously aiding with this project!

[/quote']hope my armor mod work lol

Archived