100% Natural Unshaven Women

Harmonia123

I am sure you can find them but I thought I might point out. Women have been shaving and depilitating themselves for centuries. Its not a new thing. Using everything from honey, bee venom, lemon juice, tree sap ect.

I remember that, like every other aspect of society, shaving took a dump in the dark ages. If you can't pay taxes or feed yourself, shaving would not be priority.

Also, if women had never stopped shaving, why were extensive ad campaigns required to get them to start again?

The age commonly portrayed as the "dark ages" weren't as dark as myths portray. In fact, I worded that sentence as such because the "dark ages" as we know them.. did not exist. Never happened. It was a term coined by an Italian poet that thought the world would be plunged into an age of darkness because Rome fell.

Don't get us wrong -- if you went back to the medieval era in a time machine, you would hate it for all of the five minutes it took the locals to murder you for witchcraft. But the term "Dark Ages" isn't even used by scholars because there isn't much evidence that life sucked any more than the periods before or after it (but more on that later). It's just that pop culture only remembers the violent parts, like where people would gather to watch dudes stab each other off of horses for fun.

Rome was way into hygiene and that.. wasn't lost in the Middle Ages. The only thing that changed that was Black Death. In an age where communal bathing was still a thing and that made for the easy passing on a deadly pandemic since bathing opens up the pores for all sorts of infected.. well.. scholars of the Middle Ages were actually pretty smart to know that was bad.

tl;dr:

If you want to back up your fetish, no biggie. We all have fetishes here we might not want to admit. We won't judge each other for that reason.

But trying to justify it with historical precedent.. weeeell....

And I just realized we're talking about historical accuracy with a game in a fictional place with dragons and trolls and we're talking historical accuracy with sex mods where anatomical accuracy is.. well.. a foregone thought.

I beg to differ on this one, because in my opinion, historical accuracy can have some significance even in a fantasy world like Skyrim.

If we interpret 'historical accuracy' to mean such things that events in the game should exactly match their real world counter parts, then of course it means nothing, because dragons never have existed in real.

However, if we interpret it as 'lore friendly', then it can mean what is probable in such a world, which is indeed, loosely based on our Middle Ages (plus some Tolkienian themes like Elves and magics).

If someone in such kind of a world is seen flying with a help of magic, or witnessing a three headed monster, we'll probably think it to be probable, in the context of such a pseudo magical Middle Age world.

However, if someone is seen flying a jet fighter, or using tablet computer, it becomes a whole different story. We just can't justify such things by saying 'hey, it's all fictional!'.

So, the problem becomes whether or not females living in such a world which is roughly equivalent to our Middle Ages would care to spend time in shaving their body hairs, and we can get some hints by comparing conditions of life to the equivalent historical period.

I'm not arguing females in Skyrim should not shave their hairs. I'm just saying that at least it's something worth discussing, and a reference to the Middle Ages can be a valid one, if not pushed too far.

You can change mesh position/rotation in nifskope (only slightly, because bsdismember won't like it), then hit apply. You can also paste it all over the legs or everywhere in 3dmax or blender and turn your char into a gorilla.

To change hair length, thickness and volume edit the texture's alpha channel. To use it in game, you need to make armor item and armor addon with both of them using slot 59.

How do I do that stuff? I am not that amazing at modding. Do I just copy and paste the nif file and into assets, and it will work?

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Creating_an_armour_for_Skyrim._Part_2

skip to "Add the armour to the game", you also don't need that _0.nif and _1.nif nonsense.

I just tried making some and got this lol

what the f.... :D :D looks hilarious :D :D

That's a STD called Pubelosis Grassicus, she got it from spriggans or trees, or ....tree-huggers.

I am sure you can find them but I thought I might point out. Women have been shaving and depilitating themselves for centuries. Its not a new thing. Using everything from honey, bee venom, lemon juice, tree sap ect.

I remember that, like every other aspect of society, shaving took a dump in the dark ages. If you can't pay taxes or feed yourself, shaving would not be priority.

Also, if women had never stopped shaving, why were extensive ad campaigns required to get them to start again?

The age commonly portrayed as the "dark ages" weren't as dark as myths portray. In fact, I worded that sentence as such because the "dark ages" as we know them.. did not exist. Never happened. It was a term coined by an Italian poet that thought the world would be plunged into an age of darkness because Rome fell.

Don't get us wrong -- if you went back to the medieval era in a time machine, you would hate it for all of the five minutes it took the locals to murder you for witchcraft. But the term "Dark Ages" isn't even used by scholars because there isn't much evidence that life sucked any more than the periods before or after it (but more on that later). It's just that pop culture only remembers the violent parts, like where people would gather to watch dudes stab each other off of horses for fun.

Rome was way into hygiene and that.. wasn't lost in the Middle Ages. The only thing that changed that was Black Death. In an age where communal bathing was still a thing and that made for the easy passing on a deadly pandemic since bathing opens up the pores for all sorts of infected.. well.. scholars of the Middle Ages were actually pretty smart to know that was bad.

tl;dr:

If you want to back up your fetish, no biggie. We all have fetishes here we might not want to admit. We won't judge each other for that reason.

But trying to justify it with historical precedent.. weeeell....

Not necessarily so. One thing your argument lacks is the difference between upper and lower class living. Hygiene is a luxury, not necessarily because peasants didn't care for it- but for the lower class, there was often no /time/ to shave, usually working the fields from sunrise to sunset. Do you think they cared about body hair?

People in colder climates would probably not care as much either, because hair is good for some things, you know.

At any rate, I do know that there was always a desire to preserve roman ideals, including ideals of beauty. Roman was considered luxury. Roman was considered the peak.

In order to answer this, we need to consider how Rome ran it's business. Rome did not impose its culture on anyone, short of religion. They wanted people's money, and they wanted Christians, also for money. They didn't care what people did otherwise. The culture of people outside of the central provinces and major centers, would be far more influenced by the Germanic peoples, who overtook pretty much any village or city that did not have legionnaires about, and took their own tributes.

Peasants had to pay Rome, and after the decline of Roman power, they had to pay their various kings, and sometimes Germanic tribes on top of it. Do you think, between paying all of these tributes, and their taxes, and trying to grow their food, that these people had a free second to care about this.

I know the Dark Ages were not /as/ Dark as people like to think. The record suggests, for example, that the castles we see were usually elaborately painted and decorated in their heyday, but time has dulled them. Clothes were probably dyed, for everyone except the lowest of the low.

But it was not universal, and indeed, as we get deeper into the feudal period, the middle class would vary widely from place to place, time to time. Depending on the region, and the ruler, people may or may not have cared about shaving and hygiene. It all depends on luxury.

Hygiene takes time, and if you lacked time, you would have lacked hygiene.

All of that being said, more appropriate to the discussion would be focusing in on a specific time and place.

The Nords and Skyrim are largely based on the Germanic peoples, who did not have the same ideals of beauty as the Romans. In Northern climes, people would not care about removing an added layer of warmth, I'm sure, and they would not get naked as often. Baths? Unless you were rich, you wouldn't take a bath, because water would be a pain to heat up.

This is one loaded waffle here- sorry, but I do like discussing history- but the long and short of it is, Roman standards of beauty were not as widespread as you imply, with Europe being shaped by Germanic as well as Roman ideals. Hygiene, while valued, was not feasible for everyone, simply because a lack of free time would exist, between supporting tribe leaders, emperors, and kings, and still trying to make one's own end's meet. Cold climates such as Skyrim likely would not care as much about hygiene as people further South. Finally, I agree that yes, the Dark Ages were not as gray as books would have us believe- but it can be quite dark, certain times and places.

EDIT:

Also, I would like to bring up the fact that women needed to be /convinced/ to start shaving. I don't know if shaving died in the 1800s or something, but it did die at some point- otherwise women wouldn't need to be told to start again.

One thing's for sure, the Imperials sure seem to have Roman themes all over the place. :D

They do? I would have guessed that off-hand, based on the fact that they are called "Imperials," but I didn't want to say anything when I could be wrong.

As for what I want- it's nothing as complex as 3D even. Even textures with other types of hair would be fine. I see bush and pits, and nothing else.

Can't say much about belly or leg hair, but so far there are only 2 textures with proper bushes - Navetsea's and "LFF - Lore-Friendly Female Realistic Textures" (UNP only). Since they only come in 2k resolution, they are out of discussion.

The only thing that comes close is AnTiWoMaAgNoT's 4K texture, but since he/she refuses to make a version that doesn't use the "All-In-One" face, this one also is out. I mean i don't install a perfectly rough and mature looking body texture with a thick bush, only to have a face with half an inch of makeup above it.

I've been working on more body hair for women on and off, but it's a slow process. If you only work with textures, the hair will be skewed dramatically by the mesh, so you're limited in terms of where you can work. Underarms are very hard to do (the way underarms are stretched when the arms move is a huge problem, but it's not terribly noticeable because you almost never see a character's underarms), and I'm going to start working on legs soon.

Here's an example of a happy trail I've done for female orcs (plus expanding the bush up a bit). It think it's on a muscular CBBE variant, but I've switched meshes for orcs so many times I'm not sure. I like my orcs to really stand out, hence the large breasts and bad posture.

http://i.imgur.com/gNhYOMJ.jpg

For the hair I used a hair texture I think I found on LoversLab, but which I don't want to upload because I don't know the original artist and don't know if he/she'd have a problem posting it without credit. There are guides to making hair textures for image programs, but they never really work on the scale of individual hairs. You might have better luck, though.

Anyway, I'm glad to see more discussion on realistic hair. Even if Skyrim's culture promotes removing body hair (Bethesda hasn't addressed the issue), nobody's going to bother shaving after spending a couple weeks in the shit. 

there's a way to add/make hairs on the whole body in 3ds max. but i'm finding it difficult at the moment in terms of exporting.

there's a limit to vertex count for each mesh. so when i make the whole body hairs from neck line to toe the vertex count becomes like a million(in millions) and the mesh with max vertex count i was able to export (armor mesh) was 23000. And with the body hairs i got 360000000 vertex count.

actually its a game of numbers/settings when making the hairs. before rendering to mesh it only shows a bunch of hairs on the body and that point is the tricky part because after rendering the whole body becomes covered with hairs.

the images of my character i showed in my previous post with pubic,belly and butt hairs, there are 3 separate meshes for pubic,belly and butt hairs. pubic and belly hairs have (around )20000 vertex count and butt hairs have 16000ish vertex count.

so the whole body will get a lot more, so there'll be a lot of meshes parts for the whole body hairs with decent poly.

My other (private) body mod has pubic, belly, butt, chest and ab hairs and there are 7 separate meshes for all these hairs. now imagine the separate meshes for the hairs covering the whole body not mention when you'll make the armors then each armor will have the same amount of hair meshes. So there'll be a lot of work for that kind of body and i'm saying it with experience.

so my advice to you(topic creator) make the meshes only for pubic, arm pit hairs (separately) and a bit on the center from ab portion to pubic hairs (a line like). and then add the body hairs as the textures layer in the body textures.

i will post a couple pics of my that particular body mod which has these hairs on the body.

I've been working on more body hair for women on and off, but it's a slow process. If you only work with textures, the hair will be skewed dramatically by the mesh, so you're limited in terms of where you can work. Underarms are very hard to do (the way underarms are stretched when the arms move is a huge problem, but it's not terribly noticeable because you almost never see a character's underarms), and I'm going to start working on legs soon.

Here's an example of a happy trail I've done for female orcs (plus expanding the bush up a bit). It think it's on a muscular CBBE variant, but I've switched meshes for orcs so many times I'm not sure. I like my orcs to really stand out, hence the large breasts and bad posture.

For the hair I used a hair texture I think I found on LoversLab, but which I don't want to upload because I don't know the original artist and don't know if he/she'd have a problem posting it without credit. There are guides to making hair textures for image programs, but they never really work on the scale of individual hairs. You might have better luck, though.

Anyway, I'm glad to see more discussion on realistic hair. Even if Skyrim's culture promotes removing body hair (Bethesda hasn't addressed the issue), nobody's going to bother shaving after spending a couple weeks in the shit. 

That's the biggest thing I would think of. A wandering adventurer, thief, or bandit would not give a shit. People on the move generally make the most of their time, because they have to go places, and worrying about stuff like that would delay their time of departure.

there's a way to add/make hairs on the whole body in 3ds max. but i'm finding it difficult at the moment in terms of exporting.

there's a limit to vertex count for each mesh. so when i make the whole body hairs from neck line to toe the vertex count becomes like a million(in millions) and the mesh with max vertex count i was able to export (armor mesh) was 23000. And with the body hairs i got 360000000 vertex count.

actually its a game of numbers/settings when making the hairs. before rendering to mesh it only shows a bunch of hairs on the body and that point is the tricky part because after rendering the whole body becomes covered with hairs.

the images of my character i showed in my previous post with pubic,belly and butt hairs, there are 3 separate meshes for pubic,belly and butt hairs. pubic and belly hairs have (around )20000 vertex count and butt hairs have 16000ish vertex count.

so the whole body will get a lot more, so there'll be a lot of meshes parts for the whole body hairs with decent poly.

My other (private) body mod has pubic, belly, butt, chest and ab hairs and there are 7 separate meshes for all these hairs. now imagine the separate meshes for the hairs covering the whole body not mention when you'll make the armors then each armor will have the same amount of hair meshes. So there'll be a lot of work for that kind of body and i'm saying it with experience.

so my advice to you(topic creator) make the meshes only for pubic, arm pit hairs (separately) and a bit on the center from ab portion to pubic hairs (a line like). and then add the body hairs as the textures layer in the body textures.

i will post a couple pics of my that particular body mod which has these hairs on the body.

No, no, no, no.....

• 1 month later...

Can you tell me the artist then?

• 2 months later...

Can you tell me the artist then?

No idea on the artist, I was just doing personal use stuff and trials so I didn't pay attention, and it was way too long ago for me to remember, I just searched for hair packs, especially for Paint.net.

I like the SG 4k texture pack for CBBE. It can add pubic hair and armpit hair, and looks pretty consistent with the women I've known who didn't shave. Women of Nordic descent (in the real world, not Skyrim) seem to have very pale, thin body hair that is nearly invisible. So it makes sense that the Nords of Skyrim might be similar.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived