Wildlings ~ An alternative Skyrim Experience

After taking a break from the Skyrim and coming back to this, I found the problem- some missing files. Followed bazaba's instructions again and made a quick character to check things out Seems to be working great, now. :) 

Thanks for the help and for what is sure to be a great mod.

If you can't find the hood, (as I couldn't for ages :blush: ), then you need to go

In the torture chamber in Helgen Keep, the dead mage in the cage is wearing a Novice Hood. I put it on because I wanted to play a more magic oriented Wildling Beastess, and low and behold it turns out to be THE HOOD.

On a related note whilst wearing this Hood, hunters are attacking me but Vigilants of Stendar don't, I thought that Vigilants were supposed to see through the disguise too. Also Silverhand Elites are attacking me too, which is cool as I have moonlight Tales installed and was planning on going werewolf/bear anyway.

Have to say this is turning out to be a pretty interesting mod- you have to completely rethink (for numerous reasons) the way you play a character. At least until you find The Hood, apparently. It helps using the mods Hunterborn and Friends of Nature, though.

The one and only time in forever that I go back into Helgan Keep, I get the hood off the dead Mage and end up disenchanting it.  I really hope that's not the only one, or mabe it's a glitch and ALL hoods have that effect and work. Time to go find a wandering Mage and find out.

If you can't find the hood, (as I couldn't for ages :blush: ), then you need to go

In the torture chamber in Helgen Keep, the dead mage in the cage is wearing a Novice Hood. I put it on because I wanted to play a more magic oriented Wildling Beastess, and low and behold it turns out to be THE HOOD.

On a related note whilst wearing this Hood, hunters are attacking me but Vigilants of Stendar don't, I thought that Vigilants were supposed to see through the disguise too. Also Silverhand Elites are attacking me too, which is cool as I have moonlight Tales installed and was planning on going werewolf/bear anyway.

I don't think that is the hood.  I went and grabbed it and as soon as I stepped into Helgen, the whole town was up in arms to rid me of existence. 

Have to say this is turning out to be a pretty interesting mod- you have to completely rethink (for numerous reasons) the way you play a character. At least until you find The Hood, apparently. It helps using the mods Hunterborn and Friends of Nature, though.

The one and only time in forever that I go back into Helgan Keep, I get the hood off the dead Mage and end up disenchanting it.  I really hope that's not the only one, or mabe it's a glitch and ALL hoods have that effect and work. Time to go find a wandering Mage and find out.

Did that hood actually work for you?  I've read these few pages and description of mod and I've seen no hint of how to get the hood.  I'll go into the other pages around the full description of the mod requirements to hopefully see something leading to the mage we need to rip off.

Aside from having a small frame, I guess like a youth of Skyrim, I can't see how anyone would identify you as a Wildling.  I guess you just pretend you have some feature that stands out.  I think I might just add horns to my character to give some appearance that you can't hide.  Then pretend the hood is magical in the sense it will make the horns disappear when worn.

I find myself adding a bunch of little mods to add to the role.  All the suggestions posted by users has been fun.  Cool mod Trykz, thanks.

edit: Yeah, the other section explains the hood in more detail.  Should be interesting.

Finally I know where this freaking hood is. I love the sneaky gameplay of this race. Together with DUEL hardcore, Locational Damage, Immersive detection and Realistic Needs it is quite a challenge.

The description says that there are very few people who won't attack you but I already met dozens of people who won't attack me.

The Redguard guys who search for Saadia, a lot of quest NPC's in dungeons and on the road, M'aiq and a couple of castles full of mages and necromancers. Is this intended or a bug?

@bazaba- No, that wasn't The Hood, either. Tired several in fact just to test the theory, but no dice. 

So there is a clue as to where it is, or do you just want to put it in a spoiler. I wouldn't mind. :) I've been all over the place looking, but talk about a needle in a haystack type of thing.

As for aggressive people- it's really hit and miss with me as far as NPC, but for some reason I got into Riften. Go Figure.

Great mod, though,

For some reason, even when I am a wildling, nobody bothers to attack he. I thought they were all meant to hate me. Is this a big

Bug anybody else had had to their player?

I got that same thing but thay are modded one's vanilla NPCs attack still anyway to fix it?

I started a completely new game and I love it so far. The only thing that concerned me a little was the supposedly "hostile" storm, ice, fire mages they don't seem to attack you, there's one standing near the solitude wildling camp for example but a few citizens and nearly all the guards of skyrim are hostile towards me, which seems to be working. Thanks for sharing this race and looking forward for more updates. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

First of all; Interesting mod. I've given few different starts and I have to say I like the concept. As a new race there is a lot of potential here, but without others to interact with, the appeal begins to die down. Other Wildlings, perhaps a hidden village could add a lot more to the experience. My mind has been in creative mode lately and ideas have been popping up concerning this mod. My creativity is in writing and I've found myself concocting quests for my little exile.

I use Skyrim Unbound as an alternate start and I've found the best place to start is the burned cabin just south of Helgan. There are no people around and if you are using some of the other companion mods, you've already got a furry companion ready to join. Play testing the Wildling has been interesting. There are times when I feel overpowered when going up against magic users. Their spells are of little concern (even adepts), but if they pull a dagger the battle quickly turns to their favor. It's an interesting dynamic. Dragons are Murder, I avoid them like the plague; they're persistent bastards too. The Novice is a nice addition and makes for an interesting unwritten quest. Sometimes I find it in five minutes and other times it takes hours. On my current test I've yet to find it 15 hours in.

Over all I find this a promising start for a new race. Whether this is all there is or more is planned, I'm having a good time with it.

Last night I spent time exploring Skyrim with my Wildling, looking for what might be a place to have a hidden village. The most ideal location would be the lonely mountain in the center of the map. I picture a cave or burrow leading to a hidden forest world within. In this forest would be the Wildling village, with other wildlings to interact with. This could also be where a quest could be given for the elusive Novice Hood. I like the difficulty of finding the hood though, so it could be in one of three locations (different bandit camps or outposts etc.)

The mod has been a bit of inspiration. I really like the idea of an exile being touched by destiny. So I've been writing a story based on my Wildling's adventures. As I write the story, ideas for quest pop into my head. I can post those ideas when they come to me if anyone is interested. 

I was trying out another race mod while still acting like a wildling because I was always attacked by guards when in prison. A couple hours in I found the Novice Hood and equipped it, the message "You are now disguised" appeared.  I decided to test this and went to the nearest town and took off the hood. "You are no longer disguised"

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a question for this mod. Are all textures packed inside of the BSA archive? I am wondering because I wanted to mesh Aiko's CBBE Ohmes-Raht textures onto this mod for a far more... immersive bestial character experience, but I could not figure out which of the files within the Character folder linked to the Wildling race.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question for this mod. Are all textures packed inside of the BSA archive? I am wondering because I wanted to mesh Aiko's CBBE Ohmes-Raht textures onto this mod for a far more... immersive bestial character experience, but I could not figure out which of the files within the Character folder linked to the Wildling race.

Go to page 3 Post #46 I explained there how to get the mod to work with different textures

• 1 month later...

Does this mod has something for you to begin bestiality scenes or something like that? Is it compatible with beastess (http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1394-sexlab-beastess/) so I can complement it?

Untamed works better for it in my opinion, with beastess you need to go near civilized areas a lot, guards will kill you.  With untamed you can avoid those areas and live in the wild.  And give birth to animals.