Wildlings ~ An alternative Skyrim Experience

Yes. And no.....

I'm currently working on my Atmora mod, which will add a ton of new content. Especially for Wildlings  ;)

Having tested the mod inside the Atmora worldspace, I can confirm it works exactly the same as it does in the vanilla game. Everything wants you dead except for the wildlife  :)

Trykz

Hmm, I think I need some help. This mod changes my body type too plus the skin and it seems that I'm too dumb or tired to find the files. All I can find is the .esm and .bsa. Where does this mod stores the skeleton and body files?

bsa-s are a container files, you have to extract it first.

Hmm, I think I need some help. This mod changes my body type too plus the skin and it seems that I'm too dumb or tired to find the files. All I can find is the .esm and .bsa. Where does this mod stores the skeleton and body files?

bsa-s are a container files, you have to extract it first.

Thx for the answer. I already found a solution. I had to create new Wildling/Female folders in the character folder of meshes and textures. Then copied all meshes/textures into them and everything works.

A few questions:

Is it possible to turn into a werewolf with this race? Feeding on hunters in order to satisfy hunger would fit really well, I think.

Which NPC's aren't hostile? I've seen people comment that they've progressed in the MQ, so I assume that those NPC's are friendly. What about guilds? The thieves guild and dark brotherhood in particular seem appropriate since you're already an outcast. Edit: it appears that finding a magical hood is necessary for this. Would disguises from SkyRe work as well?

Is anyone able to provide the raw stats and bonuses for the race? Also, how customizable is it?

The only NPCs that haven't attacked me on sight are, M'aiq the Liar, the 3 guys partying on the side of the road that give you ale, the Redguard guys harassing the Redguard woman, The Courier, the Old Orc waiting for a good death and the Khajiit caravans. Also the Giants and Mammoths leave you alone. Everyone else has attacked as soon as I come into view.

I haven't tried becoming a werewolf yet but probably will soon. I haven't tried any quests or guilds but I highly doubt any of them would be friendly. Maybe with the hood but I haven't found it yet.

Base stats are Archery +30, One handed +10, Sneak +10, magicka 300, stamina 300 and health 150 (because of your size I believe) The base height scale is 0.8

It looks like it might be based off the Bretons so it's as customizable as they are. The body type and textures are embedded in the .bsa file so you'll need to add a /wildling/female/ folder to your meshes/actor/character/ and textures/actor/character/ folders with your preferred body mesh and texture if you want to change them.

Hope this helps.

Here are some pics of my Wildling.

FDq7Il9.jpgaPv1ril.jpg1tyOLIu.jpg

I finally decided to try a real run with this race, and I'm also going full-monty with realism mods to try and make it an authentic experience... she not only has to avoid humanity, but truly needs to fight to survive in the harsh wilderness, with no nice, warm inns to hide within! ^_^

Thought I'd post some pics... I made a few adjustments to my Wildling that I thought turned out pretty well.

post-246140-0-94154500-1420005852_thumb.jpg post-246140-0-75120700-1420005859_thumb.jpg post-246140-0-21198300-1420005866_thumb.jpg

Ehehe that's true, but it doesn't help *that* much! ^_^

My reasoning (other than wanting to make my char a cute kitty!) for the appearance change was that it gave more reason for why everyone would attack her on sight. The standard Wildling doesn't really look that much different from a small human. This character obviously doesn't look like anything else in Skyrim, so it makes more sense in my head that she would be considered a monster.

It makes me wish I had any ability at modding though, so I could make the ears and tail actual parts of her body, instead of just clothing.... clothing that can get removed and stolen.

Ehehe that's true, but it doesn't help *that* much! ^_^

My reasoning (other than wanting to make my char a cute kitty!) for the appearance change was that it gave more reason for why everyone would attack her on sight. The standard Wildling doesn't really look that much different from a small human. This character obviously doesn't look like anything else in Skyrim, so it makes more sense in my head that she would be considered a monster.

It makes me wish I had any ability at modding though, so I could make the ears and tail actual parts of her body, instead of just clothing.... clothing that can get removed and stolen.

Have you ever tried to play with one of the Raht custom races? they look exactly like this.

Hehe yep, I took Aiko's CBBE Re-texture of that race (found here) and applied it to this character, because I wanted the appearance of a catgirl, but with the benefits (and serious penalties!) of being a Wildling. ^_^

I think there's probably a way to edit the race to add ears and tail, but I wouldn't have the faintest clue how to make that happen.

I wanted to try you Mod- it looked interesting  and fits pretty well with the type of characters I like to play. I meet all the listed requirement, but when I made a character she didn't have a face and when I took off her tunic, I CTD. I think I read in a post that you based the body off of CBBE, but it's not a listed requirement. I run UNPB. Tried UNP and at least she had a face this time, but still CTD when taking off the tunic.

Sorry if I missed something on this, already.

Any suggestions or ideas? I'm rather anxious to try this Mod.

Thanks,

J

I wanted to try you Mod- it looked interesting  and fits pretty well with the type of characters I like to play. I meet all the listed requirement, but when I made a character she didn't have a face and when I took off her tunic, I CTD. I think I read in a post that you based the body off of CBBE, but it's not a listed requirement. I run UNPB. Tried UNP and at least she had a face this time, but still CTD when taking off the tunic.

Thanks,

J

1) Go to Skyrim/Data/meshes/actors/character then create a folder "Wildling" with the subfolder "Female".

2) Then go to Date/meshes/actors/character/character assets and copy everything female related.

3) Paste the copied files into the new Wildlings/Female folder you created

4) Go to Skyrim/Data/textures/actors/character and create a new Folder "Wildling" with the subfolder "Female"

5) then go to Data/textures/actors/character/female and copy everything

6) Paste copied files into the new folder Wildlings/Female you created

I use different body type and skin textures too and that fixed the problem for me. With this your game will use your installed textures and body type for the wildlings and not the ones that are included in the mod.

I followed your instructions with mixed results- none of them good, I'm afraid. Same problem, as is. I checked to make sure everything was as you stated and spelled correctly.

I use the UNP Replacer package, and tried removing that. Still no face, but I didn't CTD. Body looked off though, with clipping and the breasts were out of alignment. Took the UNPB body out completely with the same result. Not sure what the problem is at this point- something I have installed that it is defaulting to instead of the core files. 

Thanks,

J

1) Go to Skyrim/Data/meshes/actors/character then create a folder "Wildling" with the subfolder "Female".

2) Then go to Date/meshes/actors/character/character assets and copy everything female related.

4) Go to Skyrim/Data/textures/actors/character and create a new Folder "Wildling" with the subfolder "Female"

I use different body type and skin textures too and that fixed the problem for me. With this your game will use your installed textures and body type for the wildlings and not the ones that are included in the mod.

Thx a lot! That worked for me ^^

Thanks,

J

Thx a lot! That worked for me ^^

Glad my post is useful