Wildlings ~ An alternative Skyrim Experience

View File

The premise of this race is quite simple: to see and experience Skyrim from an entirely different perspective.

As not only the hunter, but oftentimes the "hunted".

As a Wildling, you will find that civilization has turned it's back on you.

And the only way to interact with it, is through the use of a magical

hood to disguise you. And it can only be obtained by taking it from the corpse of

some poor soul unlucky enough to be wearing it when they crossed

your path.

Be warned..... they will not part with it easily, and you will be

at quite the disadvantage. Brawn will get you nowhere. So

stealth and cunning will be the keys to your success. Which is essential

since so much is at stake. For without this hood:

~ Never will you be Dragonborn

~ Never shall you perform special tasks for the denizens of Skyrim

~ Never will the cities or towns welcome you

Those you meet in your travels will want only to kill you.

Only a handful will be indifferent to you.

Only the wild creatures of Skyrim will tolerate your presence.

And even some of them will want your bones to gnaw on.

For a more detailed description and information of what you're getting into:

There you will find a list of required and

highly recommended mods (available

here on LL and Nexus) which will provide

the most immersive experience possible.

Trykz

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    12/07/2014
  • Category
  • Requires
  • Special Edition Compatible

is it normal that none of the dirts or warpaints work for this race? did i miss something obvious?

[edit] i don't know if this is what fixed that for me, but i ended up switching out your body for my normal cbbe based stuff, and then they were there. i dunno.

my only complaint is that she runs so slow. for some reason, its like her sprinting is no faster than her running.

post-501843-0-30629400-1418276860_thumb.jpg

is it normal that none of the dirts or warpaints work for this race? did i miss something obvious?

[edit] i don't know if this is what fixed that for me, but i ended up switching out your body for my normal cbbe based stuff, and then they were there. i dunno.

my only complaint is that she runs so slow. for some reason, its like her sprinting is no faster than her running.

attachicon.gif2014-12-10_00002.jpg

It's her small scale that makes it appear as if she's slow. Try this:

open the console, target your character and type this:

modav speedmult 25.00

hit enter and close the console. You may have to enter and exit sneak mode to put the change into effect, but that should put things very close to what you're used to with normal scale characters.

Trykz

Okay, so I've had a bit of fun with this so far. (I'll post a screenshot later, it is past 4 a.m.)  I have learned three very important things and have two questions. 

I've learned that the two ghosts when you try to escape the cell will kill you quickly, and seem to be bugged with SD+.  I've also learned that it is a very bad idea to get drunk (thanks RnD!) by mistake and then stand on a log to look at a waterfall. The ground stopped my fall, and it didn't quite kill me, but it still hurt really bad.  Also, I've learned that Moonlight Tales (and likely Better Vampires) are not mods to have active with this. Silver Hand showing up out of nowhere is a fantastic way to ruin a nights sleep.

Questions: Since this seems to be CBBE based; Trykz, which version of fur armor are you using in your screenshots and which piercings are those?  I normally play using UNP or a variant, so I'm not familiar with what is out for CBBE. While I want to use armor to a degree, based on the story you've provided the race it seems likely that they won't be the type to wander around in steel or elven or glass or daedric. Thanks! 

I like this so far, and I'm interesting in playing it further.

Okay, so I've had a bit of fun with this so far. (I'll post a screenshot later, it is past 4 a.m.)  I have learned three very important things and have two questions. 

I've learned that the two ghosts when you try to escape the cell will kill you quickly, and seem to be bugged with SD+.  I've also learned that it is a very bad idea to get drunk (thanks RnD!) by mistake and then stand on a log to look at a waterfall. The ground stopped my fall, and it didn't quite kill me, but it still hurt really bad.  Also, I've learned that Moonlight Tales (and likely Better Vampires) are not mods to have active with this. Silver Hand showing up out of nowhere is a fantastic way to ruin a nights sleep.

Questions: Since this seems to be CBBE based; Trykz, which version of fur armor are you using in your screenshots and which piercings are those?  I normally play using UNP or a variant, so I'm not familiar with what is out for CBBE. While I want to use armor to a degree, based on the story you've provided the race it seems likely that they won't be the type to wander around in steel or elven or glass or daedric. Thanks! 

The armor is a modified version of the CT77 Fur02 armor. I'll attach it to the bottom of the first post after work tonight. The piercings are a merged HDT piercing set I got somewhere here on LL.

For now, I'm off to work  :-/

Trykz

Really like what you have done and it really has potential for the future.

Converted the harness etc for sevenbase and all works great.

Animal ai seem to have trouble at times since i'm concidered friendly they never want to attack back.

Not sure if it's a conflict with some other mod so just asking straight out if others have noticed the same.

Looking forward to what future plans you have with this.

And what mods to compliment this do you all think one should download?

The armor is a modified version of the CT77 Fur02 armor. I'll attach it to the bottom of the first post after work tonight. The piercings are a merged HDT piercing set I got somewhere here on LL.

For now, I'm off to work  :-/

Trykz

Thanks very much! Advantages of being a programmer is that I get to work from home, which is also the disadvantage of being a programmer.  :D

Really like what you have done and it really has potential for the future.

Converted the harness etc for sevenbase and all works great.

Animal ai seem to have trouble at times since i'm concidered friendly they never want to attack back.

Not sure if it's a conflict with some other mod so just asking straight out if others have noticed the same.

Looking forward to what future plans you have with this.

And what mods to compliment this do you all think one should download?

Check out this for the mod list.  The Auto PV mod no longer exists on the nexus, but it might be out on a Chinese or Japanese site (I didn't check the Google result).

That actually sounds like a good group of mods for playing this with. I tried loading the PerMa thief addon but the patcher crapped out on me, likely due to the SexLab mods that it went into fits over.  

Edit:

Okay, this is odd. I loaded up a different profile in MO (I use local saves for both), and now I need to run FNIS, which I didn't before as this profile didn't have any animation mods loaded. Also, even after updating my FNIS Creatures, creatures that would be friendly to a Wildling don't have animations. I didn't even have Wildling enabled. 

Tried a new character, same thing. Switched from local saves to general saves, same thing. Removed Wildlings from MO, same thing. Removed the entire Wildlings profile (yes, I made a backup), same thing. 

I'm not really sure what the heck is going on, but Wolves, Dogs, Saber Cats, Giants and Bears just stand around in their default poses. I've checked the scripts on my new saves and on the old saves from the profile, there are no Wildling scripts present.  I don't see how, but could this be an ini file thing?  I'll check my SKSE folder, might be something there.

Edit 2:

Okay, nothing there. Could FNIS be leaving something in the game data? Some kind of setting change maybe? I'm going to re-enable the Wildling content and see what happens.

Edit 3:

With Wildlings profile active creatures work fine. Fascinatingly odd.  

So after more testing I am fairly sure it isn't Wildlings that is causing this.  I've tried enabling Wildlings with other profiles and had the same problem. SexLab Aroused Creatures? Travelers of Skyrim?  Those are the only other two mods that make sense for this kind of oddity.  Killible children, Devious Devices 2.8.3 update, Simple Actions, Customizible Camera, and the Apachii hair files I installed don't sound right. And I've started using both Locational Damage and Proper Aiming and those don't sound right.  

I've learned several more things playing with Wildlings. More Bandit Camps might not be the best choice to install, there is a camp, quite literally, across the river from the main Wildling camp; the bandits will run across the log with the bedroll to kill you. Also, SD+ or Submit/Defeat, one or the other, not both.  Also, activating Immersive Patrols might not be the best plan. 5 Dawnguard vs. little level 2 me = enslaved and all gear taken. I got away, but the loss of all my arrows, and food, and armor, and water, and everything else...  I think my assessment was correct, this needs to be used with either SkyRe or PerMa, the ability to place bear traps would make life much less punishing, particularly when bandit spawns have been doubled (my doing with Skyrim More Spawns).  I was raiding Swindler's Den for food and firewood, and that is definitely a first.

Did you get the PerMa patcher to work in MO? This Link as per recomendation on PerMa's main page works for me since the patcher ran out of memory otherwise.

Running 200+ mods can do that.

I just went for a longbow build with my wildling and picked off the bandits camps from far away.

The large stamina pool has been handy more then once running away and to hide from a angry mob.

Been great fun playing like this.

Thanks Trykz

Yes, I got it working with MO, just for whatever reason it gave me an error while building part of the patch, but the java error had no text. I'm thinking that was behind whatever this other problem is, because I've noticed that it affects Skeletons and Draugr as well. FNIS, which I first thought was behind it, doesn't seem to fix the problem. I might have to try creating a new game with a near vanilla save. Just Skyrim and LAL and see what happens. 

Questions: Since this seems to be CBBE based; Trykz, which version of fur armor are you using in your screenshots and which piercings are those?

Sorry for the delay, but I wasn't really up to digging this out after work. But here you go:

BanditFur02.7z

It includes the armor and the shoeless boots  :)

Trykz

Well been playing with my Wildling alot past few days and really enjoy being hunted by everyone.

Have had to run away alot of times and with alot of emmersive mods running i can really enjoy it.

A picture of my character Aila with her trusted companion Whitefang.

UKDtS4.jpg

Looking forward to whats next