The good movies thread

Myst42

• 4 weeks later...

Notice how the crazy started about "50 Shades of Grey"

I just saw something they say is way better:

Most thoughts online say it's funny, sexy, with more believable and lovable characters and it's basically, the original thing

I started believing 50 Shades must be a ripoff

The main character is named Grey too

It's also about two people who in the end find liberation in S&M instead of finding creepy, twisted and dark to fuck their lives up. Happy ending

I didn't read or saw 50 Shades but from what little I know I think this one's more believable and I agree with the good critics on the movie itself.

Plus it won a ton of awards

It's a freaky movie though... good, sexy and funny, but freaky XD

Oh, please. 50 shades of trash isn't about BDSM, it's about passing sexual abuse and sickness of mind as a fetish. Don't even bother.

I sadly don't have any really unknown film to advice. I barely know my classics. Just wanted to loathe a bit in my hate of that film.

Bai.

• 1 month later...

Once Upon a Time in Shanghai

What at first looks like a transparent Bruce Lee homage (down to the haircut!) transforms into... well, not much else. The characters are relatively one-note but well-written in that note. What makes this movie "good" is the bleak, beautiful "color" palette, wonderfully entertaining fight scenes, and moments of surprising emotion from both the characters and you the viewer as events unfold.

Not a must-see, but well above background noise kung fu fodder, easily worth your time.

Guest Comrade DR. MAHUJ DIK

What about trash movies do the count? they are so bad that  become a good random shit comedy. In case they count:

sharkado

sharknado 2

sharktopus

mega python vs gatoroid

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived