SEQ files - question

chajapa

If this isn't the appropriate place to be asking these questions, please just gimme a slap and point me in the right direction. :)

New to writing mods.

Finally got my compiling issues sorted so moving on to other things and I have a question about SEQ files.

My mods at this stage are pretty simple. Just dialogue with an end result of running specific animations. But I've come across the SEQ file and found where I can generate an SEQ in TES5Edit. So I kinda know what they ARE and I kinda know how to MAKE them, but I haven't done it yet. 

The quest I'm practicing on was given to me to get me started and had an SEQ file with it. If I add dialogue, am I supposed to generate a new SEQ file each time I add/delete/edit dialogue?

This quest actually has no stages. None. It's just dialogue and I see it has a box ticked that says "Start Enabled" (or something close to that.... you know which one I mean, I'm sure)

Now my understanding thus far is that I need the SEQ file BECAUSE that Start Enabled box is ticked.

Is there a different way to have this be available to the character upon exiting Helgen (in other words, right from the time they finish the escaping helgen quest)?

Or is this use of the SEQ file just fine? 

As I said... I'm kinda new to this part, so ... I appreciate your patience :)

As far as I know, you shouldn't have to generate a new SEQ file each time, you just need one to make sure that the quest dialog shows up. But this should have gone into Skyrim General Discussion: http://www.loverslab.com/forum/23-skyrim-general-discussion/unless it's for a specific Skyrim Sexlab Quest, then it should go into Skyrim SexLab Framework: http://www.loverslab.com/forum/49-sexlab-framework/

Archived