• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2019 at 11:40 AM, AnotherSimmer said:

Does anyone get the bar shown at the bottom, above the pink one (shown in the fourth picture of the mod page)?

I can't get it to go away.

That big bar above the pink one is from Defeat. 

It gets stuck sometimes.

I think Defeat has a debug option to clear it when it does.

1 hour ago, Obamaisded said:

My game just ctd before I load it up, my mo2 just unlocks after enabling this mod. IS there a fix? Thanks in advance

Sorry.. I am not using MO so I can't be of much help here. 

Maybe someone else will comment.

I just released a new version with these changes:

About the new Mage Apprentice quest - please consider it in alpha stage. Only one chapter is available right now and I haven't been able to fully test it yet.

That said, I am hoping it is still functional.

Also note that the apprentice quests are now disabled by default. The same goes for the new magicka system (very experimental at this stage).

Any feedback about it is more than welcome.

RELEASE NOTES for milestone SLD 2019-05-02

Enhancements:

Bugs:

hello i have a little problem with the blacksmith quest. i'm at the point where i need to go to the lunar forge and get a weapon for eorlund grey mane. well i was at the forge, have the weapon moon iron mace but got no new dialogue with eorlund. what can i do now?

edit:

forget what i said. i made an update of this mod just now and everything is working now. i have the dialogue and can play.

On 5/2/2019 at 10:53 PM, DeepBlueFrog said:

I just released a new version with these changes:

About the new Mage Apprentice quest - please consider it in alpha stage. Only one chapter is available right now and I haven't been able to fully test it yet.

That said, I am hoping it is still functional.

Also note that the apprentice quests are now disabled by default. The same goes for the new magicka system (very experimental at this stage).

Any feedback about it is more than welcome.

RELEASE NOTES for milestone SLD 2019-05-02

Enhancements:

Bugs:

Started the mage apprentice quest and it's working so far, but I'm at the very basics.

Nice to see the plans of becoming a priest apprentice! But I guess nothing was implemented yet but the MCM menu option?

39 minutes ago, Highborn said:

Started the mage apprentice quest and it's working so far, but I'm at the very basics.

Nice to see the plans of becoming a priest apprentice! But I guess nothing was implemented yet but the MCM menu option?

Yes. Nothing yet other than the menu but I have the structure of the quest already planned.

4 hours ago, Kingslayer101 said:

I went to the court wizard in Windhelm for learning to become an apprentice but he keeps giving me the same convo as other mages do.

Edit: Had to go to Farengar and now stuck at Delivering potions to Danica.

When you went to Windhelm, the court wizard should have told you to go to see Farengar instead.

I will have to test those dialogues.

What do you mean by stuck for Danica's potions?

Looking forward to mage/priest quests great idea , should be noted though once the you select the new magic mechanic  option (forget what its called) you are stuck with the debuff mechanic etc even after turning off the option .

1 hour ago, chubjub said:

Looking forward to mage/priest quests great idea , should be noted though once the you select the new magic mechanic  option (forget what its called) you are stuck with the debuff mechanic etc even after turning off the option .

It is not a debuff.. the value of Magicka is dynamically calculated and forced into the  actor value.

If you turn it off, you will have to use the console command to set it back to the value you want.

What I could do is set it to a default value based on the original value and your level of that can help.

3 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

When you went to Windhelm, the court wizard should have told you to go to see Farengar instead.

I talked with Wylandriah in Rifen and she sent me to Farengar, as intended.

By the way, when we meet Farengar in the main quest, to retrieve the Dragonstone, will he still talk with me like we never met before?

4 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

I craft the potions but when I got to Danica there isnt a convo option to deliver it.

1 hour ago, Highborn said:

I talked with Wylandriah in Rifen and she sent me to Farengar, as intended.

By the way, when we meet Farengar in the main quest, to retrieve the Dragonstone, will he still talk with me like we never met before?

Probably. That's a problem with weaving vanilla quests with my own.

I do plan to have my own quest trigger for the dragon stone one start though. I will see if I can minimize that issue.

I already had to address why he is taking an apprentice when he already has vanilla dialogues sending you to the College if you want to learn magic (that's why you need a speechcraft test to convince him).

1 hour ago, Kingslayer101 said:

I craft the potions but when I got to Danica there isnt a convo option to deliver it.

You have to craft the potions with the two stacks of ingredients Farengar gives you (ground wheat and powdered mushrooms). 

I had issues with mods revamping healing potions so I had to make my own ingredients and potion for the occasion.

I just realized I have to add an option to recreate these ingredients if the player eats or sells them .

19 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

It is not a debuff.. the value of Magicka is dynamically calculated and forced into the  actor value.

If you turn it off, you will have to use the console command to set it back to the value you want.

What I could do is set it to a default value based on the original value and your level of that can help.

Thank you for the reply I'm fine with the mechanic I just thought i mention it in case someone activated it on a ongoing save etc. 

Thank you for the great mods you share and constantly update.

When I talked with Farengar about enchanting a dagger to Adrianne, I receive an enchanted ring, Farengar's dagger and a soul gem. I assume I should destroy the ring in order to learn the enchantment (fortify one-handed), but I can't apply it to the dagger, as the game says I can't apply it to that item. Applying another enchantment, like absorbing health worked though. When I gave it to Adrianne she thanks me but the quest disappears from the journal and there was no "objective completed" popping up. There are no options like telling to Farengar that the job was done when I returned, but the other tasks like making potions are still available. Not sure if this is all intended as it's still in alpha stage.

56 minutes ago, Highborn said:

When I talked with Farengar about enchanting a dagger to Adrianne, I receive an enchanted ring, Farengar's dagger and a soul gem. I assume I should destroy the ring in order to learn the enchantment (fortify one-handed), but I can't apply it to the dagger, as the game says I can't apply it to that item. Applying another enchantment, like absorbing health worked though. When I gave it to Adrianne she thanks me but the quest disappears from the journal and there was no "objective completed" popping up. There are no options like telling to Farengar that the job was done when I returned, but the other tasks like making potions are still available. Not sure if this is all intended as it's still in alpha stage.

Strange... I could swear the enchantment worked on the dagger here... I will keep an eye on that for my next tests.

I already have a note about adding a quest objective to confirm completing of that stage. Thanks.

2 hours ago, NicoleDragoness said:

Fortify One-Hand is not an enchantment you can apply on a weapon in the vanilla game unless you have a special mod for it. It is only applied on armor pieces.

I made a note to replace the enchanted ring by an enchanted blade, with better instructions to destroy it in order to learn the enchantment.

4 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

In addition to my post on SD+, I thought I'd also just mention almost all NPC's offer the blacksmith quest now, including a random dog I came across.

Pretty sure that's unintentional right? I mean dogs lack opposable thumbs, how could they even hold the hammer?

7 hours ago, deadmetal said:

In addition to my post on SD+, I thought I'd also just mention almost all NPC's offer the blacksmith quest now, including a random dog I came across.

Pretty sure that's unintentional right? I mean dogs lack opposable thumbs, how could they even hold the hammer?

Thanks.

These are indeed bugs.

I will try to fast track them for the next update.

Edit: I believe I have updated both issues on my end. I will publish the changes to GitHub tonight if anyone wants to test.

I won't be able to test it for a few days due to a business trip.

5 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

Thanks.

These are indeed bugs.

I will try to fast track them for the next update.

Edit: I believe I have updated both issues on my end. I will publish the changes to GitHub tonight if anyone wants to test.

I won't be able to test it for a few days due to a business trip.

good show, I'll test it tomorrow