i am using ZAZ 8.0 Plus now, and as far as i can tell it is working (it was with the last beta release just before the 3.1 release).

i do NOT have SD+ installed though, so cannot say it works for everything.

i will edit this post after testing the release version (when i start a new game again).

• 4 weeks later...

To  Deep Blue Frog, Re:Blacksmith sub quest

I'll try to keep this short, I've found a problem in the Blacksmith Quest(s) related to quests given by the Blacksmith Master(s) the problem is related to advancing the quest given by the master in this case quest given by the blacksmith in the Reach she sends you out to a dwemer ruin to look for a specific item and return it to her only thing is that you can't select this quest in your journal so when i went there there was no item at said forge.

Second quest glitch Eorland sends you to the lunar forge to learn about it  and return a weapon that is made from the forge again the problem is you can't select the quest and there isn't any type of update to let you know you've actually done it correctly. Eorlands dialouge options don't update either.

I'm having an issue with the blacksmith quest.  I'm supposed to become blood kin of the orcs, but I'm already an orc.  I've tried speaking with everyone in the orc village, as well as the smith in markarth, but I'm not sure what I need to do to proceed with the quest.

On 3/6/2018 at 9:28 PM, dcitrigno said:

To  Deep Blue Frog, Re:Blacksmith sub quest

I'll try to keep this short, I've found a problem in the Blacksmith Quest(s) related to quests given by the Blacksmith Master(s) the problem is related to advancing the quest given by the master in this case quest given by the blacksmith in the Reach she sends you out to a dwemer ruin to look for a specific item and return it to her only thing is that you can't select this quest in your journal so when i went there there was no item at said forge.

Second quest glitch Eorland sends you to the lunar forge to learn about it  and return a weapon that is made from the forge again the problem is you can't select the quest and there isn't any type of update to let you know you've actually done it correctly. Eorlands dialouge options don't update either.

The gloves should be on a table next to the main, round forge in the room with falmer tents and flame traps.

For the lunar items, I ran into with this too. There should be a unique item (an axe I think) in the main room inside the ruin (with a closed door and a bandit guarding outside). You should be able to use that item to progress the quest.

On 3/7/2018 at 8:49 PM, saionji11 said:

I'm having an issue with the blacksmith quest.  I'm supposed to become blood kin of the orcs, but I'm already an orc.  I've tried speaking with everyone in the orc village, as well as the smith in markarth, but I'm not sure what I need to do to proceed with the quest.

Not sure why the smith doesn't recognize you as an orc kin. 

Which quest stages have 1 when you try this command in the console?

sqs _SLD_QST_BlacksmithCraft

Sometimes the orc quest to become blood kin has issues. Check this link for tips on what can happen and how to fix it.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:The_Forgemaster's_Fingers

21 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

For the lunar items, I ran into with this too. There should be a unique item (an axe I think) in the main room inside the ruin (with a closed door and a bandit guarding outside). You should be able to use that item to progress the quest.

Nope. I had all 3 items from the lunar forge (mace, axe and sword) in my inventory but still there was no way to progress in that quest. Any console magic to move on?

On 3/9/2018 at 6:23 AM, DeepBlueFrog said:

Not sure why the smith doesn't recognize you as an orc kin. 

Which quest stages have 1 when you try this command in the console?

sqs _SLD_QST_BlacksmithCraft

Sometimes the orc quest to become blood kin has issues. Check this link for tips on what can happen and how to fix it.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:The_Forgemaster's_Fingers

I ended up brute forcing it through the console to get to the next stage, so unfortunately I'm not sure exactly what stage it was at.  I just know that I got the specific quest, went to the orc village, was admitted, and then had no way to continue.  I've occasionally run into a few times that quest triggers haven't registered correctly (not just with this quest either) so that may have been the reason.  Thank you for your reply in any case!

@DeepBlueFrog, Update to the problems i'm having with the blacksmith subquest, I tried again with your suggestions, still no go, come to think that this is a Scripting Error.

Reason for this conclution, is that Black Smith in Riften ask me to talk to Moll, about her sword and since her missing sword quest is a Radiant Quest (aka built into the game ) and it wasn't firing correctly, I looked up the problem about it turns out to forward the quest and incentally the Blacksmith one. I had to go to ruins and get the sword and sheild bring them back then talk to her and then the script triggered.

aside from the scripting problems your mod works well and I will endorse.

P.S. I may at some point run your mod against a completely vanilla game and see if that takes care of it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

SkyrimLL

I got this quest from Sexlab Dialogues, called Blacksmith Craft, didn't even know it was from this mod at first. I got it from Eorlund Grey-Mane in whiterun. He sent me to Alvor in Riverwood, and I got to stage 120 which asks me to pray at the Warrior Stone. Problem is, when I go to the guardian stones and click on Warrior, nothing happens, quest doesn't get updated. I only found out that was the quest stage using sqo I think it was, or sqt. I'm trying to find out what the quest id is, but can't seem to find it, so that way I can just do a setstage to clear that part if the quest is bugged. Can you help me out please SkyrimLL, am I doing something wrong at the Warrior Stone, or can you tell me what the quest ID is so I can just do a setstage <quest id> 120 and that should work, and hopefully it wont get bugged anymore if it is.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2018 at 9:28 PM, dcitrigno said:

Same issue.  One of the problems may be that Silent Moons drops random lunar weapons at the lunar forge.  Can be from either the iron or steel set too.  For instance, I got (2) iron lunar maces, (1) iron lunar war axe, and (1) steel lunar war axe.  And no sword, either type, this time.  All Eorlund will tell me is;  "a master practices...", and then shows me my smithing summary since starting the quest.

No dialogue like the others; "I have the xxxx lunar YYYY you asked for, master".

{Attempted the following:

1. tried consoling in a full set of both iron and steel lunar (there are 3 strains of each, btw.  Look identical, but have unique IDs).  No loves. 

2. tried crafting lunar weapons under the full moon (@midnight).  Nope, takes twin full moons to open the smithing recipes (bugged, i hear). 

3. enchanted unique lunar weapons by breaking down one of the iron maces (only after Eorlund had already rejected them).  Nope, rejected.

4. after everything failed, tried refining all lunar weapons @lunar forge (@midnight), under a full moon.  Rejected.  

5. did the Sanguine Dance and let him have his way with me.  No loves for Sanguine's plaything.  REJECTED! (fun at least, 1-4 just sucked, the bad way)}

Follow up:  will try going back with a complete set of each, one after the other, picking from one of the unique strains in game for each lunar weapon type (using AddMenuItem2, so sets will be identified by the order returned from doing a "lunar" search with AMI2).  Set 1, 2, 3, etc. Then, iron first(1a), steel(1b) next.  Will update if finding a successful solution (with set# + metal type).  Loading Skyrim now...  {set# will be the positional reference, as returned by AddMenuItem2.  A/B will designate metal type, in alphabetical order}

UPDATE(success): tried each of the sets(1-3) in order, by metal type, and none triggered the quest to complete.  HOWEVER, on a hunch, I equipped a steel lunar sword(MH) and a steel lunar war axe(OH) from Set #1b, and BOOM!  Quest updated to the next step... {the "trick" is equipping a steel lunar weapon in our main hand, before talking to Eorlund to progress the quest --- pretty sure of it (universal quantifiers rock).  Just thank the divines the Frog didn't make us craft under the twin full moons, lol (existential quantifiers tend to blow, given their "needle in a haystack" reputation).  That's what I was dreading most, given USLEEP may, or may not, fix the bugged lunar forge (seen reports stating both; "does v. doesn't", and illogical problems(bugs) are the worst of all)}

Now having issues with the lunar forge follow-up quest; "15 bones" completion.  Quest summary and current stage settings in spoiler...

Spoiler

Where Eorlund gives us a helm and shield and asks us to practice until we can make the whole dragonplate set.  Gave the 15 bones.  Eorlund gave the helm+shield, and tells us what to do next.  BUT, the quest does not update, as the Blacksmith Crafting quest summary still lists, "bring Eorlund 15 bones and he will...".  Tried both wearing the new gear, and just having it in inventory.  Quest stages are set at:

Stage 20, 55 = 0                              | does this indicate an earlier issue with the quest?  ref: My toon is Redguard(f)

Stage 220,230 = 0                           | same as above

Stage 440, 450, 460, 900 = 0            | assuming those are the wind-up and completion for the master level/quest in general

All other stages are set to 1               | including stage 435, which I assume is either the lunar forge quest; or, "give 15 bones" part 

Should I;  "SetStage QID to 440"?  Already forged a complete set of Dragonplate armor, shield, and weapons (sword, dagger + bow).  Current Smithing level: 93.  All Ordinator material perks taken except Daedric (requires Smithing level 100 to select).

Best solution for the hung quest?  {hate using the console on quests, as it removes much of the mystery from them}

{note: for the most part, this has been a fun, long/detailed, and greatly beneficial quest for developing my smithing skill, without resorting to "stupid pet tricks" (have no problem "pulling a train for bad guys" in game with no remorse (if they rape my toon, they must die; unless involved in any 'popcorn entertainment' provided by LL mods), but using "stupid pet tricks" really makes me feel so damned dirty (Skyrim legendary system hijinx in particular, pffft). 

Really want a successful outcome for this...well done, btw.  Plan on doing it in the future for all my new toons, sure to pop up any day now, as I finish off the current one.  SL Dialogues' new home will be in my core mod cluster from now on, meaning it's active in all profiles (currently have 10 active profiles, with more on the drawing board).  That's how strong and beneficial the Blacksmith Crafting quest is, IMO.

note:  I NEVER actually finish toons, as with the Skyrim Community Uncapper, the right "make ALL mobs our level or higher, forever" mods, and tons of random event mods, the road never truly ends for any of my digital "folks".  Still play most of them (choosing from several flavors), especially when I'm looking for 'white knucklin', epic battles against really long odds, stacked up right close to the redline of what my rig can process successfully.  It's actually harder backing it down from the redline (target: perf demand < (.80 * total capacity), than cranking it up to max).  QED: Skyrim modders have definitely put the 'holy' in "Holy crap!  Did you see that?" - from a long time MMO player (retired), one with an extremely low tolerance for cheesy or cheaply cobbled together content}

• 2 weeks later...

Blanket cross-post in a few of my forum threads.

I have been busy offline with travel and work for the past couple of months and because of that, I haven't been on top of answering all of my messages.

If you have posted about an issue and never got an answer from me, please bump that issue again and I will reply. Nothing personal - I am not ignoring anyone. Just being busy.

5 hours ago, divaneam said:

Hello,

Sorry for being a little pushing, but since last version is already three months ago, mind if i ask how far are we from the next update with player as master?

I am not planning on making a lot of changes to the Player as Master side of Dialogues anytime soon I am afraid. 

My focus at the moment, when I can get it, is on fixing up SD+ and Parasites.

I do have some plans for that side of Dialogues but it will not be for a while.

7 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

Blanket cross-post in a few of my forum threads.

I have been busy offline with travel and work for the past couple of months and because of that, I haven't been on top of answering all of my messages.

If you have posted about an issue and never got an answer from me, please bump that issue again and I will reply. Nothing personal - I am not ignoring anyone. Just being busy.

Anyone have issues where your head won't get shaved?  Every time a master says i don't like the way you look, it just takes me to racemenu even though i have the option set in dialogues.  

26 minutes ago, mrtauntaun said:

Anyone have issues where your head won't get shaved?  Every time a master says i don't like the way you look, it just takes me to racemenu even though i have the option set in dialogues.  

Are you using YPS Fashion and Hormones?

That will be fixed with the next version of Hormones. There was a bug with a mod event from YPS fashion that was renamed.

If you are not using YPS fashion, you still need Hormones to handle the hair loss automatically unfortunately.

The racemenu is a fall back solution if you don't have Hormones installed so you can do it manually.

Even with Hormones, you can get racemenu sometimes so you can pick other changes your master may want to do to you - face marks, make up, dirt for example.

57 minutes ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

I am not planning on making a lot of changes to the Player as Master side of Dialogues anytime soon I am afraid. 

My focus at the moment, when I can get it, is on fixing up SD+ and Parasites.

I do have some plans for that side of Dialogues but it will not be for a while.

Thanks for the reply, i'm a little desperate to get some player as master mod, since not much ppl make them

20 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

Are you using YPS Fashion and Hormones?

That will be fixed with the next version of Hormones. There was a bug with a mod event from YPS fashion that was renamed.

If you are not using YPS fashion, you still need Hormones to handle the hair loss automatically unfortunately.

The racemenu is a fall back solution if you don't have Hormones installed so you can do it manually.

Even with Hormones, you can get racemenu sometimes so you can pick other changes your master may want to do to you - face marks, make up, dirt for example.

Ok, thanks.  I'll add in hormones.  Is the YPS patchable/fixable or should I just uninstall it for now?

21 hours ago, mrtauntaun said:

GOOD TO HERE ,  Taking time for life  give time to refresh yourself , I myself have a life an lov to cool down playing SKYRIM . Also I.am enjoying the new content that you have added to both SD+ and SLDIALOG  for example my toon master was kill while taking a walk with her master thinking she was free only to be transfer to a new MASTER WHO KILL HER ORIGINAL MASTER WTF !!! didn,t see that coming LOL

2 hours ago, mrtauntaun said:

Ok, thanks.  I'll add in hormones.  Is the YPS patchable/fixable or should I just uninstall it for now?

No need to uninstall YPS.

What I meant to say is that I am using Hormones as a bridge between my mods and YPS fashion. You need both for the full effect.

The next version of Hormones will be fixed to work with the latest version of YPS.