[WIP] Wildlings ~ An alternative experience

Trykz

I must say that this is pretty interesting! Just started a character with this and it's a lot of fun! The only thing that I think should be addressed are the essential NPCs. With this mod on, you don't really care for quest NPCs and I'd kinda want to be able to kill them (in case you're sneaking in their house at night to rob them or something and you'd be unable to kill them). Any chance that you could remove essential/ghost flags from NPCs as well? The old mod that did this is broken after all the official updates. :[

Either way, thanks for creating and uploading! :)

Interesting thing. I went to the Dragon bridge wilding camp and found a fire mage using the alchemy station there. he wasnt hostile to the wildling. Also due to the race size alignment in non beast sex scenes are off so you have to use the resize to align properly option (sadly this increases the wildling to adult size during those scenes).

Was hilliarous with Sanguines debauchery + with above dragon bridge, went to check to see if the npcs were hostile there and one npc was as I crossed the bridge but didnt see him, got to other side and its a guard with a bow aimed at me and he headshots me for instant kill/enslave (damage was that high). While enslaved no one wants to kill you (thankfully).

Having a lot of fun so far, started off enslaved with that ImmerSlave mod, things worked great, as soon as I  managed to escape, got enslaved again by some dudes from an Imperial patrol. Found out that without the need to go to riverwood and try to start the main quest asap like I usually do with Alternate Start, I could really get into the whole Frostfall/Hunterborn/RnD roleplay. Reminded me of my old fun in DayZ...

Spent some time camping in the woods before eventually running out of arrows, couldn't hunt anymore and food was running out, so I tried raiding Rorikstead to steal some cabbages at night, but a kid saw me (those little shits should be asleep dammit). Of course that woke up the whole village somehow so I had to run. Managed to hide, but a guard went full retard and is staying around my camp, he's too strong for me atm, I don't know how I'll sleep when I play again, finding a fur tent was really tough. 

Finally getting interested in Skyrim again  :D

If you still receive suggestions for your mod ; I'd love specific quests for Wildlings. Not super advanced ones, just pretty simple stuff, like, you're running around Skyrim and you find a damaged tree. Activating it starts a quest where you hunt down the thing who clawed that tree : it's a super huge bear in a cave, and he has some useful loot like lots of pelts, meat, there are dead adventurers around who have some basic weapons... See what I mean ? Quests that can start without needing to talk to someone, nothing like saving the world or finding an ancient artifact, just pure survival and winning your place in the wild. 

I was also thinking, with how stealth is handled in this game, sneaking into towns and stealing everything you want becomes really easy, and pretty fast too. How about placing some dogs around each house, and organizing some hunts when you manage to steal something in a town ? Like the villagers are pissed off, their dogs smell your scent and half of the townspeople track you down in the woods ? How hard would it be, technically speaking ? 

Having a lot of fun so far, started off enslaved with that ImmerSlave mod, things worked great, as soon as I  managed to escape, got enslaved again by some dudes from an Imperial patrol. Found out that without the need to go to riverwood and try to start the main quest asap like I usually do with Alternate Start, I could really get into the whole Frostfall/Hunterborn/RnD roleplay. Reminded me of my old fun in DayZ...

Spent some time camping in the woods before eventually running out of arrows, couldn't hunt anymore and food was running out, so I tried raiding Rorikstead to steal some cabbages at night, but a kid saw me (those little shits should be asleep dammit). Of course that woke up the whole village somehow so I had to run. Managed to hide, but a guard went full retard and is staying around my camp, he's too strong for me atm, I don't know how I'll sleep when I play again, finding a fur tent was really tough. 

Finally getting interested in Skyrim again  :D

If you still receive suggestions for your mod ; I'd love specific quests for Wildlings. Not super advanced ones, just pretty simple stuff, like, you're running around Skyrim and you find a damaged tree. Activating it starts a quest where you hunt down the thing who clawed that tree : it's a super huge bear in a cave, and he has some useful loot like lots of pelts, meat, there are dead adventurers around who have some basic weapons... See what I mean ? Quests that can start without needing to talk to someone, nothing like saving the world or finding an ancient artifact, just pure survival and winning your place in the wild. 

I was also thinking, with how stealth is handled in this game, sneaking into towns and stealing everything you want becomes really easy, and pretty fast too. How about placing some dogs around each house, and organizing some hunts when you manage to steal something in a town ? Like the villagers are pissed off, their dogs smell your scent and half of the townspeople track you down in the woods ? How hard would it be, technically speaking ? 

I'm glad you're having fun with it.

My papyrus skills aren't the greatest, but I'm slowly getting the gist of it. It took me a full day just to figure out the extremely simple disguise script that's attached to the hood  :dodgy:

But I'm not giving up on it that easily. These are prime examples of the types of content I want to add. Simple stuff. But some will involve the hunters and their various camps, and some will be focused toward the wandering vigilants. The trickiest part, is confining it to Wildling characters. Which can only be achieved by adding conditions to everything the mod utilizes for it's content. Which is why the base mod was released in ESM format. If I can't set conditions on some of the stuff I want to create for it, and it interferes with vanilla/other races, then any interfering module can simply be deactivated in the Data folder without the need to remove the entire mod.

The cave bear scenario in your example, could still be utilized by anyone, because it makes sense either way. The only difference being, any other race (except my Spriggans race ofc  ;) ) would need to kill the bear to get to the loot. Kudos for a great idea!

Work is ramping up a bit, so I essentially do all my thinking/planning during the week. But I'll be delving deeper into this over the weekend.

Trykz

edit: for the arrows issue, check your recipes at the anvil in the main Wildling camp. The arrows you will find there are much higher damage than vanilla, to somewhat balance stealth encounters on higher difficulty settings. You will still need to find a place to smelt iron ore for the required ingots to make them. The only clue I'll give you is this:

There is one camp that has an outdoor smelter in the entire vanilla game. And the bandits there won't simply let you stroll in to use it  :P

Yep, I'm using MO so that's not a problem for me, I actually made a "wildling" profile on it, but I can understand how that could be an issue for people who don't use it. Having an easy to enable/disable esm would indeed be a perfect option ! 

And I'm happy to know you're working on more content (and not "just" the race !). I've tried out most of your race mods, and I believe this one is the most original and has the most potential, you've got something going on here which could be pretty huge ! 

If you need more suggestions and ideas, just ask, even though you already seem to have plans so it may be better to do one thing at a time  :D

And holy shit, I never thought smelting some Iron ore would be so hardcore, SD+ playing and stuff I spent like, one hour enslaved. The layout of "that" camp makes escape almost impossible too, but I just discovered that I could craft stone and bone arrows with some mod I've downloaded, don't even know which mod does that ... So if you'll excuse me, I'm going to shoot all my extremely ineffective arrows at that ice mage's knee on top of the stairs, and see if he's still into that slavery hobby after that  :@

how would one use a different body with this? like sevenbase for instance

Copy your body files from:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\textures\actors\character\character assets

To:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\meshes\actors\character\Wildling\Female

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\textures\actors\character\Wildling\Female

Seems like any mod that does anything with creatures is broken with this race. Havent been able to get any of them to work =(

Did you not understand the premise of this mod? Or bother to read ANY of the posts in either this or the linked thread?

As a Wildling, you have no friends outside of nature herself......

Wolves

Spriggans

Atronachs (all varieties)

Trolls

Werewolves

and countless other creatures are who you call friends.

Born in the wild and raised by nature, many creatures

befriended her. Others are indifferent to her. But a few of

nature's creatures have yet to understand her.

Before you label something as "broken", make sure you understand how it works first. Or try using Beastess as many here (including myself) have recommended.

Trykz

Seems like any mod that does anything with creatures is broken with this race. Havent been able to get any of them to work =(

Did you not understand the premise of this mod? Or bother to read ANY of the posts in either this or the linked thread?

As a Wildling, you have no friends outside of nature herself......

Wolves

Spriggans

Atronachs (all varieties)

Trolls

Werewolves

and countless other creatures are who you call friends.

Born in the wild and raised by nature, many creatures

befriended her. Others are indifferent to her. But a few of

nature's creatures have yet to understand her.

Before you label something as "broken", make sure you understand how it works first. Or try using Beastess as many here (including myself) have recommended.

Trykz

Not really sure why your being aggresive to my comment.  I understand the intention. The creatures of the wild ignore you and treat you as an ally. I love that aspect and I think the idea works perfectly with this races theme. 

My point is that the creatures dont acknowledge your existance from a game side of things.  You can attack the wolves and deer, etc. and they just let you attack them till they die, without running away or fighting back. I beileve this also causes other animal mods from functioning correctly.

If the intention is that they do not react to the player even when being killed by them, then so be it, and my apologies.

Question, You saw BFA Beast Addon is recommended, what mod is that? Cant seem to find it. Google takes me to "Tame the Beasts of Skyrim 2"

Not really sure why your being aggresive to my comment.  I understand the intention. The creatures of the wild ignore you and treat you as an ally. I love that aspect and I think the idea works perfectly with this races theme. 

My point is that the creatures dont acknowledge your existance from a game side of things.  You can attack the wolves and deer, etc. and they just let you attack them till they die, without running away or fighting back. I beileve this also causes other animal mods from functioning correctly.

If the intention is that they do not react to the player even when being killed by them, then so be it, and my apologies.

Question, You saw BFA Beast Addon is recommended, what mod is that? Cant seem to find it. Google takes me to "Tame the Beasts of Skyrim 2"

BF Addon is an addon for Beeing Female.

If you understood the intention of the mod, then why would you label it as "mod breaking"?

The intention of the mods you're referring to is that the affected creatures rape your character as a consequence of combat. Which is why Beastess is a recommended accompanying mod to mine. My mod places you directly into those creatures factions. It also ONLY affects Wildling characters, by utilizing a conditioned magic effect.

Think of it this way:

SexLab doesn't allow you to rape children. In similar regard, my mod doesn't allow your "friends" to rape you. Even through other mods. But do you often attack those considered to be your friends? Making them react against aggression would require far too many invasive adjustments to their AI and faction components through heavy scripting. Most creatures are generated "on the fly" by the game engine as you play. Pulling them from leveled actor lists suitable to your character's level. This is why you often return to a previously visited location to find that a sabrecat or bear now resides where a wolf was standing the last time you were there many levels ago. Meaning I would also need to make changes to those lists.

Skyrim's engine is fragile enough. So I don't want my mod affecting that much of the game. The solution was to simply make them indifferent to the race through factions. Any other race you play will not be affected, and creatures will react to aggression as they normally would.

Trykz

Great mod, having loads of fun with it, harassing camps, having to stay away from roads, and sneaking to steal food because i need it (realistic needs mod). Thank you, Trykz!

But i have a small request: can you post your bodyslide preset xml file? If you already did, sorry, but i cant find it.

Great mod, having loads of fun with it, harassing camps, having to stay away from roads, and sneaking to steal food because i need it (realistic needs mod). Thank you, Trykz!

But i have a small request: can you post your bodyslide preset xml file? If you already did, sorry, but i cant find it.

You know, I meant to add it to the package and completely forgot  ;)

Thanks for the heads up.....

Wildling Female Body.7z

Just drop it into your Data folder if that's where you have your BodySlide installed.

Trykz

The obvious question: how will the Forsworn react to a Wildling? Friend / foe / ally?

That's not a try to push your effort towards "Forsworn as joinable faction" - I just wonder.

player.addtofaction 00043599 1 , i believe thats the console command that makes forsworn friendly .  

Archived