Devious Devices Gone Need Help

I tried to give a companion with the AFT mod the bondage items from Captured Dreams through the shop's dialogue option but it didn't respond. So I tried to give the items through the trade dialogue which it then says that I also need to give the companion a chastity (which I did). However when I went back to Captured Dreams to rebuy; all of the bound slaves were missing. I tried a previous save put the they are still missing and the other npcs that I bonded are no longer bonded even with the items in their inventory. I then tried reupdating FNIS, uninstalling captured dreams through mcm, rechecking the load order, and reinstalling all devious devices files; but nothing worked. 

I haven't experimented too much but there may be issues with AFT inventory and mods that try to access your followers' worn items, especially if you are using outfit management.

NPCs that are not managed by AFT can reset worn items on a regular basis (when loading into another cell for example).

The slaves in the shop have scheduled behaviour. Are you sure they hadn't just relocated to the basement?

I have clicked on generate gender specific animations when i updated FNIS at some point; could that be the problem?

Read the FNIS description page which describes when to use gender. If you don't need it just turn it off and generate again.

FNIS just handles animation it's not going to interfere with anything else.

AFT should have no effect on the slaves in the shop unless you set them to be controlled by it, if you did then it may be interfering with their AI. On occasion they do stay in the basement, I think they have an issue with the door at times as the AI pathfinding sucks at getting npc's through doors if there are several trying to use it.

Changing the outfit of npc's on the fly is difficult to do so it may cause issues from time to time (naked npc's being one of them). You can use the devices with npc's but you need to take control of the npc's outfit, adding the items to the outfit should ensure they stay in place.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived