Is there anyone working on outfits with HDT skirts?

Mud

So people have been working with HDT for a while, and we've got things from loincloths to boobies to hair and more, but apart from the HDT Test Skirts a Japanese modder made months ago that sadly only fit well on UNP bodies, there seems to be a complete lack of skirts. I've been wanting very badly to have a cute skirt flipping and flapping about for whenever my next Skyrim file happens, and to that end I've been researching the work that goes into making HDT-rigged equipment, but since it's pretty technical stuff and I started from basically zero, it's gonna be a while yet before I can spit out anything that could be called useable. But in the meantime, I wanted to know if anyone else had outfits with physics-enabled skirts in the works? I'm basically torn between really wanting to play a new file but also really wanting outfits with skirts first!

I have tried to make some but with no success. It looks like the japanese modder has added some collision data to the pelvis and thighs bones to control the clipping but I don't know how to setup and export this in 3DS.

I have tried adding a ragdoll bone chain to the pelvis in the center and to thighs on the sides but I get a lot of distortions.

I continue to experiment....

I've got about 6 or 7 that I've done - some doa and soulcalibur rips - however, I installed the 2.14 groovtama skeleton the other day and now they're all borked - gonna have to rollback.  it's very easy to do yourself btw (if you don't mind keeping an older skeleton around , just use the NPR china dress as a base to copy the weights from and then point your nif to the xml that came with it.

Easy for one with experience in using 3DSMax, maybe, when I said I'm starting from zero I mean I don't even know all the controls for the program yet, heh heh... There's a pretty steep wall for me to climb to get anything useable. Thanks for the tip, though.

[snip]

I've been wanting very badly to have a cute skirt flipping and flapping about for whenever my next Skyrim file happens

[snip]

While not technically 'skirts,' these are feminine-looking and work well for me- they move very realistically, especially in combination with HDT Hair and Hoop earrings: Draconic Bloodline Armor and Empire Coat, which really looks and acts more like a black dress with silver chains.

I'm also using these skirts, but the white one, sadly, has some sort of weird gray, blotchy texture showing at my waist area, so I can't use it. The Tartan skirt though, based on the Amiella (Schoolgirl) outfits, looks great with white panties, black garters & stockings and red heels. It's a little light-weighted, so it tends to float a bit too much, but as soon as I figure out what parts of the xml to edit, I will play around with trying to fix that.

You might want to keep an eye on this page, which seems to be more or less frequently updated as more and more HDT-enabled stuff becomes available.

Archived