View File

SexLab Aroused Monitor Widget

Note: if you'd like to translate this mod to your language, you can download the "For_translators.7z" file which contains all the languages files that are not translated yet. Please let me know before you start this so I can make sure nobody else starts working on the same language.

SexLab Aroused Monitor Widget (or SLAM for short) is a HUD widget that shows the arousal of your character and the 7 nearest NPCs. The widget displays the names of the NPCs and indicates their arousal (as governed by SexLab Aroused [Redux]) through either the numeric value, or a signal color, or both. The widget position, style and behaviour are highly configureable through a MCM option menu. A German language translation is included.

My motivation to create this widget was that I got tired of checking my followers' arousal with the N key (I have several mods that cause them to do bad things when not kept 'satisfied' :dodgy: ). When using the N key, the report comes back through the notification window at the left top of the screen, which is terribly slow and unreliable. If you're someone who uses the N key frequently and doesn't mind a small addition to their HUD, you're going to love this mod.

SLAM Widget offers the following features:

• Options to only show females, males, humanoids, or creatures.
  • Adjustable scanner range and refresh rate.
  • Possibility to store settings in Local and Global profiles. Local profiles are specific to the savegame, while Global profiles are shared between all your characters.
  • Option to force SLA to immediately assign an arousal value to certain types of NPCs when first encountered.
  • Hotkey toggle support with auto-hide function.
  • Docking to Left/Center/Right and Top/Center/Bottom of the screen with automatic text justification.
  • Adjustable margin to the docking edge.
  • Adjustable Font size and line spacing.
  • Colors for all different arousal states can be configured.
  • Turn display of the numeric arousal values on/off.
  • Turn the usage of colors to indicate the arousal state on/off.
  • Descriptive hover-tips for all MCM configuration options.
  • Test mode that displays a full list of (fake) NPC names and arousal values for easy configuration of style and color options.
  • Option to disable the SLAM Widget when you don't need it to save on papyrus script time.
  • Jetzt mit deutscher Übersetzung!

Requirements:

Upgrade instructions v1.3 or higher to v1.5.1:

1. Install the new version, choose to overwrite the old files.
  2. All done, no need to reset anything!

Upgrade instructions v1.2 or lower to v1.5.1:

1. Install the new version, choose to overwrite the old files.
  2. Load your game and go to the SLA Monitor Widget configuration menu.
  3. Choose 'Reset widget to default' on the Miscellaneous page and confirm.
  4. Take a minute to reconfigure your old settings, and configure the new features.
  5. Exit menu and save your game.
  6. All done, go be a perv!

Installation instructions:

1. Install the requirements first.
  2. Drop the 2 files ('SLA Monitor Widget.esp' and 'SLA Monitor Widget.bsa') from the archive into your Skyrim Data folder or use a mod manager to do it for you.
  3. Activate the .esp in your load order.
  4. When you start Skyrim for the first time after installing this mod it will take 15 seconds or so for the widget to initialize. It may also take several minutes for the MCM configuration menu to appear. This is inherent to SkyUI/MCM, use your personal favourite placebo method to speed this up.

Uninstallation instructions:

1. (Optional) Go to the 'Profiles' page and delete all your Global profiles, unless you want to keep them so they are still available when you re-install SLA Monitor Widget.
  2. Select the 'Uninstall' option on the 'Miscellaneous' tab of the MCM menu, confirm your action. This will stop all SLAM Widget related quests and delete all Local profiles which might save some clutter in your savegames.
  3. Close the MCM menu and wait a few seconds to allow the scripts to finish their cleanup.
  4. Save your game.
  5. Remove 'SLA Monitor Widget.esp' from your load order (delete the file or use your favourite load order manager). If uninstalling manually, don't forget to delete the 'SLA Monitor Widget.bsa' file too.
  6. Start Skyrim and load your savegame, SLAM Widget is now uninstalled. Note that it may take several minutes for the SLA Monitor Widget MCM page to disappear.
  7. Optionally use your favourite save game cleaner to clean old scripts from your game. There are 5 scripts to SLA Monitor Widget, all starting with 'slam_', after uninstalling you can safely remove these from your savegame.

Honors:

• Without SexLab and SexLab Aroused Redux / SexLab Aroused, this mod would obviously not exists, so a lot of credit to them. Of course, you already knew that or you wouldn't be here!
  • The SkyUI framework is an amazing piece of work. Most of the great mods you use probably wouldn't have been possible without it (or wouldn't have been as great).
  • The SkyUI Widget framework is awesome, but entirely undocumented. I have downloaded and scoured through pretty much every widget mod I could find that included its source code to figure out how it works. There really are too many to mention them all here, so I thank the modding community at large. The one that I should mention is Mofakin's Widget Mod as it was the mod that originally gave me the idea that something like this would be possible at all.
  • Many thanks to CGi for providing the German translation and doing the tedious work of preparing the MCM script to properly use translation files!

Permissions:

• Please keep this mod LoversLab exclusive, that means no uploading to any other sites.
  • You are free to use parts of the scripts & CK objects from this mod in your own projects, credits would be nice.
  • You are NOT permitted to create variations on this mod that are essentially copies with some minor changes or additions, unless you get prior consent from me.
  • If at any time I decide to stop actively modding Skyrim, I will make this (and any other mods I have created) free for all to do with as they please. Until that time please respect the above restrictions.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    11/25/2014
  • Category
  • Requires
    SexLab Aroused [Redux], SkyUI
  • Special Edition Compatible

This is a very good idea. but i will wait for the hotkey Version.

there is one Thing i dont like about arousal :  the Limit is fixed, Default 20. so you know for sure, if someone has 20+, it will work.

there should be some % from 10-30 or higher. lets say, 20 is 80%, 30 is 90%, 19 is 60%, 18 is 40%, 15 is 20%, 10 is 10% you know what i mean ? probably a Feature for aroused itself.

there is one Thing i dont like about arousal :  the Limit is fixed, Default 20. so you know for sure, if someone has 20+, it will work.

there should be some % from 10-30 or higher. lets say, 20 is 80%, 30 is 90%, 19 is 60%, 18 is 40%, 15 is 20%, 10 is 10% you know what i mean ? probably a Feature for aroused itself.

I'm not entirely sure that I understand what you mean. SexLab Aroused [Redux] arousal values range from 0 to 100 and there is a variety of effects related to these arousal levels. This quote is from the SexLab Aroused thread. Note that there is a typo, the 'Distracted' state goes from 50-69 arousal, not 40-69:

Lover's Desire

Satisfied - Arousal 0-20 : skills improve 5% faster

Arousal 20-49 does nothing

Distracted - Arousal : 40-69 skills improve 5% slower

Aroused - Arousal : 70-89 skills improve 10% slower

Need Sex - Arousal : 90+ skills improve 20% slower

Losing Control - Arousal 90+ and Time Rate 70-89 : skills improve 40% slower

Addicted - Arousal 90+ and Time rate 90+ : skills improve 80% slower

Besides these effects from SexLab Aroused itself, there is a variety of other mods that tie consequences to the arousal of the PC or NPCs.

It is a great Mod and Idea. Thank you for your initiation.

I have a small additional question. Have you ever thought about including monitor of "SexLab Aroused Creatures" too ?

I am not familiar with SexLab Aroused Creatures, however if it follows SLA conventions by adding the creatures to the sla_Aroused faction, and setting the faction rank of the creatures to their arousal level, then it should work straight out of the box. SLA Monitor Widget does not filter on breed or race, as long as the arousal of the creature is tracked through the sla_Aroused faction, it should display on the HUD.

are you going to make it working with  i hud? so i can toggle it with the "x" key?

Probably not as I tend to avoid anything that uses the word 'immersive' (sorry, I'm a veteran gamer, to me the Skyrim modder's concept of immersion translates to "how to make the UI even worse than Bethesda did" :P ). However if you can point me towards the modders resources for this mod I can have a look, all I can find is the mod page on nexus which at first glance includes no modding information of any kind.

Thx for this mod. I hope for a hotkey as well though ;)

This seems to be the #1 request, so I'll move it to the top of the list. Give it a week or so though, I want to wait a bit to get more feedback and see if anyone encounters any bugs or problems, or has any brilliant ideas for additional features before I release a new version.

This looks like a nice mod.

Is there a way to configure how many NPCs are monitored?  I looked at the screen shots and didn't see one.  I don't know if reducing the number would affect the script load or not, but I can't imagine why I would need to know the arousal of as many as 7 nearby NPCs.  Maybe there's a mod that I'm not using where that would help, but for me anything other than my PC, follower, and maybe one or two NPCs is just clutter.

This looks like a nice mod.

Is there a way to configure how many NPCs are monitored?  I looked at the screen shots and didn't see one.  I don't know if reducing the number would affect the script load or not, but I can't imagine why I would need to know the arousal of as many as 7 nearby NPCs.  Maybe there's a mod that I'm not using where that would help, but for me anything other than my PC, follower, and maybe one or two NPCs is just clutter.

Yes there is....

Any prostitution mod. With this widget you know who to talk to.

(Wich is a kind of a 'cheat'...but anyway)

Very nice widget !

I can be wrong, but I think a refresh rate of 30 seconds is rather long if you're moving around. The frequency of the arousal refresh (the mod) has nothing to do with who's around you and how fast that changes. By that I mean that within those 30 seconds you can for example move from one side of Whiterun to the other side of Whiterun, getting all other npc's around you but still seeing the arousal of those up to 30 seconds ago.

That brings me to my suggestion.

If possible I would like to see two refresh rates. One that ticks while standing still, and one that ticks while running. It would give us the opportunity to set the refresh rate while running faster, so that we get faster updates as we move past different npc's. While standing still it doesn't have to trigger that often.  

Scanning for nearby NPCs is done without any papyrus (through a method involving a specially crafted quest that is used by virtually every mod that needs to find nearby NPCs). In most mods using this method you'll commonly see at least 10, often up to 20-50 actor references in this quest, I've already kept it intentionally low at 7, so reducing it further wouldn't be much use from a performance point of view. Also, scanning multiple NPCs is kind of the point of this mod. If you only need to know your own arousal and that of 1 or 2 followers, you are probably better of just targeting them and hitting the N key to let SLA do the reporting through a notification text.

If there is more demand for this, I will consider putting in an option to configure how many entries are displayed, simply to reduce screen clutter.

I can be wrong, but I think a refresh rate of 30 seconds is rather long if you're moving around. The frequency of the arousal refresh (the mod) has nothing to do with who's around you and how fast that changes. By that I mean that within those 30 seconds you can for example move from one side of Whiterun to the other side of Whiterun, getting all other npc's around you but still seeing the arousal of those up to 30 seconds ago.

That brings me to my suggestion.

If possible I would like to see two refresh rates. One that ticks while standing still, and one that ticks while running. It would give us the opportunity to set the refresh rate while running faster, so that we get faster updates as we move past different npc's. While standing still it doesn't have to trigger that often.  

I would suggest you simply try running it with a permanent interval of 5 or 3 seconds or so. It will depend on your hardware of course, but personally I have no noticeable slowdown even when I set the timer at minimum while testing, and that's with close to 200 mods in my load order. :s

Note that the timer is not exactly a refresh rate, but rather the time between updates. There is a 1 second delay built in to let the references of the scanner quest fill, plus some papyrus time to send the updates to the widget, so the quickest actual refresh rate you can possibly get (with the timer set at 1 second) is between 2 and 3 seconds.

This is some thing that i have waited for.

And for animals, it seems to work on them to, at least on Viljas dog Leifur.

Thanks for the mod.

Now you can check your followers. It is not fun when they start to have fun in one cave and there are several of bandits or so.

Thanks for the support :)  It's exactly the reason why I created it, I was playing around with a slave follower mod and they kept raping me when their arousal got too high. Of course they always do it just when you're knee-deep in draugr guts :lol:

are you going to make it working with  i hud? so i can toggle it with the "x" key?

Probably not as I tend to avoid anything that uses the word 'immersive' (sorry, I'm a veteran gamer, to me the Skyrim modder's concept of immersion translates to "how to make the UI even worse than Bethesda did" :P ). However if you can point me towards the modders resources for this mod I can have a look, all I can find is the mod page on nexus which at first glance includes no modding information of any kind.

Kind of agree here.  About the most immersive way I could think of handling monitoring NPC arousal would be have NPCs have a subtle aura/glow around them that follows your color coding scheme (i.e. no need for a HUD or widget) and that would a) completely defeat the purpose of a non-invasive widget AND (likely) B) have some weird graphical conflicts that I can't even begin to fathom.

Is there a way to configure how many NPCs are monitored? I looked at the screen shots and didn't see one. I don't know if reducing the number would affect the script load or not, but I can't imagine why I would need to know the arousal of as many as 7 nearby NPCs. Maybe there's a mod that I'm not using where that would help, but for me anything other than my PC, follower, and maybe one or two NPCs is just clutter.

Scanning for nearby NPCs is done without any papyrus (through a method involving a specially crafted quest that is used by virtually every mod that needs to find nearby NPCs). In most mods using this method you'll commonly see at least 10, often up to 20-50 actor references in this quest, I've already kept it intentionally low at 7, so reducing it further wouldn't be much use from a performance point of view. Also, scanning multiple NPCs is kind of the point of this mod. If you only need to know your own arousal and that of 1 or 2 followers, you are probably better of just targeting them and hitting the N key to let SLA do the reporting through a notification text.

If there is more demand for this, I will consider putting in an option to configure how many entries are displayed, simply to reduce screen clutter.

Thanks for responding. Good to hear that there's no additional overhead.

After using it for a while I would like to see the following:

a) The widget should update after a load door or fast travel.

B) a hotkey that triggers the script manually. The widget appears for a few seconds and vanishes again.

Thx again.

Another vote for this ^.

I am curious, can this mod be easily expanded to get NPC to display relevant sexy idle animations?  There was a mod that attempted to integrate sexy idle depending on arousal state but was abandoned.  This will be far more "immersive" than reading HUD displays.  With animators active again in LL maybe some can be convinced to expand the number of solo animations such that neither hotkey nor HUD display would be needed to check NPC arousal.

Thanks

By popular demand I have uploaded version 1.1 with Hotkey support:

What's New in Version 1.1

Added hotkey support with 2 toggle modes: simple Show/Hide toggle, or a Show toggle with automatic auto-hide.

Upgrade instructions v1.0 to v1.1:

1.     Install the new version, choose to overwrite the old files.
  2.     Load your game and go to the SLA Monitor Widget configuration menu.
  3.     Choose 'Reset widget to default' on the Miscellaneous page and confirm.
  4.     Take a minute to reconfigure your old settings, and configure the new features.
  5.     Exit menu and save your game.
  6.     All done, go be a perv!

I am curious, can this mod be easily expanded to get NPC to display relevant sexy idle animations?  There was a mod that attempted to integrate sexy idle depending on arousal state but was abandoned.  This will be far more "immersive" than reading HUD displays.  With animators active again in LL maybe some can be convinced to expand the number of solo animations such that neither hotkey nor HUD display would be needed to check NPC arousal.

I'm afraid that's rather outside the scope of this project and more something for an entirely different mod. I'm sure it could be done, but you'll have to poke another modder for that one as I have my hands full with a variety of other projects at the moment.

This has got to be one of the most useful widgets ever!!!!

Thank you :)

You're welcome, enjoy!

And Lo, on this day, Skyrim got one step closer to 3D interactive Corruption Of Champions.

Awesome widget BeamerMiasma.

The agents of Alduin will stop at nothing to distract the Dovahkiin! :P  Thanks!