SexoutNG for Fallout3: It's Here

vpig

Watch out for conflicts with the intact houses in Springvale, as Fallout 3 Interiors adds interiors to some

of them, and it's a pretty popular mod. The manhole cover in the center of Springvale is used by A World

of Pain. There are a lot of office buildings around the Super Duper Mart area; one is used by A World of Pain

but the rest are utterly vacant. I could find out which one is used by AWOP if you want.

Or you could just have 3 or 4 unkillable leather-clad dominatrixes who make the rounds with their brahmins,

and arm them with giant dildo-bats, aphrodisiac dart guns and impregnation rifles.

That would be springvale. There are lots of mods there that might cause conflicts that won't be realized until much later.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Springvale

Or could be Megaton however megaton is a separate cell and pretty tight without much room to put the store in and fit the history correctly.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Megaton

You can place your subterianian transport (train.. lol) right in the back of the store.

Like in FNV, I'll just be adding some sort of underground access rather than using an existing structure. Megaton is a bit of a no-go considering it can go boom. With a Store actually physically in the FO3 worldspace there will be no travel to the FNV Store; the only reason there was going to be a teleporter was so people would be able to access the Store while in DC. They won't need to access the FNV store if there's an FO3 one.

Zipppy then perhaps the location I mentioned before

However I would think the best place would be at the Highway overhang just north .. northeast of the Springvale School. There you find a few raiders on the overhang/highway. It is on the pathway for one of the subsequent minor mission(blood ties) . The one where you are sent to Arefu the overhanging town where you can then meat.. :D. the cannibals.

You would only need to clean some rubble and place a door there. No major construction and there are other locations like this elsewhere in FO3  as utility tunnels etc so it wouldn't seem out of place.

A TTW version of the Sexout store that used a fallout 3 SCR would mean using two separate common resources in one load order.

If a TTW version of a store in DC is made, it should use the FNV SCR.

As for the Location, I think you should use a car boot as a door, with a ladder on the other end, placed on the petrol station in Springvale .

(mad max style entrance) This way the store is available straight away in the game. Don't even need to have weapons to kill anything before you get to it.

A TTW version of the Sexout store that used a fallout 3 SCR would mean using two separate common resources in one load order.

Nope. If both plugins are named SexoutCommonResources.esm (they are) and both plugins have the referenced records under the same IDs (they do) then as far as the Store is concerned the SCR plugins are interchangable.

Nice work, you've got my blessing, and any assistance I can provide, time permitting of course. If you wonder how things were done in SexoutNG as you mentioned a few posts back, you can always go looking in gitlab. I keep all the scripts in sexout there as text files (.scn) and you can view differences between versions. Much easier than comparing the ESMs themselves trying to figure things out.

For example, this link will show you some differences in the positioning offsets I made a few months ago.

Note that there seem to be some 'issues' with getting diffs and such from gitlab -- so a better option is to download and install SmartGit, copy the repo locally to your computer, and use it's history/log features to go digging.

--------

All that aside, I do have to wonder, what's the motivation for such a large undertaking? TTW works pretty well for bringing all the FO3 content into FONV, and allowing FONV mods (like sexout) to "work with" FO3. FONV is pretty cheap these days with all the DLC. Ultimate Edition is on sale right now for 24h more for $5. The normal edition is on sale for $2.50. All the DLC is on sale as well.

Even when not on sale, FONV (not 'ultimate') + DLC is only $10 + $15 ($5 per DLC).

I'm not asking entirely out of curiosity, it's also about selfishness. If you have the time and skill for this project, you could probably contribute to the mainline SexoutNG for FONV instead, I could (always) use a hand. ;)

Nope. If both plugins are named SexoutCommonResources.esm (they are) and both plugins have the referenced records under the same IDs (they do) then as far as the Store is concerned the SCR plugins are interchangable.

You're saying then that you wouldn't have to use the FO3 SCR at all, as long as it is made matching the FNV one exactly?

TTW uses the FNV engine and folder structure, so a TTW user would have no access to the FO3 data/SCR at all. The FO3 data folder has no effect. Which is why I stated the doubler SCR, since if it used records not in the FNV one, then it'd have to be converted and put into the FNV folder. This would cause bigger problems, as the name would then have to be changed, altering every record within.

Hopefully I'm worrying for nothing.

If for instance I kept my FNV scr, and for whatever reason needed to convert and install the FO3 scr also, I'd need to change the name, so there'd be two right, so every unique form within that FO3 scr would be a separate record and therefore a different formid, not an override of the FNV one. This is what I meant, not the editor ID...

I guess it doesn't matter though, the difference in records between FO3 plugins and FNV plugins aren't picked up by scripts are they? (The added fields regarding DT and something else, near the bottom of the record in FNVedit)

Any way, you say it'll work so it's all good.

Thanks, Prideslayer. It means a lot to have your seal of approval. Thanks for the heads up on gitlab. I'll check into it.

Why add more? Thinking about it realistically, there probably won't be much of a need for new functionality, if we stay with this build. A pregnancy mod would be a good addition, and that leads to Common Resources and the Store. Maybe a slavery mod, though I like to use FNNCQ.  Not much else, maybe refining the existing mods or "scenario" type mods.

If it ever became possible to run the latest version of Sexout in FO3, I really believe that would draw in modders who really aren't interested in NV. I don't know to what extent that is possible, but the net result could be an enrichening of the community.

The two games are so similar- it seems that it should be possible to "patch" FO3 to be able to run the latest version of Sexout. What would have to be done to make that a reality? Anybody?

blue1820- Yes, AP runs under Sexout with some tweeks. I changed the "working girls" anims with sexout ones but kept the AP style interaction for 1st person. Just to see how it could be done. Kept the AP anims for 1st person. Also running the other mods. There were some issues, but I really need to go back and rediscover how I did it- it's been a while. Too busy right now, but I'll try to sort things out soon.

If it ever became possible to run the latest version of Sexout in FO3, I really believe that would draw in modders who really aren't interested in NV. I don't know to what extent that is possible, but the net result could be an enrichening of the community.

There are sexout type stories just waiting to be told .. there might be some that don't want to go through the effort to set up TTW or have or desire to have all the dlc from both games. Sure they are cheap. Finally there are some that might like to run a FO3 game. If given the option I would like to have FO3 set up nicely as well. I can still have my TTW for FNV if I want as well on the side. (of course that means I have to set up the FNV first needing a clean FO3 to created TTW...)

For example those interested in breeder might be interested in creating a story with the Yaio caves on the east side of the map or the deathclaws on the north side. There are several possibilities for Supermutant encounters. One being the German Police station north of Big town. The other being Vault 86...There is an whole story not touched with the Mothership Zeta.. as well ;) imagine the mutations and situations that can give.. lol. Even User29 bookmarked my suggestion as he liked the idea but didn't have the time or skill to pull it off the way he wanted in FNV.

Instead of tryouts you have Dave's Republic (low population mostly related. Needs to improve that... ;)) The whole thing about the Enclave needing new solders. (you were from a vault after-all :D) Vault 106 with the crazy psychoactive drugs and insane survivors.. Lots of story possible there.

If someone worked and made the NPC in Point lookout functional.. Imagine the stories that can be created there. Remember the movie Deliverance? We's wan t' hir ya squeal... ;)

Yes all these can be done with TTW as well.

Very good ideas, ritual. Had forgotten about Point Lookout... :s  It would just require some nif work, which I might be up to.

Keyser, wish I could comment on the TTW matter. Don't know anything about it. (Is that a comment?)

Zippy, those files working for you? Any more ideas as to location?

No issues with the files so far, though I must admit I am still designing the interior and haven't actually gotten into scripting or placing the exterior yet. When I'm done with the interior I'll look at the areas already suggested as to location, but for right now I'm too busy dealing with FO3 apparently missing a good bit of the vault tileset when compared to FNV. :P

The two games are so similar- it seems that it should be possible to "patch" FO3 to be able to run the latest version of Sexout. What would have to be done to make that a reality? Anybody?

Since Sexout is now and will be more dependent on UDFs, string and array variables: a fose version that has those. From what I hear, it's not just copy-paste.

Lack of people who can be bothered to figure it out.

It's not like you need a resume to join the 'team' and there's no secrets. Anyone is free to figure out and offer improvements.

Done any programming? If not, you could learn, it's not as scary as it looks :).

Since Sexout is now and will be more dependent on UDFs, string and array variables: a fose version that has those. From what I hear, it's not just copy-paste.

Yeah, it's not. If anyone can make it happen, jaam can, but it's non-trivial. I think the biggest hurdle is still finding entry points and such in FO3 that haven't yet been found, but have been found in FONV. I had an idea months ago to unify the FOSE and NVSE codebase, and I still think it's a good idea, but it's a large and tedious undertaking.

OK, I found my older downloads of SCR. I also found an old locked Breeder thread and was able to download all of the core files here. It's an old obsolete version. There is a later version too, but I'm unsure whether it's nx or not. I'm going to look these files over and see how best to proceed.

ritual, if you want to, take a look. DrN, we may need someone to help do some testing. You interested?

As far as the nx variables, they are part of the c++ language, I think. Prideslayer created a .dll that brought those variables into the game. As far as FO3 goes, it could be a two step process- first would be to somehow inject NVSE into FO3. Second step would be to adapt the nx variables to FO3. If it's even possible. Or mabe NVSE is unnecessary. Isn't nx replacing some NVSE functions? If we had the nx functions, maybe it would be possible to adapt any remaining NVSE functions to use nx. So maybe it could be a single step, but it would require more reworking of the scripts. OK, / ignorant speculation mode.

Sorry for late reply, yes I am interested :)

Wow, these last several posts have been very enlightening. So it is possible, and the dlls are the key. Docta, I had to look up "UDF" and I learned a lot. Thanks.

I'd be up for giving it a try, except that I lack the knowledge. Pride, you mentioned a long and tedious process. Could you provide a very basic overview of what that process would entail?

In the meantime, the preg stuff and Common Resources are on my plate. I don't anticipate too many problems. Also have received ChancellorKremlin's blessing to add some of the dialogs from my SexoutSex port to the current NV version. So those are the things I'll be busy with in the short term.

DrN, I'll PM you when I have something to test. It'll be at least a week.

I'd be up for giving it a try, except that I lack the knowledge. Pride, you mentioned a long and tedious process. Could you provide a very basic overview of what that process would entail?

You mean when I was talking about unifying the codebase for NVSE, FOSE, and (probably) OBSE?

Well step one is learning C++. If you're a good developer in some other language(s) you can pick it up as you go, but even that (as you know, if you're a developer) is going to be really slow going. It took me weeks to get NX working at all, re-learning C++ as I went, and I know half a dozen languages or so.

The extenders are extremely complicated code. I still don't understand how you go about finding the missing entry points into the game engine for example -- that's the kind of thing I haven't done since the DOS days with SoftICE.

If you are a reasonably experienced developer then the basic situation is this: We have three different projects. OBSE, FOSE, NVSE. A fair amount of the code between them is the same, and much of the interface they expose to modders is identical. To unify them, it boils down to copypasting all the functions together, refactoring them to work in all the extenders where possible, and wrapping sections in IFDEFs where it's not.

All the entry point hooking code would have to be wrapped as well of course.