Weird Jagged Breast shape with HDT?

Ginge620

I am having the same issue. The breasts on my char literally "shrunk" after half a second out of the racemenu (I'm using ECE), with a slight ridge just above the nipples, as it appears in the OPs pics. 

I've tried hiding the skeleton_female.hkx file as it says to do so in the HDT PE wiki (https://code.google.com/p/hdt-pe/wiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions) but it doesn't do anything. I am using Mod Organizer.

I have tried uninstalling, re-installing, and re-installing again everything, including CBBE, ChronoTiggers remodeled armors, HDT PE, XPMSE, the whole nine yards. I am getting the same problem each time it seems. So the question is, what am I doing wrong? According to the data tab in MO, there aren't any conflicts... Almost ready to give up on HDT :(

EDIT: More fooling around, and some more re-installing later... And now my chars boobs don't have any vertical or horizontal movement, just lateral. When I jump to test the physics they smoosh into the body. The funny thing is, if I just choose a default preset without changing anything in the racemenu, everything is fine. After I go back into the racemenu to fine-tune my character everything gets messed up. I'm not sure how this could have anything to do with a bad skeleton or rig. Any help or tips would be appreciated! 

I am having the same issue. The breasts on my char literally "shrunk" after half a second out of the racemenu (I'm using ECE), with a slight ridge just above the nipples, as it appears in the OPs pics. 

I've tried hiding the skeleton_female.hkx file as it says to do so in the HDT PE wiki (https://code.google.com/p/hdt-pe/wiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions) but it doesn't do anything. I am using Mod Organizer.

I have tried uninstalling, re-installing, and re-installing again everything, including CBBE, ChronoTiggers remodeled armors, HDT PE, XPMSE, the whole nine yards. I am getting the same problem each time it seems. So the question is, what am I doing wrong? According to the data tab in MO, there aren't any conflicts... Almost ready to give up on HDT :(

EDIT: More fooling around, and some more re-installing later... And now my chars boobs don't have any vertical or horizontal movement, just lateral. When I jump to test the physics they smoosh into the body. The funny thing is, if I just choose a default preset without changing anything in the racemenu, everything is fine. After I go back into the racemenu to fine-tune my character everything gets messed up. I'm not sure how this could have anything to do with a bad skeleton or rig. Any help or tips would be appreciated! 

... Seriously why do people believe months old stuff, when I keep the modpage of XPMSE updated? That hiding only may help on some rare cases....

The hiding of the hkx doesn't help because:

1. you were using the default xpmse hkx that doesn't affect breast bones at all

2. you were using the bbp hkx and have no bbp animation used that may cause problems, which equals to 1.

3. your body is misweighted

4. you hdt xml is the cause

The only reason I took it seriously (and yet still wonder about its validity) was due to the fact that a very legit looking website (HDT wiki) said that hiding the hkx was a fix. Since it didn't work, I came here.

It seems that getting HDT to work properly is always hit-or-miss, and you can't count on the same configuration of mods working every time. Definitely a bummer.

I have no bbp animations, indeed I am not using a bbp body at all. I am using the CBBE HDT body. Also the HDT xml I am using is the stock one from the Nexus HDT PE mod page. I don't see how all these things could be wrong, and if they are there has to be TONS of people having the same issues, since thee are the main files used (or so I've been led to believe) for setting up HDT.

The only reason I took it seriously (and yet still wonder about its validity) was due to the fact that a very legit looking website (HDT wiki) said that hiding the hkx was a fix. Since it didn't work, I came here.

It seems that getting HDT to work properly is always hit-or-miss, and you can't count on the same configuration of mods working every time. Definitely a bummer.

I have no bbp animations, indeed I am not using a bbp body at all. I am using the CBBE HDT body. Also the HDT xml I am using is the stock one from the Nexus HDT PE mod page. I don't see how all these things could be wrong, and if they are there has to be TONS of people having the same issues, since thee are the main files used (or so I've been led to believe) for setting up HDT.

The stock one is old, really really old.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/27122-hdt-collisions-hair-physics-now-with-belly-support-updated-just-another-hdt-xml-file/

Either fix one of the old ones for 2.14 yourself if you want the less bouncy one or the bouncy 2.14 one.

They work 99% of the cases.

The stock one is old, really really old.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/27122-hdt-collisions-hair-physics-now-with-belly-support-updated-just-another-hdt-xml-file/

Either fix one of the old ones for 2.14 yourself if you want the less bouncy one or the bouncy 2.14 one.

They work 99% of the cases.

Stock one from Nexus works for me, for all body types.

That's what I'm saying, for some people they work, for some they don't and we get all this ugliness. The tutorials and set-up guides are fantastic, but it would be really nice if somewhere there was a "Download THIS SPECIFIC file, then download THIS OTHER SPECIFIC FILE." Example: 3 or 4 different Realistic Ragdolls and Force configs, several different XPMS downloads.... I know that XPMSE is better, but that is from hours spent crawling though LL. The tutorials all suggest and link to XPMS instead.

From what I've read, the issues I'm having should be related to the skeleton. However, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't: and almost always after weight editing in ECE. Is it possible there is a conflict in ECE somehow? 

The XPMS skeleton page on nexus currently contains the XPMSE skeleton....

Which is probably why those tutorials link there.

As for HDT preset files, some are a hit and miss. You just gotta try (or more preferrably edit your own) until you get 1 that works.

IDK about ECE, it might have it's own custom skelly or something that you gotta replace or something.

Otherwise, it's just a skinning issue not being as smooth as it could be.

Returning to basiscs... Had same problem as Ginge620 managed to replicate it max:

post-57088-0-34672100-1417648137_thumb.jpg

It seems my BodySlide 2 CBBE HDT body has some weird clavicle weighting which causes this. However I have a new problem after fixing the weighting in max and exporting it my Skyrim crashes every time I try to use it.

Anybody with insight in this problem?

there are many things, that could cause this...

1. did you use the same skeleton for editing in 3ds max as you use in game? (all bones you skinned the mesh to have to be in your skeleton_female.nif

2. did you change some bone names while skinning?

3. messed up import/export setting for 3ds max (there are a hundred tutorials for that all over the net)

4. some other stuff that i didnt think of... try the above three first

there are many things, that could cause this...

1. did you use the same skeleton for editing in 3ds max as you use in game? (all bones you skinned the mesh to have to be in your skeleton_female.nif

2. did you change some bone names while skinning?

3. messed up import/export setting for 3ds max (there are a hundred tutorials for that all over the net)

4. some other stuff that i didnt think of... try the above three first

Ok, trying. Just came back from a long break from Skyrim. Some things have gotten rusty...

Returning to basiscs... Had same problem as Ginge620 managed to replicate it max:

attachicon.gifBreastJaggedEdge.jpg

It seems my BodySlide 2 CBBE HDT body has some weird clavicle weighting which causes this. However I have a new problem after fixing the weighting in max and exporting it my Skyrim crashes every time I try to use it.

you are loading a body on a skeleton it was not made for

attachicon.gifBreastJaggedEdge.jpg

you are loading a body on a skeleton it was not made for

Uh, I have tried to make a body that was HDT compatible. To the best of my research it seems to require your skeleton. But you are saying I can't use a CBBE body with HDT? Can I do something to make it work I kind of like the shape and I customized a lot of armor to that body shape. Well, no rest for the wicked... Going to test a different combo.

Edit: On BodySlide 2 and OS' page on Nexus it says: "The new XPMS Extended 2, available at the Nexus XPMS page, works for "CBBE BBP", "CBBE TBBP" and "CBBE HDT" with HDT Physics Extensions..."

I have used new XPMS Extended 2 with the CBBE HDT body and HDT Physics Extensions - so your comment - I am sorry but I don't understand it.

Edit 2: Just tried with the ALSL body in game the issues with jagged edges are much smaller - but as far as I can tell still there..

i had the same problem with the HDT weightpainted 7B body... i think its a problem with the HDT weight paint map in general (or it appears after converting, it does not realy matter).

the edgis of the different bone weights are not propperly smoothed. i fixed my body in 3ds max. its pretty easy actually

if your game is crashing when unequipping your armor, it means your body mesh is not compatible with your installed skeleton. if the body worked before you edited it, it means you messed something up while editing.

or did the game crash before you edited the body mesh?

i had the same problem with the HDT weightpainted 7B body... i think its a problem with the HDT weight paint map in general (or it appears after converting, it does not realy matter).

the edgis of the different bone weights are not propperly smoothed. i fixed my body in 3ds max. its pretty easy actually

if your game is crashing when unequipping your armor, it means your body mesh is not compatible with your installed skeleton. if the body worked before you edited it, it means you messed something up while editing.

Well, I have found that more often than not the difficulty of task depends on the person performing it rather than the task itself.  So, even if it it was easy for you it might be difficult for me.

But I will describe what I do and if you can give me any pointers on what to do differently I would be much obliged.

I import the body_1.nif in max standard import settings as per Nightasy including skeleton. Apply a smooth group 2 above editable mesh in the stack. Again above editable mesh I apply a morpher in the stack . Then I import body_0.nif standard import settings without skeleton apply a smooth group 2 before converting it to an editable mesh. Then I use it as a morph target for the body_1 model in the morph channel. Rather nifty trick thanks to blabba :). Then I delete the body_0 model. All this before editing the envelopes of the left and right clavicle. I select them individually select the vertices in the breast region and type in 0 as absolute effect. I kind of suspect that because I don't know much about the intricate relationship between the skeleton and the body I could be messing something up here. But that is pure guessing.

Finally I export standard export settings as per Nightasy once with the morpher at 0 and one at 100% to body nifs 0 and 1. I skip the Nifscope fixing of the textures as it is only a test.

I substitute the relevant nifs in the mod folder in the mod organizer and load up Skyrim. It goes through the loading procedure then it CTDs. The save to be loaded is a naked female character in the work stuio mod - so no armour or weapons of any kind - just plain skin. And that's about it.

Oh, I was wondering if max has a feature like Outfit Studio where you can remove weight with the brush instead of applying it? In OS you take the brush hold down the alt key and paint to remove weight. 

Oh, I was wondering if max has a feature like Outfit Studio where you can remove weight with the brush instead of applying it? In OS you take the brush hold down the alt key and paint to remove weight. 

Well if you tried the same command in Max, you would have learned that it does the same thing :/

Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't the CBBE HDT body be updated so users don't have to go through all this? I just want to play the game, I don't want to worry about weight paints and whether I'll be able to smooth them out. Why not just do it once then share it? No one would complain then.

I just gave up on HDT because of this, not worth the trouble. I'll wait for Citrus

Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't the CBBE HDT body be updated so users don't have to go through all this? I just want to play the game, I don't want to worry about weight paints and whether I'll be able to smooth them out. Why not just do it once then share it? No one would complain then.

I just gave up on HDT because of this, not worth the trouble. I'll wait for Citrus

Are you using the lifelike idle animation that got uploaded to the Nexus like a month ago? It might use the clavicle bone in a way that causes this, I'm not sure though.

No, I used normal CBBE HDT with a compliant HDT xml and latest version of XPMSE. I got the same issue as the OP

After messing around for a week and getting no where, I just said fuck it and switched to normal CBBE without HDT

If this worked out of the box, there wouldn't be any issues with this. This isn't about installing it wrong or some old hdt armor not being updated to the newest skeleton, This is JUST the body itself after following the install instructions. So unless my grasp of English has somehow waned, i'm not buying any of it

Well if you tried the same command in Max, you would have learned that it does the same thing :/

I tried it before I asked blabba - and to be sure I just tried it again. Your settings may be different - but the way my max is set up - pressing the alt key when painting weights makes no difference at all - hence my question ...

CBBE-HDT from Bodyslide works out of the box with XPMSE2.2 and HDT

Well, that may be - in that case I did something wrong - which is entirely possible. Mod Organizer is new to me - and there is a great many things concerning 3D modeling I know nothing about. I am simply trying to get by with the knowledge I have - and to expand it when needed. I would also like to stress that I am NOT complaining - I am simply trying to fix a problem I have.

In fact I have discovered that my old TBBP body works a lot better with HDT after a little tweak of the HDT xml file it looks fine except for this thing under the right arm:

post-57088-0-01954700-1417817191_thumb.jpg

So my weight painting issue remains though it has changed to a minor cosmetic one...

Well, I have found that more often than not the difficulty of task depends on the person performing it rather than the task itself.  So, even if it it was easy for you it might be difficult for me.

But I will describe what I do and if you can give me any pointers on what to do differently I would be much obliged.

I import the body_1.nif in max standard import settings as per Nightasy including skeleton. Apply a smooth group 2 above editable mesh in the stack. Again above editable mesh I apply a morpher in the stack . Then I import body_0.nif standard import settings without skeleton apply a smooth group 2 before converting it to an editable mesh. Then I use it as a morph target for the body_1 model in the morph channel. Rather nifty trick thanks to blabba :). Then I delete the body_0 model. All this before editing the envelopes of the left and right clavicle. I select them individually select the vertices in the breast region and type in 0 as absolute effect. I kind of suspect that because I don't know much about the intricate relationship between the skeleton and the body I could be messing something up here. But that is pure guessing.

Finally I export standard export settings as per Nightasy once with the morpher at 0 and one at 100% to body nifs 0 and 1. I skip the Nifscope fixing of the textures as it is only a test.

I substitute the relevant nifs in the mod folder in the mod organizer and load up Skyrim. It goes through the loading procedure then it CTDs. The save to be loaded is a naked female character in the work stuio mod - so no armour or weapons of any kind - just plain skin. And that's about it.

sorry for the delay, i wasn't home the last days.

so... either you are doing way too much, or i did not get the problem you are having with the standard cbbe hdt body. what exacly is troubling you, that you have to edit it?

as far as i understood it, you have trouble with weird deformations of the body in the breast area. is that correct?

anyway... nightasy's parameters for im- and exporting should work allright...

what i don't know is, whether exporting a mesh with a morpher causes problems. when i use a morpher, i convert the mesh into another editable mesh, when i am done editing, and then copy the Skin and dismermberskinmodifier over. i never tried to export the mesh with the morpher directly. does someone have more experiance with that and can tell us if that works?

everything else you do seems ok to me, at least from what you wrote. If the morpher is not the problem, try loading another save game (with clothes on). and then to unequip the clothes. also try this with fixed meshes (with nifscope). Normaly broken textures should not cause this, but its skyrim we are takring about... it does not always bahave as one would expect

another advice: i dont think you have to manualy change bone weights in your mesh. For me it was enough just to smooth the edges of the different weights. you can do this with the normal weight brush in 3ds max. select edit envelopes, then choose one of the breast bones. under "weight properties" make sure "paint blend weights" is activated and select "paint weights". your curser should now becone the weight brush. now just brush around the edges of the weighted area for the breast bone. it should slightly change the weights in those areas to smooth them with the weights around them. for me circling 2-3 times around was enough. do this for all 4 breast bones, then export the mesh. this should fix your problem...

my experiance (as little as it is) tells me, that if you are weight painting you should always smooth the weights in the end (for soft elements at least). otherwise it could lead to weird mesh deformations. even if the weights at the edges look as if they are falling of smoothly (as it it the case for the HDT body) the mesh deforms wrongly at certaint bone positions.

• 4 weeks later...

Even with my bare-bones installation I was getting the jaggies with the default latest CBBE HDT + XPMSE 2.33 + HDT All in one, BOOM re-weights fixed it. Grab the re-weights by Jonusl2d in the downloads section, I would link it but I'm still new, they worked wonders.

Even with my bare-bones installation I was getting the jaggies with the default latest CBBE HDT + XPMSE 2.33 + HDT All in one, BOOM re-weights fixed it. Grab the re-weights by Jonusl2d in the downloads section, I would link it but I'm still new, they worked wonders.

Are you sure you got the very latest CBBE Body HDT which I released a few days ago (coming with BodySlide @Nexus)? I tested for jaggied as much as I could. There were NONE for me.

I thought this only happened with HDT PE presets. Someone reported that one of the presets from Nexus even causes a dent at the hip, which i could confirm.

Didn't test this with BS2 2.2d update yet but supposedly it fixes this.

Archived