Slaves of Tamriel (Obsolete - Please use theFirstHeretic's version)

This seems very interesting. I may give it a try.

A concern I have with this: I wouldn't make slave-tatts a requirement for the mod's main function.

I can see it as part of the context you're trying to build for this, but some users may not wish to be plastered with tattoos. Again, just a suggestion though.

• Love this. The atmosphere is great - I felt a huge amount of despair from the very first moment.

•  

(Important) Does the game look similar to the uploaded screenshots? Do you see any visual glitches?

- it took a little time to begin. In fact, I didn't realize there was a starting bit at first and ran around. Only after I restarted did the guard on the ramp tell me to go with him.

- when the guard on the chair walked forward with the branding iron, it dragged along the ground with him.

- love the scream and other sound effects!

Does the gate guard punish you appropriately, if you linger on the ramp?

- i was ignored on the ramp. punishments other places worked.

- edit: i was ignored on the ramp the first time. the second time he got ready to punish, so i moved.

Does the NPC who's waiting for you down the ramp seated in a chair, or in air?

- in the chair

When a NPC tries to put restraints on you, is he aligned properly to your character?

- yes

(Important) Again, when the above happens, does the NPC plays proper animation? If not, does running GenerateFNISforUsers.exe fixes it?

- everything seemed fine.

Does the NPC who's leading you to the mining room punish you properly when you lag behind? Or does it randomly hit you even when you're close to him?

- he started to, then i hurried forward and he put his whip away. the switch between player having control and not having control seems kind of weird - at first i couldn't direct my character, and started getting behind, but the moment he pulled his whip i was able to run forward. is that on purpose?

Is the NPC at the table in front of the mining room seated properly in his chair?

- yes

Does he closes doors as you enter and exit the area?

- yes. although just after they told me to enter the mining area, a slave and one of the mine guards entered and the door closed. he started punishing her there, and just as the punishment started the door opened again and i was able to enter the mine.

While talking with him, does the guard inside the working area tries to punish you? (it should not happen)

- no

Upon entering the mining room, is any of the slaves working?

- yes

(If you have BeeingFemale installed) Does any of slaves have menstruation cycle or is pregnant?

- i have it but didn't notice

Does the guard tries to punish any idling slaves (including you)?

- yes

Does the guard sometimes do some funny fast side steps when trying to punish a slave?

- not that i noticed

How many of slaves work simultaneously? Do you think too many or too few slaves work at any given time?

- it seemed like a good mix, but i didn't count

How good is the guard at punishing idling slaves? Does he punish any specific slave more often than others? Or does he never punish certain slaves even when they are idling?

- i didn't notice

Is the guard stuck by a dialog interrupt when he's near the player? (Like constantly saying "Do you need something?)

- no

Do you hear heavy breathing sound from you or other slaves when stamina is low?

- yes. love that effect

Do you get ores at a proper rate? How hard it is to compete with other slaves? (You can count the number of ores each slaves has mined so far)

- i didn't realize it was piling up, so not sure.

(Important) do you see sometimes ores continue to be mined even after you stopped working? It seems to happen occasionally when you try to mine when you're resting (without standing up at first).

- no, but i didn't mine very long

i was able to use the smelter with no problems. in fact, thanks to Complete Crafting Overhaul, I was able to smelt my pickaxe into an iron bar. :)

i don't know if the log will help at all - it's full of all my other mods' stuff too. 

Papyrus.0.log

There are too many replies since I last visited for me to quote everything, so I'll just reply here without duplicating the questions.

The stretched mouth problem

After the player has been strip naked, the 'Shy' expression with strength 100 is applied to the character via SexLab. From the screenshot of windu190, It seems that SexLab applies quite a different expression for some people. (It might be helpful, if you can test that expression preset using SexLab's MCM)

From Kyp13's log, I found following lines:

[11/17/2014 - 10:52:51PM] Cannot open store for class "sslBaseExpression", missing file?
[11/17/2014 - 10:52:51PM] Cannot open store for class "sslexpressionslots", missing file?
[11/17/2014 - 10:52:51PM] Cannot open store for class "sslactorlibrary", missing file?
[11/17/2014 - 10:52:51PM] Cannot open store for class "sslactorstats", missing file?
[11/17/2014 - 10:52:51PM] Cannot open store for class "sslconfigmenu", missing file?
[11/17/2014 - 10:52:51PM] Cannot open store for class "sslanimationslots", missing file?

As I use sslBaseExpression to apply expressions, and it stores expression presets(including the one I've used), it's probable that this might be causing such problem.

I'm not entirely certain, but for now I guess it's something worth looking into.

@Kimy : the part you uploaded seems to be a result from earlier, more fundamental problem. Could you attach the entire log file? And sorry about missing source files. I'll include them in the next release.

Other miscellaneous issues

About the possibility of running past the first seated NPC without initiating the dialogue, I intentionally made it so, because I sometimes needed to check the initial states of other slaves after the quest start :)

When it'll be officially released, I'll make the trigger radius bigger to avoid it from happening.

Regarding one of the slaves might take residence in door guard's quarter, it's been reported earlier by Reigor. It's a result from guard's failing to lock doors, and I'll try to fix it later.

There's a glitch in the introduction scene which forces you to hit the activate key to continue. And I agree that it's rather disorienting to be constantly switching player control on and off.

I allow more player control in future even in such scripted scene, to achieve something like what XJ347 has suggested. Ideally, there should be player choices to comply or resist to every orders given to the player with proper consequences.

However, as implementing this will be difficult and time consuming, I'll try to find some balance and manage priorities between many other features.

@Prometeus5879

I'll extend the MCM to allow users to customize keybindings in future. About shaving hair, I actually tried that with NPCs at first, but I changed my mind when I saw it made them look almost identical to each other. Would like to hear other people's opinion too, because I can see that some might not want their character to look ugly.

@KomradPavlov

I can understand your concern, but for now I'm afraid I'll have to keep it the way it is. Unlike BeeingFemale dependency, I haven't yet found a way to integrate them without using its specific API.

And as certain scenes, and some dialogues (in future) relies on the fact that the character's wearing a brand, it'll be too hard for me to make it optional.

@jxm

Actually, I completely agree with you and in fact, I'm trying to add more plot elements, dialog options, player choices, and etc.

What I have said in the design document is that such repeatable and semi challenging daily task should be the backbone of a player slavery mod. I didn't mean it should replace any other parts which would make the experience more immersive.

Without such a backbone, it would be challenging to provide sufficient contents to keep the player engaged all the time. And being a slave without anything to do except for triggering occasional sex scenes might become boring very fast.

So I just wanted to provide some believable context, and something to do as a slave, which will engage player's experience between scripted scenes, dialogues, or sex scenes.

==================================================================

Thanks much for feedback everyone! It's very helpful and I really appreciate it!

great that you took time to read trough all of this. I really want to give this mod a try. is there a console command to trigger the queststart? scince the MCM way doesn't work for me (and kimy)

You can type "startquest SLTMineQuest" to start it, but I doubt it will work because the fact that it failed to show in MCM means something important could be broken.

Have you tried to clean your SexLab installation, or even reinstall the latest version? Your log suggests that it's not properly installed, so it might worth giving it a shot.

great that you took time to read trough all of this. I really want to give this mod a try. is there a console command to trigger the queststart? scince the MCM way doesn't work for me (and kimy)

You can type "startquest SLTMineQuest" to start it, but I doubt it will work because the fact that it failed to show in MCM means something important could be broken.

Have you tried to clean your SexLab installation, or even reinstall the latest version? Your log suggests that it's not properly installed, so it might worth giving it a shot.

That did, indeed, not work. But it was worth a shot. The weird thing is, "slaves of tamriel" is showing up in the MCM menu. And i can tip the "start quest" box. the "quest starting" "quest started sucsesfully" messages pop up. but nothing happens. When i typed in the command nothing happened at all.

well i tried to to update sexlab several times now, but everytime i do my whole game gets fucked up completly. And after hours of trying to get it to work i usually resign and reinstall the old version. It is working with all the mods i have and isn't making any trouble. "Never change a running system" But now i need to go on an other round of the update fight.

@Kyp13 Have you tried the "Clean & Rebuild" option, from the SexLab MCM? If you already have the latest version, or if you have problems updating SexLab, it could be a good idea to run that option to fix possible incompatibilities due to upgrading.

updated to the latest Version and used the clean option. Sexlab now CTDs imidietly when sex is initiated. But that is a problem for another place. Important is even with Version 1.59 of Sexlab, when Slaves of Tamriel gets activated nothing happens.

I downgraded again so sexlab works again.

is the break with counting the ore and food and rest implemented? 'cause i worked from 8am to midnight with no respite in sight. 

also, when i steal ore, the guard says "stop cunning bitch" and hogties me, then the "stop cunning bitch" line comes up again in an infinite loop. if i jump to stand i can go back to mining with no further consequences.

is the break with counting the ore and food and rest implemented? 'cause i worked from 8am to midnight with no respite in sight. 

also, when i steal ore, the guard says "stop cunning bitch" and hogties me, then the "stop cunning bitch" line comes up again in an infinite loop. if i jump to stand i can go back to mining with no further consequences.

Sorry, as I've mentioned in one of the earlier posts, both of those are not implemented in this pre-alpha release, so what you have described is perfectly normal for now.

I plan to add ore counting scene and brief respite between shifts in the next release.

The arresting action is just a placeholder to test crime faction for now. When implemented, such actions like stealing or violence will be punished according to respective severity. Nature and duration of such punishments are something to be defined though.

Testing the mod

• (Important) Do you see a MCM menu item? Does it transport you to the mining facility when you select it?
  • (Important) Does the game look similar to the uploaded screenshots? Do you see any visual glitches?   Yes
  • Does the gate guard punish you appropriately, if you linger on the ramp?  Yes
  • Does the NPC who's waiting for you down the ramp seated in a chair, or in air?  He's moving but sits in the chair
  • When a NPC tries to put restraints on you, is he aligned properly to your character?  He just a bit to the player's right when he puts the cuffs on, the position when collaring/gagging seemed right.
  • (Important) Again, when the above happens, does the NPC plays proper animation? If not, does running GenerateFNISforUsers.exe fixes it?  He fiddled at the neck, and just right of the hands, no animation for the ankle cuffs.
  • Does the NPC who's leading you to the mining room punish you properly when you lag behind? Or does it randomly hit you even when you're close to him?  He hits me only when lagging or deliberately going away.  Being close to him or ahead of him is safe.
  • Is the NPC at the table in front of the mining room seated properly in his chair? Yes
  • Does he closes doors as you enter and exit the area?  He closed the upper door as I entered, and the lower door after I exited.  Positioning for removing the cuffs was completely off.
  • While talking with him, does the guard inside the working area tries to punish you? (it should not happen)
  • Upon entering the mining room, is any of the slaves working?  Yes
  • Do all slaves have proper branding/dirt textures?
  • (Important) If you are not using CBBE, how does the tatoo set look like?
  • (If you have BeeingFemale installed) Does any of slaves have menstruation cycle or is pregnant? N/A
  • Does the guard tries to punish any idling slaves (including you)?   Yes
  • Does the guard sometimes do some funny fast side steps when trying to punish a slave?  Not that I saw
  • How many of slaves work simultaneously? Do you think too many or too few slaves work at any given time?  Sometimes all, sometimes only one.  It seems to vary which looks right though perhaps everyone exhausts too easily.
  • How good is the guard at punishing idling slaves? Does he punish any specific slave more often than others? Or does he never punish certain slaves even when they are idling?  Can't really tell, Immersive FP isn't unlocking the mining animation very often, it keeps see-sawing two different outside views instead.
  • Is the guard stuck by a dialog interrupt when he's near the player? (Like constantly saying "Do you need something?)  No but he often says the guard sayings that sound ridiculous in this environment.
  • Do you hear heavy breathing sound from you or other slaves when stamina is low?  Hard to say who's breathing it is.
  • Do you get ores at a proper rate? How hard it is to compete with other slaves? (You can count the number of ores each slaves has mined so far)  Getting one ore about every turn mining though it always seems to happen shortly after starting work again
  • (Important) do you see sometimes ores continue to be mined even after you stopped working? It seems to happen occasionally when you try to mine when you're resting (without standing up at first).  Never saw this but didn't try mining while sitting.

One other note, the point where the player stops to be examined initially happens to have a rock sticking up and covering where she should be exposed after being told to spread her legs while kneeling.  Moving the rock or the stopping point would look better.

Testing the mod

• How good is the guard at punishing idling slaves? Does he punish any specific slave more often than others? Or does he never punish certain slaves even when they are idling?  Can't really tell, Immersive FP isn't unlocking the mining animation very often, it keeps see-sawing two different outside views instead.

One other note, the point where the player stops to be examined initially happens to have a rock sticking up and covering where she should be exposed after being told to spread her legs while kneeling.  Moving the rock or the stopping point would look better.

Thanks for the detailed feedback!

By the way, could you describe the problem you're having with Immersive FP in detail? I'm using the latest version with the default profile but having no such problem. When mining, I can see my arms with a pickaxe, and chest and feets when looking down perfectly.

Regarding a rock hiding very important aspect of a slave, unfortunately it's not easy to solve for now. The rocks are part of the 3-way wall section which does not have any other alternatives, and there's not enough space to move the markers.

So, I decided to replace the wall section with a 4-way one, making another room to the right. Currently, there's no bedroom, or toilette for guards, so they might be placed there in future.

Sorry, as I've mentioned in one of the earlier posts, both of those are not implemented in this pre-alpha release, so what you have described is perfectly normal for now.

I plan to add ore counting scene and brief respite between shifts in the next release.

The arresting action is just a placeholder to test crime faction for now. When implemented, such actions like stealing or violence will be punished according to respective severity. Nature and duration of such punishments are something to be defined though.

Yeah, sorry - I was too lazy to read through the previous three pages. ;)

Testing the mod

Thanks for the detailed feedback!

By the way, could you describe the problem you're having with Immersive FP in detail? I'm using the latest version with the default profile but having no such problem. When mining, I can see my arms with a pickaxe, and chest and feets when looking down perfectly.

Regarding a rock hiding very important aspect of a slave, unfortunately it's not easy to solve for now. The rocks are part of the 3-way wall section which does not have any other alternatives, and there's not enough space to move the markers.

So, I decided to replace the wall section with a 4-way one, making another room to the right. Currently, there's no bedroom, or toilette for guards, so they might be placed there in future.

I just checked and saw that my version of Immersive First person is ancient.

Adding a barracks for the guards allows for a barracks slave option to be added later, after all why should they sweep and cook etc when there are slaves who could do it? Not to mention the possibility of having to "service" those guards.

I know you intend to add sex to the mod simply because of where you posted it but I like the idea that you are working out the "other slave activities" part first instead of just seeing how many times and ways the slaves can get fucked.

This mod might work really well as a "Live Another Life" starting scenario where you end up as a slave and have to work (not necessarily escape) your way out of that slavery before going on to discover you are the Dragon Born and becoming a great warrior or mage. In fact you could make several slave scenarios, mine worker, barracks sweeper, cook slave, brothel worker (for those who are focused on sex, sex and more sex), wood cutter slave etc. The key is to finding a way or ways from each of those to work toward a restoration of freedom.

I see you updated the questions. The doors were opened in front and closed behind me properly (although they were not locked). It usually took about an attempt and a half (resting between) to get an ore, which felt reasonable. You could possibly tie it to the player's mining/smithing ability so you get more if you're experienced. I kept pace (and was a little ahead) with the others. Way ahead after stealing some. ;)

Edit: I know you're not at this point yet, but you might consider turning the timescale up a bit from vanilla.

I was finally awake enough to give this mod a good run. I didn't find anything terribly out of place given the context of the situation.

Here are some things that can make it better:

-The interior cell door was open after entering the mining area.

-The labored breathing is loud; maybe turn down the volume on that.

-Maybe attach a script to the guards to check the player's inventory for ores, and provide for a punishment if any are found.

-The player seems to "drop" ores on the ground; make these dropped ores "stolen" if the player takes them.

-Maybe make the ores and veins mined into "none of your business;" what slave needs to know what work he or she is doing or why? Mining ores is enough to know for any slave.

-I don't know what to do about the slave that likes to be in the guard area between the doors, but that doesn't seem too out of place if a slave is out of her mind. Maybe try to use that for the mod.

-Maybe add stamina over time spent mining.

-My character didn't crouch from exhaustion.

-Maybe add a condition or something that causes slaves to work until they are lying on the floor from exhaustion.

I see good things happening in the future with this mod; you even left a couple of places to add new shafts to expand the mine. Good job. There could even be a slaves' prison area for slaves that drop from exhaustion. This mod opens up a wide variety of possibilities that haven't, to my knowledge, been explored yet.

I'm glad I decided to check this out.

P.S.

I have one question about the recommendation of CBBE; I had the Teen Monli UNP installed, but I switched to the CBBE version after the slave brand didn't show. Is this because only Caliente's version of CBBE is compatible with the slave brand?

I'm must say I'm really impressed. I never seen such an accurate scene (on Loverslab or anywhere else) like the introduction scene.

Here are my notes.

-yes, the other prisoners breathing a bit to loud.

- Some minor animation alignment. When at the wheel I was inside the wheel. When turning to be bounded there was quite some distance from the guard "captain".

- for the rest everything seemed to go fine. The q toggle was working... the stamina while mining.

- After a while I was caught stealing some ore... The guards come to "arrest" me. They start hitting me with their sword. I entered bleedout and that triggered a Death Alternative scenario. I found myself out of the mine rescued by Vilkas. :D 

So, in the future, a patch should be found to stop DA from triggering during SoT.

Another note... People don't need RACEMENU. Slavetats will work also with NETIMMERSE OVERRIDE. This is very useful for ECE users like me.

- After a while I was caught stealing some ore... The guards come to "arrest" me. They start hitting me with their sword. I entered bleedout and that triggered a Death Alternative scenario. I found myself out of the mine rescued by Vilkas. :D

So, in the future, a patch should be found to stop DA from triggering during SoT.

More like a DA plugin, which may start another slavery related scenario upon defeat in a mine. For instance, another quest that will send the player a worse place, like "get this piece of shit outta this mine and do whatever you want with her/him". :D

I tried some reinstalls and updates but still the mod doesn't start despite beeing shown in McM. When i type "help tamriel" i can see the Quest ID but the StartQuest Command doesn't work with the ID or the Questname.

I don't want to be annoying, but do you have any other idea how i could start the mod? Because I really want to try this mod, it sounds so awesome!

@Kyp13, you press the StartQuest button in the McM...

@ModAuthor: I played it and it works flawlessly (the issues I found are just things that need to be implemented =P, and a bit of a bug where the guard came and whipped the player while standing in the guard office right next to the mine (right before being told to pick up a pickaxe). I really hope this mod finds its way to completion as a fully fledged player slavery mod for Skyrim, it definately looks promising!

@ModAuthor: I played it and it works flawlessly (the issues I found are just things that need to be implemented =P, and a bit of a bug where the guard came and whipped the player while standing in the guard office right next to the mine (right before being told to pick up a pickaxe). I really hope this mod finds its way to completion as a fully fledged player slavery mod for Skyrim, it definately looks promising!

Well i tried that ;) Sadly this doesn't work for me. When i press StartQuest nothing happens.

Well i tried that ;) Sadly this doesn't work for me. When i press StartQuest nothing happens.

Stupid question time: after pressing start, did you tab out of the MCM?

Also, is it on a new game or an already running one?

Third, confirm you have all the required mods (and their requirements too - it becomes quite a list!) and that they're up to date.