Slaves of Tamriel (Obsolete - Please use theFirstHeretic's version)

Okay, checking Alpha2. Everything works pretty well so far. I did not get shaved (maybe 'cause I'm using Apachi Hair?) and I screamed a second time while blacked out. Love the guard with the bucket! Nice touch! I also like the tour upon entering the cell, and the "gentle" prod to drop the ore at the smelter.

edit: also, the smelter slave yelled at me for dropping stuff on the floor. ha!

I tested this mod out yesterday and I love it, However when collecting ore for the first time, it always crashes by the second time or third time the guard is collecting ore.  Also the other slaves have pixilation on there bodies, almost like when the old tvs used to get the scraggly colored bars on it from the sceen going out.

Not sure what you exactly updated today, but I will test again sometime in the future.

Maybe something to consider in the future: right now you can go back to the smelter and pick up the ores you dropped there and those are counted for the next shift  :D. Maybe they should be placed in some container that is emptied as the next shift starts or they could be melted, but that poor smelter slave would have to work realy hard  :lol:

One other note about the tattoo.  You use the dragon tattoo and if I got my lore right that is a symbol of the empire.  Are we to assume that this is state sponsored?  If it were the Stormcloaks it would be the bear head.

Wouldn't be surprised if some high ranking imperial officials are behind that operation. 

Off the record of course. ;)

Not trying to be argumentative and I like the idea of off the record but then wouldn't they choose a different mark not to associate the empire.  Maybe the East Empire Company.

From the Elder Scrolls Wiki:

"One of the possible reasons the East Empire Company flourishes in Morrowind is the legality of slavery in the mines and plantations in the province."

Maybe they moved an operation to Skyrim or a mineral rich island off the coast.  Depending on where SoT sets his mod.  You could even frame the mod intro that the PC is investingating the offices of the East Empire Company near Solitude or in Windhelm and the slavers get wind of her action and then it's off to the mine.

The quest could even start with an escaped slave wearing rags and being tattooed telling the PC to check into the East Empire Company.

The article you're talking about (http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/East_Empire_Trading_Company) refers to TES 3: Morrowind ^^

There used to be slavery in Morrowind but that was 200 years before TES 5. I think it was abolished sometime between the Oblivion Crisis that and the eruption of Red Mountain and/or war with Argonians (who used to be most of the slaves)

And I think Morrowind was the last province where slavery was legal, I don't think it's ever been legal in the empire.

Oh! And I can't believe I never commented on this mod ^^ I haven't tested it yet but I love the idea! I like that it isn't all about sexslavery and I'm so looking forward to seeing what else you'll come up with!

One other note about the tattoo.  You use the dragon tattoo and if I got my lore right that is a symbol of the empire.  Are we to assume that this is state sponsored?  If it were the Stormcloaks it would be the bear head.

Wouldn't be surprised if some high ranking imperial officials are behind that operation. 

Off the record of course. ;)

Not trying to be argumentative and I like the idea of off the record but then wouldn't they choose a different mark not to associate the empire.  Maybe the East Empire Company.

From the Elder Scrolls Wiki:

"One of the possible reasons the East Empire Company flourishes in Morrowind is the legality of slavery in the mines and plantations in the province."

Maybe they moved an operation to Skyrim or a mineral rich island off the coast.  Depending on where SoT sets his mod.  You could even frame the mod intro that the PC is investingating the offices of the East Empire Company near Solitude or in Windhelm and the slavers get wind of her action and then it's off to the mine.

The quest could even start with an escaped slave wearing rags and being tattooed telling the PC to check into the East Empire Company.

Maybe it's some loop in the law. Just like Guantanamo Bay. 

For all we know we are held on some island out at sea, outside the Empire where there is no law so they can pretty much do whatever they want. 

I like your idea though :)

Well since the player is the Dragonborn and all that stuff, she shouldn't have that much problems with a simple thing as mining, considering, that she did that during her adventures anyway, so before she goes on to mine the brains out of her slavers, she'd probably at least be amongst the top of the slaves, if not the best. But like always there will be many opinions about that, so it might be best to give it an mcm option, where you can set, how capable you think your character should be. That way everyone should be satisfied.

Yes, I agree that adding a difficulty setting would be the best way to approach this problem. I'll try to find the right balance as I see it first, then implement a difficulty system later which allows deviation from that supposed balance within a certain range.

I tried the new version. The naked comments don't happen now. Also, head-shaving now happens during the blackout after branding, so that works great. I went through the opening scene three times. The first time I was sunk halfway into the wheel as usual, and got the 6 brand and no Skyrim symbol or Property of... marks again. The second and third times alignment with the wheel was much better and the brands all worked. I honestly can't say what I did differently except, perhaps, I had my camera a bit further away rather than zoomed in close. (I almost always play in 3rd person mode.)

A couple of other things:

- when the guard blows his horn ahead of announcing something he seems to wait about a full minute before speaking

- and I got an enormous papyrus log from only a few minutes' play. I'll attach the whole thing zipped up if you want to look at it, but 90% of it is the following error repeated dozens, if not hundreds of times:

[11/26/2014 - 11:09:49AM] Error: Cannot access an element of a None array

stack:

[sLTMineQuest (82005453)].SLTConfigScript.ClearOptionBuffers() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 884

[sLTMineQuest (82005453)].SLTConfigScript.CloseConfig() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 769

[sKI_ConfigManagerInstance (17000802)].SKI_ConfigManager.OnMenuClose() - "SKI_ConfigManager.psc" Line 122

(Slaves of Tamriel is load order number 82. SkyUI is 17.)

attachicon.gifPapyrus.0.log.7z

Thanks much for the feedback. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything which might cause such problems. The stacktrace about SkyUI is something I see myself (which should be fixed in future) so obviously it shouldn't be the one that was responsible for the branding issue.

(By the way, does anyone have any idea what might be the problem to cause such an error? I admit it to be very annoying, if not game breaking)

And yeah... I also noticed that silly break between the horn blowing and an announcement. It's not as bad on my end, but still feels unnatural. I think I have certain things to try which might fix the problem, like a simultaneous branch with a wait procedure. So, let's hope that it can be fixed in the next release.

Will this work along with No Naked Comments? I use that mod for every profile, so if it interferes, maybe you can make it blanket the whole game.

I hope so. All I did was adding a single condition to the quest, and probably the mod you mentioned will do the same thing with the same intention. So, even if those conditions are duplicated, I don't see any reason why it won't work. But it's Skyrim, so I can't be sure before ;)

It's just my ignorance or negligence of the lore which made me make such kind of mistakes. I haven't even finished Skyrim yet myself, so I'm the last person who is expected to be knowledgeable about the topic.

But as I'm much inclined to make this mod as something at least believable in the context of the common lore of the Skyrim, I've been reading all those suggestions about possible settings and background story with much interest.

Possibly, I'll post a poll when we have sufficiently discussed about all those suggestions, then modify the mod according to the result.

Okay, checking Alpha2. Everything works pretty well so far. I did not get shaved (maybe 'cause I'm using Apachi Hair?) and I screamed a second time while blacked out. Love the guard with the bucket! Nice touch! I also like the tour upon entering the cell, and the "gentle" prod to drop the ore at the smelter.

edit: also, the smelter slave yelled at me for dropping stuff on the floor. ha!

Urg... I suspected it might cause problem with custom hairs. I'll update the known problem section with the information, and will try to find a solution to this problem later. Thanks for bringing this up!

By the way I'll keep disabling any such vanilla dialogues which might break immersion like one you mentioned.

I tested this mod out yesterday and I love it, However when collecting ore for the first time, it always crashes by the second time or third time the guard is collecting ore.  Also the other slaves have pixilation on there bodies, almost like when the old tvs used to get the scraggly colored bars on it from the sceen going out.

Not sure what you exactly updated today, but I will test again sometime in the future.

Could you give me the papyrus log when this happens? Maybe I was too liberal with lights which might be taxing for certain systems.

Maybe something to consider in the future: right now you can go back to the smelter and pick up the ores you dropped there and those are counted for the next shift  :D. Maybe they should be placed in some container that is emptied as the next shift starts or they could be melted, but that poor smelter slave would have to work realy hard  :lol:

Yeah... we definitely need to find some way to dispose of all those ores :)

I was able to remove all my cuffs and gag while i dropped off a load of ore. :)

edit: also, what is the "zaz pussy drip," or whatever that's called?

Really?? Urg... I thought I made sure that I used the 'unremovable' option set. I just double checked it and abPreventRemoval was set to true. But again, its Skyrim so any kind of weird inconsistency might happen for no reason.

I'd much like to hear from others as well to know if it's something reproducible.

And about that item... well... it does what its name suggests :blush: Actually, I was curious what it does myself when I saw it included in the latest version ZaZ but forgot to remove it after that. By the way, I'm adding toilets(buckets) to the mining room now which slaves are allowed to use during the breaks. So, I suppose keeping the item after using the toilet for a while might be a good idea after all.

Follow up post about the hair.  I'm also using Apachii Hair and my characters head was shaved, so I don't know if custom hairs are the problem.

Thanks for the input! Then it should be one of those Skyrim mysteries which have been causing all sorts of other inexplicable inconsistencies and problems...

I'll try to test it using Apachii hair myself before I make the next alpha release.

I don't see any effect from the drip effect, but, y'know. Wonder why my hair stayed?

The animation plays only occasionally and it might be hard to see in a certain place where it's too bright.

Just tried this out and must say i like it a LOT! Has a very good atmosphere to it. Everything seemed to work well when i played it unshaved. Strangely when playing shaved the branding was on BEFORE the actual branding. Apart from that shaved worked just as well (i use ponytail HDT hair). Amn looking forward for more of this stuff!

Just tried this out and must say i like it a LOT! Has a very good atmosphere to it. Everything seemed to work well when i played it unshaved. Strangely when playing shaved the branding was on BEFORE the actual branding. Apart from that shaved worked just as well (i use ponytail HDT hair). Amn looking forward for more of this stuff!

Glad to know you've enjoyed the alpha version. I can't reproduce the branding issue myself, so it might be helpful if others could confirm this problem or look into the papyrus log for possible error messages.

======================================================================

Status Update

I've been busy with real life works, so there's not much of changes I can report. However, there are a few things worth mentioning which I've been working on recently :

(1) I'm trying to add a bucket toilet in the mining room which can be used by the player and other slaves during the breaks.

It's using Leito's peeing animation, but for some reason the enter/exit animations did not work. For this problem, I'm waiting for help from the author.

Optional integration with PrivateNeeds seems to be not much of a trouble, so it'll be included as a separate addon later.

(2) The current weapon used in punishments will be replaced by the one from Paradise Hall, because the impact decal of the latter looks much more realistic. I've contacted the author and he kindly gave me the permission to use his work.

(3) I'm evaluating various ideas of how and where to place the feeding scene. I have couple of ideas but some of them will require custom animations, and others seem to require some serious scripting works.

And the integration with other survival mods seem to be harder than I initially thought, because none of them provide source code so I can only guess the internals. I've looked into only TRO Basic Needs so far, and in this case at least making a separate addon seems to be a viable idea.

I just hope they don't hook up to eating animations, because we'll possibly use our own version. I really don't like to use the vanilla animations here, because making slaves stand up and drink from a cup doesn't look quite right.

I'll let you know and ask for your opinions when I'm determined about how to do the feeding scene.

Still no luck with peeing animation. Maybe I should revert back to the one that's included in ZaZ.

However, I've created a feeding animation myself. Seems I screwed up with ankles so they look bit unnatural, but I'm too lazy to redo everything :blush:

Slaves will be led to the dining area and while guards are eating from tables, they'll be fed from troughs while hands are bound.

Maybe I should create a separate hands free version later, because there's a water trough in the cell also, but slaves are not supposed to wear wrist cuffs there.

post-614671-0-38778700-1417243143_thumb.png

post-614671-0-94711500-1417243159_thumb.png

The only problem I¨ve run into is the fact that there is some issue with the slave tattoos.

After the branding, my characters skin texture turn entirely blue, as in "no texture found" -blue (and of course no slave tattoos.)

I can fix this by opening showracemenu, change my character into another race and then back to my original race, which returns 

my skin textures as well as add the tattoos.

The same problem happens with the other slaves as well, but i can fix those by opening the console and use setrace to another race

and then back again (if I set them as the "wrong" race, they have hair, so I can figure out their original race by changing them until a race

with shaven head shows)

This issue then happens every time there is a ore count, as the ore count tattoos changes.

I could show some screenshots on how it looks if it helps, but I am unsure as to how load up screenshots on LL

The only problem I¨ve run into is the fact that there is some issue with the slave tattoos.

After the branding, my characters skin texture turn entirely blue, as in "no texture found" -blue (and of course no slave tattoos.)

I can fix this by opening showracemenu, change my character into another race and then back to my original race, which returns 

my skin textures as well as add the tattoos.

The same problem happens with the other slaves as well, but i can fix those by opening the console and use setrace to another race

and then back again (if I set them as the "wrong" race, they have hair, so I can figure out their original race by changing them until a race

with shaven head shows)

This issue then happens every time there is a ore count, as the ore count tattoos changes.

I could show some screenshots on how it looks if it helps, but I am unsure as to how load up screenshots on LL

Hit 'more reply options' instead of just typing in the quick reply. There is an attachment field on the bottom. Once it is uploaded, press "Add to Post".

post-155791-0-25753800-1417274493_thumb.jpg

post-155791-0-04679000-1417274596_thumb.jpg

Still no luck with peeing animation. Maybe I should revert back to the one that's included in ZaZ.

However, I've created a feeding animation myself. Seems I screwed up with ankles so they look bit unnatural, but I'm too lazy to redo everything :blush:

Slaves will be led to the dining area and while guards are eating from tables, they'll be fed from troughs while hands are bound.

Maybe I should create a separate hands free version later, because there's a water trough in the cell also, but slaves are not supposed to wear wrist cuffs there.

Perhaps the troughs could be in the mining area so they eat with hands bound there, but for the last meal they are led to the living area and unbound and can eat and drink with their hands there. Assuming that area is locked up, no reason to have their hands bound there. As a bonus, saves you the trouble of getting everyone to march back and forth more than once.

Unless you're only planning on one meal a day.

Perhaps the troughs could be in the mining area so they eat with hands bound there, but for the last meal they are led to the living area and unbound and can eat and drink with their hands there. Assuming that area is locked up, no reason to have their hands bound there. As a bonus, saves you the trouble of getting everyone to march back and forth more than once.

Unless you're only planning on one meal a day.

Currently, slaves have their hands free in the mining area because they need to wield a pickaxe. The player's also bound when she's branded, but unbound again in the safe area when she's given a pickaxe.

That's why I couldn't just use ZaZ's iron black cuffs, which looks better IMO than the current restraints, because I can't apply them separately to wrists and ankles. By the way, wrists of the smelter slave are tied in the mining area, which is a glitch and should be fixed later.

I've considered to give them meals at the mining area, but I liked the trough idea a bit more. One of the idea was to let the guard throw some potatoes or breads in the random direction there, so the player's supposed to run to catch it competing with other slaves.

Maybe I could try that in the dining area also, but considering there's little free space there, I'm not sure if it's feasible.

On the other hands, I'm also considering to give the player some options to earn additional food besides what is given according to her mining performance. Like, winning a brawl with another slave, or perform some sex act (maybe with a dog?) to entertain the dining guards.

one of the pics is taken from if i only change the facial data but not the race. As you see, the head turns normal, but the body doesnt.

attachicon.gifotherslav.png

attachicon.gifblueskin.png

edit:

oh dear me. 

I´ve forgotten to install slavetats havent I?

/embarrased

That looks strangely artistic, aren't they? :)

Anyway, I'm glad that you've found the cause!

That looks strangely artistic, aren't they? :)

Anyway, I'm glad that you've found the cause!

Well, probably. 

I'm gonna start a new character and hold of with further Slaves of Tamriel until you have added some more stuff to it, so we will have to see if the issue persists at a later date.

As it is now what I want from Slaves of Tamriel is a way out.  Aither by fleeing, being sold (or ransomed by a Jarl in case you have become a Thane)

or rescued by your followers...

One idea I had would be that after a certain amount of ore mined you get ordered to be the one sent in to a new shaft, but there is a cave in (effectively preventing the guards to follow you) and from there you get to crawl thru a dungeon where you can find some rusty gear and find a way out, maybe somewhere close to Helgen in case you are using it as some sort of alternate start.

omg I love that!  :o  :D 

Well done!

On the other hands, I'm also considering to give the player some options to earn additional food besides what is given according to her mining performance. Like, winning a brawl with another slave, or perform some sex act (maybe with a dog?) to entertain the dining guards.

Maybe force the slave to dance for the guards?