Outfit Studio conversion; Arm Bug

Pheade

Hello friends!

So I used the conversion process from The-Site-Which-Shall-Not-Be-Named here: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1281867-os-tutorial-anything-to-anything-conversion/ 

to make the Fox41 armor fit Sevenbase Bombshell. Overall the process went smoothly, but when I tested it in game, I got a bizarre left-arm malformation

Can anyone at all tell me what exactly went wrong here?

Any help at all would be tremendously appreciated!!

Regards,

Pheade

post-34303-0-77694700-1416131132_thumb.jpg

It could be one of two problems that I can think of right off the top of my head.

1. Stray weight painting that needs to be removed.

or 2. Mesh list order out of sync between the 0 and 1 nif files.

For Problem 1:

Load the item as an Outfit In Outfit Studio then flip over to the Bones in the Top Right Panel (default lists the meshes).

Now go down threw each bone and look for any that have weight painting on the left arm that should not be there.

Looks like probably Spine or Spine 2 (close to the bottom of the bone list).

Once you find the bone that the stray weight painting is coming from hold the "ALT" key and click and drag the mouse over the arm.

This should remove the stray weight painting.

Do this for both the High and low  weights and then test it again in game.

For Problem 2

In OS double check the list order of the meshes and make sure they are the same between the 0 and 1 nif files.

I had an issue where I had 2 meshes reverse between the 0 and 1 and ended up with strange deformations in the game.

I ended up having to rebuild one of the nif files to correct it.

But it is possible to load the nif file in nifscope and highlight the mesh that needs to be moved and then hold down Ctrl and arrow up or arrow down (all depending on if it needs to go higher or lower in the nif file).

Also Check the Mesh names between the 0 and 1 nifs (just to be safe).

Hello Btn2k3!

Thanks for your welcome advice; unfortunatly I know nothing about actual weight painting. I did look at OS and investigate the weight paint values for both the _0 and _1.nifs, but I can't tell if anything is actually out of place. I just don't know what color should be appropriate. 

I don't know if this helps or not, but I opened both .nif files in NifSkope and the arm contortion is present in both files.

Is there anything else I can do, or any resources I could research to better what the correct weight paints should look like?

Thank you so much for your help,

Regards, 

Pheade

You can also just use NifSkope to copy/paste the entire body shape from a working NIF to yours. As long as you didn't change the actual body shape in Outfit Studio, this should work without clipping.

1.) Open both a working NIF and yours in NifSkope.

2.) Delete the body NiTriShape branch of your NIF.

3.) Make sure the root nodes of both NIFs have the same name (Scene Root).

4.) Use CTRL+C on the NiTriShape of the working body in the working NIF.

5.) Keep the working NIF opened and switch to your NIFs window.

6.) Use CTRL+V.

7.) Save.

Or Load the body as the reference in OS and load the outfit as an outfit...

Then delete the body in the outfit and follow it up by doing a duplicate shape on the reference body.

Then fix any clipping and export the new nif file.

I like to do it in OS, because I can do a "copy bone weight" in OS to the other parts.

Cause if the outfit has one weighting and the reference shape has another... welll somethings will probably bounce thru on movement.

• 1 month later...

Archived