RaceMenu V3.2.5B

Expired, I found another problem:

There are two vertices behind the left ear of the (vanilla) female head mesh which are affected by the extra sliders. They are popping out real ugly. I just tested and found that following sliders surely move these vertices:

nose sellion width
nose tilt
cheek shape
jaw shape
eyelid open
eye angle
lips open
mouth smile (this one really does it)
mouth width 2

but there are probably more.

So no need to use the sculpt mode, this happens even if you never go to that tab. I believe this also happens with the current stable version of RaceMenu.

Screenshots:

post-23668-0-78677400-1419244093_thumb.jpg post-23668-0-22294300-1419244493_thumb.jpg

The only problem I have so far is, that exporting the head meshes seams to safe the neck seam in different configurations sometimes. I am always using the same body (CBBE Bodyslide Body) and the same head.nif (CITRUS). I never changed the neck at the body, nor at the head, but different exported heads have different necks. Some are bigger, some are smaller. I may thought at first, that it might be of different body weights, but changing that option did not help. The neck from some exported heads is always too big, never too small. 

I would guess, I am doing something wrong, but I dunno what. I can take a look if I can get some screenshots if they are needed, but that could take a while. 

Anyway, just wanted to leave a small report here. 

Besides that, I am really pleased with the new RaceMenu! Thanks for your work expired! :)

Then there's your answer. You can't change head parts while a vampire, I go into detail of why this occurs in the RaceMenu Nexus comments. This is a vanilla problem; also why the sculptor in Riften tells you to fuck off if you are a vampire.

Dammit then there is no fix? Shit that sucks thanks for letting me know.

You can do it with Vampiric Thirst though (make sure you get the right version, there's a vanilla one and a dawnguard one). You can switch between vampire appearance and normal non-vamp appearance. Just switch to normal, perform your edits and then switch back, it should work IIRC.

You can't import the actual presets, but you can export your entire ECE head, or the one of any pretty follower/NPC, and import it into your own RaceMenu character/preset. It will be stored there as if the shape you imported was a slider morph.

Thanks for the info.

Guess when i have the time, i will give beta3 a try and see if i can import this: -Tania Project- Playable Race for ECE and RM.

Hopefully gonna return with positive results.

P.S.: Has been a long time since i used ECE - the presets with YGNord should be compatible with Nord (or even any race) after uninstalling ECE and importing the head into RM?

- It would be good if it would be possible to toggle the light and zoom in-out in sculpt mode and maybe in preset mode, too.

As long as I'm not using any common keys already this shouldn't be too difficult.

- Panning the head in the 3D window in sculpt mode.

This is not really possible at this time, the internal camera is setup around an imaginary sphere, I'm not sure what'll happen if I try to move the sphere, if it can even be moved.

- The history is a great function, but it sometimes makes too much history entries and it is difficult to see which are the related activities.

Hover over the entry, it tells you what part you are edited, it creates one entry per action, two if mirror is enabled and is per editable mesh. Consolidating them is far too much work at this point. Not to mention not even worth it, I'd rather have more history than less.

- The brush tool is too strong even on the lowest setting (0.01). I tried to fix some vertices around the nose but it is very hard. On the other hand the maximum setting (5) is overkill.

Which brushes in particular? Or all of them? Raising the precision is possible, just I'm not sure how useful it's going to be at 10x more. Smooth already barely does anything at 0.01, I imagine the other brushes could use finer precision anyway.

- Vampire skin support. I've been adding my custom modification to Race Menu because I would like my vampire characters' skin to look like just like without Race Menu. In short what I do is adding this in the second line (right after "int i = 0") of LoadTints function in racemenu.psc:

If Game.GetPlayer().HasKeyword(Vampire)

i = 1

EndIf

So some official support with conditional working would be nice. Although this would require are a Skyrim.esm dependent esm file.

This is not at all a fix and will not have any official support. It's likely to be overwritten when you reload your game by the other load tint functions. The load tint function isn't there to deliberately overwrite the shitty vampire skin color, it's there to update all of your tints, including warpaints, makeup, and pretty much everything else related to the face.

The vampire skin color is not independent because the SKSE function that writes to the internal tints writes to both the overlays and the standard list. The overlays list is only created when you become a vampire, this is where the skin is explicitly assigned to whatever your race's overlay skin tint color is. Meaning if you made a blue nord, and became a vampire, you're not going to be a pale blue nord vampire, you're going to be a white nord vampire, or whatever the race has it set as. 

This would be better to fix at script-level change side (i.e. a vampire mod), where it stores your original skin tint, calculates a new skin color, then writes it to the tint list, and broadcasts a change to RM via RSM_RequestSaveTint (would have to double check this even name in RM) event this way you could calculate a vampiric skin color based on HSV calculation of your original skin color, as opposed to some arbitrary color not dependent on your original skin.

Edit:

- When I try to overwrite a preset in the new preset file manager, I click on the preset file. This however still creates a new file.

This is just because it doesn't set the text field when you click on something, not hard to fix.

Edit 2:

- I'm having some trouble inflating/deflating/moving the brows area. The problem is that this area is made from two meshes. I enable the edit mode on the brows mesh, and use deflate for example. But the vertices move separately, even though they were together before the action. This leads to clipping which requires a second step to fix. I think the solution for this would be to check which vertices are very near in different editable meshes and if there are vertices then apply the same transformation on them.

This is going to happen anyway if the face mesh and the brow mesh don't have the exact number of vertices in the same place, I think for the vanilla head this isn't an issue because the brow is literally just a stripped version of the face. You'll notice this can still happen if you use the move tool, which does move all vertices for all meshes in a uniform manner. 

Inflate and deflate move along an average of the hit vertex normals, and for both meshes they may not have the same vertex normals. What you're suggesting would be more like the move tool but orthogonal to the view plane, I would suggest just using the move tools instead and turning your view 90 degrees so that moving left moves it outward.

The brushes and strokes are not aware of other meshes, they are all independent of each other, the move tool moves them by the same amount because the vertices are not moved by values dependent on the mesh, they are moved by fraction of the distance you've moved the cursor, and in what direction you've done so.

There are two vertices behind the left ear of the (vanilla) female head mesh which are affected by the extra sliders. They are popping out real ugly. I just tested and found that following sliders 

I dont intend to fix any of the morphs themselves. I never made these in the first place, worst case you fix them in sculpt mode.

The only problem I have so far is, that exporting the head meshes seams to safe the neck seam in different configurations sometimes.

Any time you change your characters weight it's going to export out at whatever the neck seam for that weight is. When importing you just mask add the neck area then import it and it will ignore the neck seam. I haven't decided whether to make it possible to save masks, this might be useful to prevent having to draw on the mesh to mask the neck all the time.

Guess when i have the time, i will give beta3 a try and see if i can import this: -Tania Project- Playable Race for ECE and RM.

Hopefully gonna return with positive results.

I've tested it myself on the actual follower, you don't need to use any TRI files or any custom races or anything like that, you can literally just throw the head mesh of the follower from FaceGenData into Data/SKSE/Plugins/CharGen/ and then import it with the neck seam masked. You will get the exact geometry; whether it actually looks like her is dependent on other variables like your installed textures, eyes, hair, etc, which don't have anything to do with RM.

Expired, I found another problem:

There are two vertices behind the left ear of the (vanilla) female head mesh which are affected by the extra sliders. They are popping out real ugly. I just tested and found that following sliders surely move these vertices:

nose sellion width

nose tilt

cheek shape

jaw shape

eyelid open

eye angle

lips open

mouth smile (this one really does it)

mouth width 2

but there are probably more.

So no need to use the sculpt mode, this happens even if you never go to that tab. I believe this also happens with the current stable version of RaceMenu.

Screenshots:

attachicon.gifear_bug.jpg attachicon.gifear_bug2.jpg

This. I had this anomaly for such a long time, never knew what caused it just tried to ignore! :D

I've tested it myself on the actual follower, you don't need to use any TRI files or any custom races or anything like that, you can literally just throw the head mesh of the follower from FaceGenData into Data/SKSE/Plugins/CharGen/ and then import it with the neck seam masked. You will get the exact geometry; whether it actually looks like her is dependent on other variables like your installed textures, eyes, hair, etc, which don't have anything to do with RM.

Just updated to the latest RM beta3 + XPMSE 2.32.

Wow - the new features are awesome :)

Anyways, first problem - the mod i linked is not the Tania follower, but an optimized YGnord preset made from that follower. It doesn't contain any facegendata.

I guess this can't be transferred that easily without installing all the ECE stuff that comes with the mod? Would really prefer this version because it has some things like symmetrical-ized headshape and such.

Next i took the link to the original follower, extracted the .bsa and imported the head.

post-134589-0-73161900-1419294220_thumb.jpg

How does the neck seam smoothing work? Or does it also need the femalehead.nif from the original somewhere?

edit:

Alright, figured out how to mask the neck, installed & exported the playable race and successfully imported that after deinstalling the race.

Any suggestions how to prevent the neck getting so blocky on import?

edit#2:

See my next post.

I'd like to second the request for panning of the Sculpt window. I'd like to think I gave the sculpt function a decent go at this time, and I think this is pretty much the only real complaint I have with it. When doing minute, per vertex edits (for say editing eyelid shape or something of the sort) using the Move brush, (radius +/- 0.1, intensity 0.01, mirror off), it can get very tedious in some places because even at maximum zoom you have a lot of trouble just seeing what you're trying to edit.

I'd also second the request for small values for the Inflate and Deflate brush I suppose, although except for what I just said it's already possible to do minute edits with the smooth and move brushes at minimal intensity.

Other than that I'd also suggest adding a circle to see which area your brush's radius will affect, because as it is it pretty much involves making a bogus edit and insta-cancelling it to figure it out.

Anyway, I'd like to give a pretty massive thank you for your update, even the import / export head functions alone (which I confess I didn't properly try yet but plan to very soon) are something huge. You've definitely buried ECE there, and I think we can safely say that save for live ingame sculpting of the whole body (which frankly I doubt would even be very useful), pretty much anything goes as far as character creation is concerned in Skyrim with your mod. Hopefully the users' creativity will live up to the possibilities of the framework you've given them  ; )

Mmkay... do-it-yourself then :)

post-134589-0-29335600-1419306947_thumb.jpgpost-134589-0-98989400-1419307064_thumb.jpgpost-134589-0-39048400-1419307112_thumb.jpg

post-134589-0-21739000-1419307161_thumb.jpgpost-134589-0-10275500-1419307166_thumb.jpgpost-134589-0-45712200-1419307171_thumb.jpg

Pics from the follower version with the assymetrical face.

I fixed the blocky neck by doubling the radius of the mask brush. Also increased the head size slider a bit for a more natural look.

Gotta say that i'm quite pleased with the result, thanks for the hint with the head import.

But oh well, it's always the same with those anime ECE presets. As soon as they don't look straight into the camera, the whole character gets lost:

post-134589-0-88842900-1419307414_thumb.jpg

Turn it more to the side, and it looks like the Angel or Shojo Race for Fallout. It also doesn't capture emotions very well, and there's some blockiness around the nose. Would the CITRUS heads improve that? Sounds like a lot of work to make them work with everything.

Camera panning likely wont happen for awhile, the internal camera just isnt designed for this.

Drawing a circle in-mesh is pretty much impossible so that's not happening either. You're stuck with guesswork until I can figure something out for that, its very difficult to draw non-mesh primitives in a 3d space and have them comply with depths of other objects. I tried rendering a spherical mesh but this turned out terrible as it was only reliably visible at certain angles. Drawing something ontop is pretty much useless as well as it gives no reliable indication of brush size without being transformed by the world, view, and projection matrices.

RaceMenu V3B17

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxcCUXFKD04_Nm41aFNmNTNldlU/view?usp=sharing

Changes

-Slider precision now configurable via ini

Note: There are no internal default values for sliders yet so make sure you replace your chargen.ini

Please post back with some settings you found to be the best so that they can be implemented as the internal and ini defaults.

I dunno if it was reported. Familiar Faces don't work with RaceMenu V3B13 for Khajiits Race. When I generated the my cat player the statue turned out to be Nord. Should still work with human races though.

Neither the gender nor race is up to RM to decide, this is on Familiar Faces. Only the facial information is managed by RM for Familiar Faces, if the race isn't correct the facial information isn't going to work anyway.

The only problem I have so far is, that exporting the head meshes seams to safe the neck seam in different configurations sometimes.

Any time you change your characters weight it's going to export out at whatever the neck seam for that weight is. When importing you just mask add the neck area then import it and it will ignore the neck seam. I haven't decided whether to make it possible to save masks, this might be useful to prevent having to draw on the mesh to mask the neck all the time.

But why does an exported head from 100 weight not fit on a body with 100 weight? I mean, I could understand if the neck don't fit with a 0 weight body, but if I use the same weights? I mean, for me there are as said just some exports that have a way too big neck. I never changed the body nor the head mesh. 

The head i imported on that Tania race/follower had the neck gap at both 0 and 100 weight. Did you try masking the 2 bottom rows of the neck before importing the head?

And saving masks would be a good idea. Still amazed how good the functionality of this sculpt tool is, given that Skyrim is essentially a console shooter.

There are two vertices behind the left ear of the (vanilla) female head mesh which are affected by the extra sliders. They are popping out real ugly. I just tested and found that following sliders 

I dont intend to fix any of the morphs themselves. I never made these in the first place, worst case you fix them in sculpt mode.

Nooo, it cannot remain like that. :)

You know what? I fixed it for you. :P

corrected_morphs.zip

Things which were changed:

The culprit was Nuska's femaleheadchargen.tri.

Most of the morph targets had some rogue vertices around the left ear, the corner of the nose and on the mouth. I fixed the following morph targets by hand:

NSK_SellionWidthLower

NSK_SellionWidthUpper

NSK_NoseTiltLower

NSK_NoseTiltUpper

NSK_CheekShapeLower

NSK_CheekShapeUpper

NSK_JawShapeLower

NSK_NoseBridgeLower

NSK_NoseBridgeUpper

NSK_NoseWidthUpper

NSK_EyelidOpenLower

NSK_EyelidOpenUpper

NSK_BrowAngleLower

NSK_BrowAngleUpper

NSK_LipsOpenUpper

NSK_MouthSmileLower

NSK_MouthSmileUpper

NSK_MouthWidthLower

NSK_MouthWidthUpper

NSK_ElfEarUpper

Please post back with some settings you found to be the best so that they can be implemented as the internal and ini defaults.

I think you nailed it by adding these ultra small increments in the sliders. Minimal values do pretty much nothing, and thats how it should be in my opinion so you can do accurate edits easily. I think it's a bit difficult to know what defaults should be, because it really depends on what the user is intending to do, but I'd say put the default intensity values of Move at 0.002 (radius at around 0.15 if it's for moving vertices one-by-one), Inflate/Deflate at 0.001/0.002 and the rest is really fine as it is. Hopefully you get more inputs, people who use the Sculpt function in other ways might tell you different.

Hey,

I've just installed RaceMenu v3B15 and I thought that you might want to have some bug reports. But first of all: congrats on the update, it is coming along really well!

Bug: Names too long

Type: Visuals / UI

Severity: low

Description: I'm using the german translation of race menu. Since german is a language that tends to have rather lengthy words (i.e. many letters), a *lot* of the slider descriptions clip into the slider, which makes it hard to read.

Proposed solution: Why not make the entire race menu window a bit wider and give it more screen real-estate? Imho it could be 10% or even 20% wider, no problem. Also, line-breaks for slider names might be an option (albeit not a very pretty one).

Bug: Resetting slider values is difficult

Type: Usability

Description: When experimenting sliders, I often find myself thinking "well... actually I liked the default better" and then fiddle with the slider to get it back to the default value. This is especially difficult if the slider default is somewhere in the middle of the slider range.

Proposed solution: Double-clicking on a slider could reset it. Also, hovering above a slider and receiving input from the numpad could adjust the slider to that value (numeric input would be a welcome addition anyways).

Bug: Camera adjustment is wrong when turning the camera

Type: UI

Description: When going into camera mode in race menu, then holding down ALT and pressing A or D causes the character to abruptly turn 90 degrees to his/her left. This seems to happen only for the first camera move event.

Proposed solution: My guess would be that some rotation vector is not properly initialized in code, or simply off by 90 degrees.

Bug: Genitals slider values do not load correctly after loading a game

Type: Save/Load issue

Severity: high

Description: If you enter non-default values for genitals length and thickness on every related slider, exit out of race menu by accepting the changes, hitting F5 to save the game, completely exit out of Skyrim, launch it again and load the quick save, then the genital sliders are still in the right position, but the model itself is distorted and does not correspond to the sliders anymore. This has been tested using SOS light and SOS equipable schlong on a CBBE body.

Proposed solution: Try to reproduce it. To me it feels like some offset and/or size calculations are really buggy and behaving in a weird way when manipulating both genital size and thickness.

Bug: Genital size and thickness sliders do not play nice with each other and sometimes give weird and unpredictable results.

Type: Slider / mesh deformation issue

Description: Closely related to the previous one. Sometimes a minimal change on one slider can have *drastic* effects on the mesh, especially after the loading bug has occurred.

Proposed solution: see previous

Hope this helps. Please keep up the good work, I love the mesh brushes!

Alan

The head i imported on that Tania race/follower had the neck gap at both 0 and 100 weight. Did you try masking the 2 bottom rows of the neck before importing the head?

And saving masks would be a good idea. Still amazed how good the functionality of this sculpt tool is, given that Skyrim is essentially a console shooter.

I missread your answer, Expired, sorry. 

You two are absolutely right. Masking the neck before importing helps. 

Still wondering why the neck difference happened at all, cause as already said, I saved the head at 100 weight and imported it on 100 weight, and the gap still appeared. But well, I can fix it, so I am happy. ^^'' 

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Bug: Names too long

Type: Visuals / UI

Description: I'm using the german translation of race menu. Since german is a language that tends to have rather lengthy words (i.e. many letters), a *lot* of the slider descriptions clip into the slider, which makes it hard to read.

Proposed solution: Why not make the entire race menu window a bit wider and give it more screen real-estate? Imho it could be 10% or even 20% wider, no problem. Also, line-breaks for slider names might be an option (albeit not a very pretty one).

Panel is already too wide as it is especially on crap resolutions, text can have autoshrink enabled when it gets too long, I suppose shrinking in font size is better than not being able to see it behind the slider.

Bug: Resetting slider values is difficult

Type: Usability

Severity: low

Description: When experimenting sliders, I often find myself thinking "well... actually I liked the default better" and then fiddle with the slider to get it back to the default value. This is especially difficult if the slider default is somewhere in the middle of the slider range.

Proposed solution: Double-clicking on a slider could reset it. Also, hovering above a slider and receiving input from the numpad could adjust the slider to that value (numeric input would be a welcome addition anyways).

Double clicking the slider itself might be odd, most elements are really only able to do single click. I could add a small indicator you could click to reset it, or an additional key.

Bug: Camera adjustment is wrong when turning the camera

Type: UI

Severity: low

Description: When going into camera mode in race menu, then holding down ALT and pressing A or D causes the character to abruptly turn 90 degrees to his/her left. This seems to happen only for the first camera move event.

Proposed solution: My guess would be that some rotation vector is not properly initialized in code, or simply off by 90 degrees.

I don't have this on the first rotation, I have this if I go to the camera and start changing values, then use the original zoom feature, which resets state, rotation should always be relative to what the current rotation is but I can take another look to see what went wrong.

By relative I mean it acquires the current rotation, adds X degrees, then writes it and updates it. I imagine what the underlying problem is the local state doesn't actually match the world state, causing a jerk when it actually gets updated. If this is actually the case there isn't really much I can do about it since it's acquiring the rotation right from the engine.

Bug: Genitals slider values do not load correctly after loading a game

Type: Save/Load issue

Severity: high

Description: If you enter non-default values for genitals length and thickness on every related slider, exit out of race menu by accepting the changes, hitting F5 to save the game, completely exit out of Skyrim, launch it again and load the quick save, then the genital sliders are still in the right position, but the model itself is distorted and does not correspond to the sliders anymore. This has been tested using SOS light and SOS equipable schlong on a CBBE body.

Proposed solution: Try to reproduce it. To me it feels like some offset and/or size calculations are really buggy and behaving in a weird way when manipulating both genital size and thickness.

Bug: Genital size and thickness sliders do not play nice with each other and sometimes give weird and unpredictable results.

Type: Slider / mesh deformation issue

Description: Closely related to the previous one. Sometimes a minimal change on one slider can have *drastic* effects on the mesh, especially after the loading bug has occurred.

Proposed solution: see previous

Neither of these are a priority for me. Anything genital related is not official RM content so it is not my responsibility to fix. However XPMSE does use the NiOverride API for reloading transformation data, this API does not have any such bugs on its own. What's likely happening is you have some other mod using the basic SKSE NetImmerse transformation functions which are by nature conflicting, you'll need to get rid of that mod. The NiOverride transformation API uses key based transformations to handle multiple mods altering the same node. The SKSE functions do not care if other mods are altering the same node, the order of which mod alters first is ambiguous, this would explain the odd results.

I believe XPMSE comes with some plugin that replaces the original quests that manage the scales by NetImmerse scripts with a dummy quest to ensure that this doesn't happen. In any case you should see the XPMSE thread.

@expired6978

Spent a good deal of time with the head import - yes a "save mask" option is direly needed :P

Since you can't really apply a mask with longer hairstyles, you always have to switch back and forth to remove the hair, import the head, add hair to check how the character will look, then repeat this ad infinitum for every time you enter the sculptor.

-------

And not as a request, just out of curiosity:

What happened to the planned feature about editing NPCs in RaceMenu? To apply overlays, etc.

@expired6978

Spent a good deal of time with the head import - yes a "save mask" option is direly needed :P

Since you can't really apply a mask with longer hairstyles, you always have to switch back and forth to remove the hair, import the head, add hair to check how the character will look, then repeat this ad infinitum for every time you enter the sculptor.

-------

And not as a request, just out of curiosity:

What happened to the planned feature about editing NPCs in RaceMenu? To apply overlays, etc.

What does hair have to do with the masks? I don't understand. Most custom hair isn't editable because they don't have valid tri files, and mismatching hairstyles during import does nothing anyway (so there's no need to mask it). Masks only apply to things that can be edited (since if it's not editable no operation can be done on it), unless it's vanilla hair, hair isn't one of those things.

Editing NPCs is part of the CosmeticMenu API, which is included in UIExtensions. The only way to actually open the menu is by using EFF since no other mod accesses the menu. The current release doesn't really work that well, I haven't put out a new version because RM3 is still beta.

Theoretically sculpting could work on unique NPCs directly without needing Familiar Faces, but I haven't tried it yet, and I don't really have any desire to do so anyhow.

The biggest downside is that during the CosmeticMenu the engine is more 'paused' than is in the real RaceSexMenu, so often times you may not even see changes until you exit the menu, which makes editing quite difficult. For sculpt mode you would still have the live preview however, just I don't know if the changes to the face would even be visible. Not to mention the camera is still focused around you, not the NPC.

Just noticed that we can toggle visibility for all headparts in the sculpt editor. Nice! :)

I was switching between sculpt and hair tabs all the time, a bit moronic but i installed RM b3 only 1,5 days ago and never used the sculpt feature in 2.x.

And i understand the issues with editing NPCs, thanks for your descriptive info on this matter.