RaceMenu V3.2.5B

I think all the new things are fantastic. I do like that things are being broken up easily. However. I already miss the overlays tab being separate from the other menus. Instead of one button press to get to the warpaints (makeup), it takes 4-5.  And everything being on the same screen with smaller icons.

I think all the new things are fantastic. I do like that things are being broken up easily. However. I already miss the overlays tab being separate from the other menus. Instead of one button press to get to the warpaints (makeup), it takes 4-5.  And everything being on the same screen with smaller icons.

Changes had to be made to support custom categories (since you couldn't add more icons, nor could you show more of them in the limit space that was there). Overlays were separated because the old category list (an asset from SkyUI) had 'segments' which split the list in two visually, but was still the same list. The new category list I rewrote doesn't have this feature nor could it because everything would end up in the second segment which is undesirable.

I can make the scroll wheel scroll the list, should make navigation quicker.

Changes had to be made to support custom categories (since you couldn't add more icons, nor could you show more of them in the limit space that was there). Overlays were separated because the old category list (an asset from SkyUI) had 'segments' which split the list in two visually, but was still the same list. The new category list I rewrote doesn't have this feature nor could it because everything would end up in the second segment which is undesirable.

I can change the visual representation so that it always shows as much as possible instead of the empty left-hand side and right-hand side when you are at the list boundaries.

Nah it's okay. :3 I know why you are doing it, change just sometimes takes me a bit to get used to  :D

Don't look, it's pointless rhetoric >.<

And while we're at it, why is it when I put in a new overlay my entire thing goes bonkers? (Purely rhetorical)  The makeup section looses all buttons, and my overlays numbers in all tabs drop. (from 303 before adding the new one to just 6 of one I hadn't even messed with and that's in the body paints) Still rhetorical, lol. I can usually fix it with a reinstall here and a reinstall there as long as racemenu is reinstalled last but it's such a pain because I have to be so meticulous about where they sit in the mod order and load order because of some overrides of eachother and racemenu. I can't put them below racemenu in the mod order because there's a few that override racemenus load.pex so the loose scripts don't even work in that case, .... meh.. it's just me getting this all out. Don't pay attention to the crazy girl behind the curtain. :lol:  

I made the scroll wheel move the list, scrolling down moves right, scrolling up moves left in next version. Makes navigating the categories a lot faster once you get used to the direction it's going, it can be jarring if you go the opposite direction since it will wrap around.

Edit: Removed the wrap around if you are scrolling list with wheel, wrap around still occurs with keyboard or controller.

RM V3B4

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxcCUXFKD04_UkhLMzk1cHh2ajg/view?usp=sharing

Changes

-Brush data is now displayed in a small window near history with sliders

-Brushes are now selected with up and down

-Brush properties are altered with left and right on their respective sliders

-Move tool now acts like a brush instead of requiring the mask

-Mask tool is now actually a mask, all vertices covered by the mask are ignored by brushes

R2EBtdw.jpg

Not sure if you already did that but it would be nice to have camera move while key is pressed not on key press if you know what i mean. Also starting moving camera speed should be in the middle of what you consider fast and slow. (I always had to increase the speed when using camera coz movement was to slow). Beside all that this is really becoming something great. :)

Not sure if you already did that but it would be nice to have camera move while key is pressed not on key press if you know what i mean. Also starting moving camera speed should be in the middle of what you consider fast and slow. (I always had to increase the speed when using camera coz movement was to slow). Beside all that this is really becoming something great. :)

Starting speed was raised, the code is already setup to do while it's held, I never figured out why it doesn't repeat. I'm not really concerned with it at the moment as the initial speed is significantly higher.

Just tried your latest beta. Lots of changes comparing to nexus version. I like most of it but i found some issues.

Good:

Camera is moving fast enough by default and while key is pressed.

Categories and category switching is great.

Presets  - i think this is perfect. (lots of informations)

Sculpting is wow. (possible)

Everything seems faster and without lag.

Bad:

Camera hotkeys are strange. Its difficult to hold LAlt for secondary actions while pressing ASDW keys. Puts thumb in unnatural position. Left shift (for little finger) or spacebar (for thumb) would be lot better. E and TAB are used for changing movement rate. I noticed that ESC key lowers the rate as well. E and Q would be better options.

Categories - my only complaint here would be order of things. when using racemenu usualy everyone starts by choosing race and gender after that all other things, but this isnt really a complaint now when things got lot faster and All category doesnt lag as it used to.

I tried some basics with sculpting and noticed that when you use move modifier and drag center of nose to the left its moving it to the right (in wireframe wiew window) while in "reality" (default game window) it is moved left. up and down works correctly.

History is great but works only on sculpt and camera tabs. if you click on presets or sliders by accident all history is lost without warning.

And finaly after losing history few times (by jumping from sculpt to sliders or presets and back) and finishing and naming character game crashed. Im not sure why this happened. This could be on my end.

Camera hotkeys are strange. Its difficult to hold LAlt for secondary actions while pressing ASDW keys. Puts thumb in unnatural position. Left shift (for little finger) or spacebar (for thumb) would be lot better. E and TAB are used for changing movement rate. I noticed that ESC key lowers the rate as well. E and Q would be better options.

That's probably just a result of your bindings, secondary action I believe is Shift for me, it should be bound to Sprint. I guess Left Alt is the default sprint action, which pretty dumb anyway. Q isn't really an option, I don't think any game keys are bound to this.

Categories - my only complaint here would be order of things. when using racemenu usualy everyone starts by choosing race and gender after that all other things, but this isnt really a complaint now when things got lot faster and All category doesnt lag as it used to.

I've been planning on adding sort weights so that you can order categories by script, but this won't let you change the order of the static categories, it'll just let you place categories in between them.

I tried some basics with sculpting and noticed that when you use move modifier and drag center of nose to the left its moving it to the right (in wireframe wiew window) while in "reality" (default game window) it is moved left. up and down works correctly.

History is great but works only on sculpt and camera tabs. if you click on presets or sliders by accident all history is lost without warning.

I designed moving from the right side so that's why it probably moves in the opposite direction, it does an opposing direction thing because that's typically the behavior you would want for the mirrored side. I can probably fix this by inverting the direction if you start from the left side instead of the right.

Edit: Ok I see what you mean, the whole render of the mesh is flipped over. I fixed it, I think... I'm not even really sure WHY it was flipped.

There actually is a warning for losing your history, it shows at the bottom right if you hover over those tabs. It's intended this way because both of those sections can desync your facial state drastically with the internal representation, making all of your sculpting pointless anyway. Like for example if you loaded a different preset then went back to Sculpt mode, your face is now completely different, your Sculpt history has no meaning. It's much easier to erase everything and start over than it is to try to resync small changes from sliders.

And finaly after losing history few times (by jumping from sculpt to sliders or presets and back) and finishing and naming character game crashed. Im not sure why this happened. This could be on my end.

If you crashed at the very end of things (After naming) this can happen for other reasons I've never managed to debug since it happens so rarely, if you crashed while changing from only going from Sculpt to Sliders I would be more concerned.

I might just implement something like an autosave just before you exit where it creates a preset incase you do crash before finishing.

Edit: Well I took another look at the cleanup code, there was some leaking memory happening where the brushes wouldn't get deleted (it was calling it's parent's parent's deconstructor rather than just its parent's) which would result in not only multiple brushes and properties but also corrupt history, this shouldn't have crashed but it would certainly cause problems if you continued to use the history as it would be out of sync with the index values.

Yeah i changed sprinting to shift and now working with camera is lot better. Not sure what you mean by used keys but Q is favorites menu in game. Anyway few new discoveries:

There is no warning at the bottom right if i try to move from sculpt to presets or sliders. My guess is it should popup same way as it does when i mouse over toggle sections (editable wireframe shown/visible). Im not sure if this is not showing coz im playing game in low resolution...

Sculpting - mask add works, mask subtract doesn't. (if im not mistaken it should remove what mask add draws, instead - nothing happens.)

One time i had wireframe box frozen and not showing any changes, idk why that happened.

Edit: i figured out whats going on. Aparently you only get to use sculpt once per game for some reason. What im saying is wireframe window will work correctly first time you start the game, it will be frozen and show your old edit next time you start racemenu even if you start racemenu from other save and with character of oposite gender - wireframe window will still show your first edited character and in last edited position. Only way to fix this is restarting the game. This probably means you should empty sculpt data and force it to load new one or something like that every time racemenu is started. You know this things way better then i do.

Autosave might be good idea... you could reserve slot 50 for that.

Anyway crash happened once again after naming character but i still think it was on my part. I removed enb to make everything more responsive and game didnt crash. Out of 4 tries 2 times crashed 2 times not. It probably wont crash anymore now that it can breathe. Or maybe it crashed coz face was to deformed in a wrong way... ill try to create something ugly and see if it will crash again.

Edit: i created something really ugly and game didnt crash :D

RaceMenu V3B6

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxcCUXFKD04_QTBPaEMxT19rbnc/view?usp=sharing

Changes

-Function signature of AddCategory now includes 'priority' lower values higher in list (NOT USED YET)

-Fixed sculpt mode brush and history memory leak

-Fixed mirroring of render

-Fixed Move tool to not require a hit point while dragging (previous version would get stuck if you dragged beyond the mesh area)

Hey, so I just updated from the Alpha after coming back from holidays, and I've noticed the sliders have disappeared, just like when I was on NMM and had some of the load order apocalypse they have. I don't get why the sliders are blocked by some sort of plug in when I'm using MO, but I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the SOS and XPMSE plugins, anyone else has that kind of issue ? 

Hey, so I just updated from the Alpha after coming back from holidays, and I've noticed the sliders have disappeared, just like when I was on NMM and had some of the load order apocalypse they have. I don't get why the sliders are blocked by some sort of plug in when I'm using MO, but I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the SOS and XPMSE plugins, anyone else have that kind of issue ? 

Maybe sliders are still on holiday XD

Brilliant! Testing this out asap. And can't wait for the final release.

Expired, (or anyone else who might know also) I do have a quick question sort of related to the topic:

How on earth does one go about creating NEW .tri morphs for new head meshes which don't have an existing .tri to copy/edit? I've made some new higher poly meshes for my custom race and I want to create new .tri morphs and expression morphs since the geography of the face is rather drastically different to any vanilla head. There are some tuts around on how to copy and edit existing morphs, but not on creating new ones from scratch for high poly meshes. I'd like them to be compatible with RM and RM3 so thought it would be best to ask the master creator.

Cheers!
Love your work! Thank you for taking so much time to improve the gaming experience of total strangers :)

Brilliant! Testing this out asap. And can't wait for the final release.

Expired, (or anyone else who might know also) I do have a quick question sort of related to the topic:

How on earth does one go about creating NEW .tri morphs for new head meshes which don't have an existing .tri to copy/edit? I've made some new higher poly meshes for my custom race and I want to create new .tri morphs and expression morphs since the geography of the face is rather drastically different to any vanilla head. There are some tuts around on how to copy and edit existing morphs, but not on creating new ones from scratch for high poly meshes. I'd like them to be compatible with RM and RM3 so thought it would be best to ask the master creator.

Cheers!

Love your work! Thank you for taking so much time to improve the gaming experience of total strangers :)

You can't really copy morphs to another topology, you can only skin wrap and hope that your geometry faces are close enough such that they will get pulled with it.

I made a script awhile back that tries to solve this problem by loading all of the tri files into max as Morpher modifiers, then you place your mesh in the same space as the original mesh, add a skin wrap modifier, then hit transfer (I can't remember if I made it auto apply the skin wrap, I think not) and it'll apply each Morpher in sequence (and since skin wrap is on it'll attempt to drag the vertices within the threshold with it) and create a new Morpher on the target mesh, which can be exported back out as tri files using the same script.

This is a 3ds Max script, though since it's a max script it is more or less version independent

http://pastebin.com/WbWwwXpK

It should be possible to create a new tri by just creating a Morpher modifier with a channel (where the channel is the name of the morph) then doing Create TRI from Morphers (or something like that, it's been awhile).

blabba could give you more info on actually making a higher poly head, it's a difficult task simply because there are SO MANY morphs you need to make, and there WILL be manual adjustment required for many of them (the mouth crosses on itself and skin wrapping doesn't respond well to overlapping geometry).