[Deleted] Slaves of Tamriel (Please use the support thread instead)

Slaves of Tamriel

Nice work so far!

My question is how does this start up and how does it tie in with the game's story? It would be great if it integrated with DAYMOYL as there is some similar content there.

I haven't decided yet, but DAYMOYL would be my first choice as discussed earlier in this thread. If you have any ideas, please share your thoughts on the new support forum thread.

Guest Long John

@Slaves of Tamriel - It may be worth sending a PM to "skyrimll" about his upcoming update to SD+. The changes it makes may aid your project possibly even lighten your work load. Though would introduce new dependencies.

@Slaves of Tamriel - It may be worth sending a PM to "Skyrimll" about his upcomming update to SD+. The changes it makes may aid your project possibly even lighten your work load. Though would introduce new dependencies.

I'm very open to pursue such integration possibilities in future. But for now, I have certain specific approach in mind, before implementation of which I would be less inclined to try any integration works with other slavery mods.

If this mod matures enough, I'll try to separate it as two different parts - a barebone mod with the same name as the original, and one called 'Dremir Mine' as an add-on for the former which contains all current and future contents regarding slave labor in the mine.

The barebone mod contains only such generic resources, like factions, health/stamina/magicka related effects, tatoo applying utilities, and etc.

When we have such a mod, we'll have an universal method to tell if a certain character is enslaved, or make it work/rest/being punished with proper stamina/health/magicka consequences. I believe it'd be much better if we could integrate using such a common base for player slavery mod, rather than trying to bridge between many different mods which have their own specific APIs or quirks.

By the way, I hope to continue any subsequent discussions in the support thread. Having two different threads for a single mod is something very confusing to me.

I love the idea of this mod, Skyrim needs some kind of more immersive slavery, sadly it isn't working for me. The quest CTDs every time. Testing the marks by adding them individually via slavetats (without starting the quest) they look cool, but dirt textures on the face, feet and hands show up as pixelated lines rather than as they should and  dirt textures on the body crash the game instantly, this may be due to me using UNPB, or a corrupted download, or something else, but just thought I'd let you know it's happening.

I love the idea of this mod, Skyrim needs some kind of more immersive slavery, sadly it isn't working for me. The quest CTDs every time. Testing the marks by adding them individually via slavetats (without starting the quest) they look cool, but dirt textures on the face, feet and hands show up as pixelated lines rather than as they should and  dirt textures on the body crash the game instantly, this may be due to me using UNPB, or a corrupted download, or something else, but just thought I'd let you know it's happening.

Sorry to hear that it doesn't work with your setup. I'll make the tatoo set configurable later, or even make an UNP version of it. Though I'm not sure exactly when I'll be able to start working on this part.

You might try to open the problematic textures in one of free graphic editors like Paint.NET, and try to save it using different compression format to see if it changes anything. I have little knowledge about DDS formats, but Paint.NET or Gimp provided number of options when I exported them as DDS, so it might be worth a shot.

By the way, I hope we could only use the support thread for the download page, so that we don't confuse others by discussing about the same mod in two different places:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/39463-slaves-of-tamriel-forced-labor-as-a-mine-slave/

Thanks for the feedback!

Archived