T3nd0's Perkus Maximus (PerMa) (Successor to Skyrim Redone)

LaEspada

I tested it a few hours today and will stick with it. I like the vast variety of perks and that it leaves combat and enemies untouched. So I can choose other mods to go along with PerMa.

The patcher takes a few minutes on my medium rig which is ok for me. The only thing that's annoying is that the the PerMa ESPs and the PaMa patch need TES5Edit cleaning and Master Re-ordering / Master Cleaning. For the PerMa ESPs that's ok since you do it once and be done with it, but the PaMa patch needs that every time you refresh it. Was the same shit with the SkyRe Proccer.

Pretty sure you shouldn't clean PerMa/PaMa. My LOOT says it is fine.

So yeah, getting the ReProccer for this to run in Mod Organizer takes a little tweaking apparently; I tried it and kept running out of heap space, but when I ran the .bat file instead, it wouldn't work.

The fix is to edit the .bat file to say the following: javaw.exe -Xmx1024m -jar "PatchusMaximus.jar" "-NOSTREAM" and then run that as the binary from MO. I cannot yet verify if this lets the whole patcher run, as it's currently running as of the time I posted this, but at least it let the .bat file run at all. :P

Edit: Aaaand success, a patch! Now I need to actually try this mod out. I've removed my other gameplay-altering mainstays such as SPERG, Deadly Combat, and Apocalypse just to see how this looks.

Most of the time, dirty edits are there to support save games and make them compatible (ei; be put in the middle of the game and be able to uninstall with a certain amount of success), and if they indeed can be cleaned, then you need to clean them before starting a new game.

I use the Encounter Zones, EnemyAI, Enemyscaling+fix, Races+Fix, StandingStones+fix from Skyre but none of those should be potions, right ?
A potion of the lowest level heals me for 8 health per second for 8 seconds, with the first alchemy talent I can upgrade 2 of those to 11(or is it 14) per second.

For people having problems with the .bat patcher, edit the file and change the 2048 to 1024, save it and try running it then. Worked wonders for me.

Like others I found the fluffy perk descriptions pretty annoying so I downloaded the mod that replaces the text.

I changed my Uncapper.ini as well, it was geared towards SkyRe and the really high requirements it had for some perks.

I DLed it the other day, took me a day to find the mod that's causing the patcher to fail XD (hunting in skyrim mod). then i wasted another half-a-day trying to fix sex lab submit which i ASSUMED was broken by perkus maximus. i was wrong, it was the sexlab framework 1.59c update that broke it. found an unofficial patch after a brief search and now everything works fine (so far).

im playing with perkus maximus mixed with some skyre modules and im liking it so far. im doing a no smith/enchant/alchemy run and will be focusing on captured dreams XD should be fun.

btw, for those who doesn't like the vague perk descriptions, use this mod: Defluffing PerMa (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59854/?). it replaces the descriptions with ones that actually tell you what the perk does XD. as of this post the author says he's only done 98% of the perks, but that's 98% > 0% yes?

You don't need the batch file when using MO:
cR2xOIS.png
Binary: The same as "Javaw" in the Batch. Make sure it is in "Program FIles (x86)" as it needs to be 32bit Java. MO doesn't support 64bit programs!
Arguments: Here you can edit the start parameters like assigned RAM. Max.  is 1G = 1024M because 32bit.

You don't need the batch file when using MO:

Binary: The same as "Javaw" in the Batch. Make sure it is in "Program FIles (x86)" as it needs to be 32bit Java. MO doesn't support 64bit programs!

Arguments: Here you can edit the start parameters like assigned RAM. Max.  is 1G = 1024M because 32bit.

You can also use the SUM program to fix the assigned RAM.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29865/?

Well I've tried and failed repeatedly over two days to get the patch to even complete without a null exception error.  And that's after a total reinstall and bare bones setup that's cleaner than any setup I've ever had since I started out.  I fucking hate this mod's patcher. 

Right now I want to give Perkus Maximus a wide berth, it seems about as dysfunctional as any glorified perk overhaul mod can be. 

Having played with it for a while, I feel like it's just as good as SkyRe, but in different ways.  I wouldn't say better, because it doesn't go as far to rebalance the game and keep SkyRe's level of challenge.  But then, I wouldn't say it's worse because it's less invasive, and let's you use your favourite race/standing stone/whatever else mods alongside it.  Which I really appreciate.  The new perk setup is interesting and makes skyrim feel different again.  It sort of works characters into their niche a bit further, so if you play specific types of character for  little fun, like say, a support mage, you have a bunch of perks to make your support powers more supportive, and so forth.  

The patcher is a pain, but the instructions I read for it seemed to do the job for me.  Very sorry I can't be more helpful to those that are still having trouble with it, but that's all I can say.  Of course, I have since borked my Java with an incomplete update, so I can't get it to work again.  Maybe the first one was a fluke. 

But yeah, if you like SkyRe's large scale overhaul type setup, use SkyRe.  If you have other mods you want to use and are looking for a change of pace with perks, try PM.

I'm beginning to think PerMa is suffering a little too much grandiosity for it's own good. I'm not the biggest fan of t3ndo's style of promotion, he over-eggs his souffles to say the very least.  

How a perk overhaul manages to be so damned pervasive while doing essentially what a lot of other perk overhauls do is beyond me. I dare not voice this distinct lack of appreciation anywhere but here, it upsets the SkyRe natives.

And those perk descriptions...eugh! They're so horribly  'riddle me this' they make me want to scream "  WHAT  DO YOU DO YOU INFERNAL C*NT!". I'd use the de-fluffer, but it isn't compatible with some of the patches *sigh*.

Right now I'm not feeling the love at all. My feeling currently is that PerMa and it's schizo premenstrual bitch of a patch can go fuck a duck. 

So yeh, I read it, saw a bunch of pretty words and got all excited. Buuut.. from reading here i'm guessing my excitement is gonna go to waste? Not that i'm a fan of annoying to install mods.. after so many years of fiddling in Skyrim i've grown lazy and just want 1-click-go mods more than anything.

How a perk overhaul manages to be so damned pervasive while doing essentially what a lot of other perk overhauls do is beyond me. I dare not voice this distinct lack of appreciation anywhere but here, it upsets the SkyRe natives.

I can respectfully disagree with other things you've said, but this is outright false. First of all, there aren't that many perk overhauls to begin with. The only ones I know of are T3nd0's stuff, SPERG, Enchanting Awakened, Requiem, and TTRSO. Which overhaul you prefer is entirely subjective, but I'm pretty sure PerMa does objectively more with the perk system. It changes more fundamental aspects of Skyrim's perks and introduces more active gameplay elements (harvesting body parts, making pickpocket traps, using sharp/blunt weaponry, etc.). You don't have to like everything PerMa does, but you do have to acknowledge that it is a quite distinctive overhaul.

And I don't know where you got the idea that the Defluffing Perma mod is incompatible with patches because as far as I can tell, it plays well with everything. The Author himself has stated that's it's compatible with PCaPP.

You can have your opinions about T3nd0 (yes, he's more than a bit self aggrandizing and he certainly got carried away with the perk descriptions) and how you like to play is entirely up to you, but labeling PerMa as a "schizo premenstrual bitch of a patch," is, IMO, simply too harsh.

So yeh, I read it, saw a bunch of pretty words and got all excited. Buuut.. from reading here i'm guessing my excitement is gonna go to waste? Not that i'm a fan of annoying to install mods.. after so many years of fiddling in Skyrim i've grown lazy and just want 1-click-go mods more than anything.

All you can do is give it a try. You might find it goes very smoothly for you, plenty of folk seem to be getting along with it.

Not me though, I'm washing it right out of my hair. Troubleshooting stupid shit that hasn't been an issue for me in two years of modding but suddenly becomes a showstopper where PerMa is concerned? Nah, I'll go back to using SPERG and have done with it. 

I've been a SkyRe user forever, and am trying to give PerMa a fair shake so I can try out some of the different mods which have been consistently incompatible with SkyRe. 

My impressions thus far are mixed, as are most peoples'. The "fluffy" perks are a god damned nightmare and thank the merciful baby jesus that someone fixed that shit right quick. The patcher has, seemingly, worked without incident for me despite the completely irresponsible mod load I burden it with. The readme is also a mess, and I actually went though and made it legible for my own sanity.

As far as the content of the mod, I quite like that it has scaled back from SkyRe, which does make it more compatible with different mods and so the game I run is more fine tuned that the SkyRe game I was running. On PerMa Master+ difficulties, the perks don't seem to actually offer enough bang for their buck, so to speak, to combat enemies at or near my level. When I was running Duel - Combat Realism, I literally would get one-shot by nearly any enemy and couldn't stagger them for shit and blocking seemed entirely ineffective. This is decidedly worse than SkyRe, where some clever maneuvering and timed blocks meant you could face most foes if you played carefully on Master+ even at level 1. I would strongly advise people to not use Duel with PerMa, and instead use the SkyRe combat module (which is the only module still in my load order).

The perks in PerMa are, I feel, much better than any other overhaul mod. Each perk offers immediate, and mostly unique benefit, and is not simply a stepping stone to the good perks later in the tree. The Enchanting Tree is the best example of this, in my view, as each perk offers its own unique benefit, and a small increase to your overall enchanting power (which scales with your enchanting skill regardless of perks deep in the tree). The scroll-crafting is also back from SkyRe, and is much the same but allows for non-mages to utilize spells in an immersive manner, so long as you can craft them.

The Wayfarer Tree is a mixed bag, as it no longer has direct support for Frostfall, which seems odd. But the Lore perks are much better handed, and the perk which makes enemies whose lore is known non-hostile is now able to be toggled. Yay. 

Speechcraft is now fucking amazing. Its literally my favorite tree. Seriously. It offers cloth-wearing support for non-mages as long as they dress fancy (custom cloth armor can be made to count as "expensive" through the patcher, though I haven't toyed with that yet. 

The various mage trees in PerMa all seem kind of...lacklustre, and are hugely dependent on enchanting to have any real power, which makes me kind of sad, as they were powerhouses in SkyRe. The Illusion tree is particularly poor, as many of the perks seem to offer nearly identical benefits for different spells, but each require a unique perk. Too much emphasis is placed on the clunky "Phantom" system, which in the heat of combat is problematic to combo effectively. Conjuration is also particularly weak, and the spells available early mean that a conjurer will most likely be dependent on the other schools, or corporeal followers until the skill is fairly heavily invested.

A feature which is awesome is that the Novice/Apprentice/etc. perks in each tree automatically grant an unknown spell of that rank and school immediately, so mages are less heavily penalized while leveling to maintain their power level, relative to enemies. This effect even works with spells added from other mods (which can be both good an bad, depending on whether the player gets a shitty RNG regarding which spell they aquire).

Hopefully most of the kinks get ironed out, but so far I have had fewer conflicts with other mods from PerMa than I did with SkyRe, despite my horrific load order. 

w33beast1e

Well I've tried and failed repeatedly over two days to get the patch to even complete without a null exception error.  And that's after a total reinstall and bare bones setup that's cleaner than any setup I've ever had since I started out.  I fucking hate this mod's patcher. 

Right now I want to give Perkus Maximus a wide berth, it seems about as dysfunctional as any glorified perk overhaul mod can be. 

I would suggest giving Mod Organizer a go, as you can swap out mods at will, and you will likely never have to do a clean install ever again. The Data folder never gets touched, so it can't fuck up the vanilla game. It takes some time to get aquainted with, but its absolutely worth it. Even without PerMa or SkyRe type mods. If you run a lunatic load order like I do, it saves a lot of rage. This is my current loadout, and with MO, I haven't had any problems installing and uninstalling these and dozens of others, and figuring out exactly where and what is causing conflicts.

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
RSkyrimChildren.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
AOM.esm
SharedSeranaDialogue.esm
DynamicLoot.esm
ETaC - RESOURCES.esm
AzarHair.esm
hdtHighHeel.esm
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
SexLab.esm
Devious Devices - Assets.esm
SexLabAroused.esm
ApachiiHair.esm
TERAArmors.esm
ZaZAnimationPack.esm
Devious Devices - Integration.esm
PerkusMaximus_Master.esp
No Magic Ninja Dodge - No DLC.esp
AHZmoreHUD.esp
ETaC - Complete.esp
DLC1Serana.esp
Dr_BandolierDG.esp
Proper Aiming.esp
SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
Chesko_WearableLantern.esp
MashupUNP.esp
ThematicLoot.esp
LadyTrousers.esp
Ysolda.esp
MoreNastyCritters.esp
Resplendent - The Races Package.esp
OrcFemaleWalk.esp
DeadlyMonsters.esp
Destroy the Thieves Guild Galathil addon.esp
Economy Overhaul.esp
Differently Ebony.esp
Aradia Kato Outfit.esp
Dual Wield Parrying_SKSE.esp
ImmersiveFP.esp
DynamicLoot_DB.esp
Convenient Horses.esp
Headtracking.esp
SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp
Blindfolds_of_Skyrim.esp
RaceMenu.esp
Chesko_LoreBasedLoadingScreens.esp
NoAutoAim.esp
NoNakedComments.esp
NonSexLabAnimationPack.esp
SexLabArousedAnimations.esp
FreckleMania.esp
Dragon Combat Overhaul.esp
The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp
Pretty Combat Idles.esp
Pretty Female Idles.esp
DynamicLoot_DG.esp
Pretty Poses And Animations.esp
Reduced Distance NPC Greetings.esp
Northgirl.esp
VLCollisionFix.esp
Random Vampire Attacks in Towns Disabled.esp
SexLabGenderChange.esp
RealisticRoomRental.esp
ETaC - Dragon Bridge South.esp
3DNPC.esp
FCO - Follower Commentary Overhaul.esp
AFT_iNPCFix.esp
RealisticWaterTwo.esp
SOS - B3lisario UNP Addon.esp
SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
PotemaCrashFix.esp
SexLabMatchMaker.esp
SexLabNudeCreatures.esp
SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp
SexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp
SexLab_Paycrime.esp
SkyUI.esp
DVA - Dynamic Vampire Appearance.esp
AchieveThat.esp
Customizable Camera.esp
SaveHotKeyMCM.esp
serana stfu.esp
HearthfireMultiKid.esp
HearthfireMultiKid_LastName.esp
Sotteta Necromancer Outfit.esp
TrueEyes.esp
Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp
Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp
Destroy the Thieves Guild Bonemold formula + Glover Mallory addon.esp
Utopolyst's Item Sorting.esp
Book Covers Skyrim.esp
ReadAndLearnSpeechcraft.esp
Unique Uniques.esp
TorchRadius.esp
RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp
RND_USKP-Patch.esp
RND_ETaC-Patch.esp
Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp
BetterDarkBrotherhood.esp
RSChildren - Complete.esp
RSChildren_PatchUSKP.esp
HarvestOverhaul.esp
Rebirth Monster.esp
OBIS.esp
Devious Devices - For the Masses II.esp
Tera Armor Level List.esp
TradeBarter.esp
OBIS Redone.esp
OBISDB.esp
Civil War Overhaul.esp
Both Imp and SC-No respawn.esp
DeadlyDragons.esp
ColdharbourDaedra.esp
Thunderchild - Epic Shout Package.esp
Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp
Immersive Solstheim.esp
Destroy the Thieves Guild.esp
AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp
BarenziahQuestMarkers.esp
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
Civil War Repairs.esp
FortDawnguardEnhanced.esp
Better Vampires ML.esp
Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp
FrostvaleEstate.esp
HentaiCreatures.esp
dD-No Spinning Death Animation.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp
Cloaks.esp
Devious Deviants.esp
Ursine Armor Pack.esp
Run For Your Lives.esp
Tembtra Thief Armor.esp
Immersive Orc Strongholds.esp
Dragonstead.esp
SMIM-Merged-All.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Waves.esp
SkyfallEstate.esp
NonEssentialChildren.esp
RSChildren_PatchNEC.esp
RRR_3DNPC-Patch.esp
Immersive Patrols II.esp
PrivateNeedsNew.esp
Aurora - Standing Stones of Skyrim.esp
SexLab Romance.esp
Chesko_Frostfall.esp
RND_HearthFires-Patch.esp
Vampirelordroyal.esp
BloodmoonRising.esp
RND_Dawnguard-Patch.esp
Brevi_MoonlightTales.esp
ESFCompanions.esp
Marriable Serana.esp
Marriable Serana HF.esp
Female Follower Fix.esp
Vampire Lord Serana Fixed.esp
Smelter_Riften & Solitude.esp
LoversComfort.esp
SexLab-AmorousAdventures.esp
SofiaFollower.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Dragonborn.esp
RND_Dragonborn-Patch.esp
SpousesEnhanced.esp
SpousesEnhanced_Serana.esp
SexLabDefeat.esp
The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp
CCO_WAFTrueWeapons_Patch.esp
FtM Cloaks CCO.esp
1nivWICCloaks.esp
Dr_Bandolier.esp
1nivWICSkyCloaksPatch.esp
ESFAela.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Dawnguard.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Dawnguard.esp
WetandCold.esp
aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
dD-Reduced Splatter Size.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
dD-DG-DB-Immersive Creatures EBT Patch.esp
dD-Reduced Wound Size.esp
dbmisc.esp
iHUD.esp
iNeed.esp
ApprenticeOfThuum.esp
Equipping Overhaul.esp
Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp
Ghorza's Armor.esp
MF_RadiantProstitution.esp
Apocalypse - More Apocalypse.esp
SkyRe_Combat.esp
PerkusMaximus_Warrior.esp
CombatDramaOverhaul.esp
UnblockActivateNoWereNoMap.esp
PerkusMaximus_Mage.esp
AOM.esp
CerwidenCompanion.esp
PerkusMaximus_Thief.esp
ImprovedSkillBooks.esp
LearnAlchemyFromRecipes.esp
SexLab Trainers.esp
Acquisitive Soul Gems.esp
WeaponsArmorFixes_ambSkyforge_Patch.esp
dovahkiinrelax.esp
vAutosaveManager.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
PatchusMaximus.esp
Apocalypse - PerMa Compatibility Patch.esp
Apocalypse - More Apocalypse - PerMa Compatibility Patch.esp
Thunderchild - PerMa Compatibility Patch.esp
ASIS-Dependency.esp
WTF.esp
Pre PaMa CCOR Patch.esp
Pre PaMa WAFR CCOR Patch.esp
Pre PaMa WAFR Patch.esp
ASIS.esp

Also, if anyone cares, I attached a docx of the PerMa readme that hopefully makes more sense than the jumbled mess Nexus has to offer.

PerMa Readme.docx

I have so far found combat with PerMa to be pretty satisfying, but maybe this is because it changes combat to be exactly how I like: More deadly for everyone. I can be killed rather quickly if I don't properly defend myself, but on the other hand, enemies have the same problem, so when I get the jump on them, I can tear them apart before they can muster a defense.

I am playing a mage, which is something I don't often do, and I think the spells PerMa puts in are pretty good... I think I like them a bit better than Apocalypse Magic, in fact. I'm still pretty low level, so the balance aspect can go horribly wrong once I reach the next tier of enemies or some such, but right now I'm finding it to be pretty fun.

Lastly, I don't know why people are having such trouble with the 'fluffy' perk descriptions. I feel like I get at least a vague idea of what they do from the description, while the exact mechanics are blurred which seems to be a purposeful thing. This may again be just the way I play the game, but since I've never been one for min-maxing in Skyrim and just want to pick stuff that goes along with the play-style I've chosen for that character, the way abilities are described seems to more-or-less work for me and I've felt no need to install the mod which 'de-fluffs' things. *shrug* To each their own!

w33beast1e

I would suggest giving Mod Organizer a go, as you can swap out mods at will, and you will likely never have to do a clean install ever again. The Data folder never gets touched, so it can't fuck up the vanilla game. It takes some time to get aquainted with, but its absolutely worth it. Even without PerMa or SkyRe type mods. If you run a lunatic load order like I do, it saves a lot of rage. This is my current loadout, and with MO, I haven't had any problems installing and uninstalling these and dozens of others, and figuring out exactly where and what is causing conflicts.

Yeah I already do use MO. 

My problem turned out to be a single esp causing the patcher to fail - Fire and Ice. Updating the esp to the latest version resolved it. It wasn't much fun inching my way through the load order to find the culprit, very tedious work.

Now I'm having problems getting the game's menu to load at startup. Deepest of joys. 

I have so far found combat with PerMa to be pretty satisfying, but maybe this is because it changes combat to be exactly how I like: More deadly for everyone. I can be killed rather quickly if I don't properly defend myself, but on the other hand, enemies have the same problem, so when I get the jump on them, I can tear them apart before they can muster a defense.

I am playing a mage, which is something I don't often do, and I think the spells PerMa puts in are pretty good... I think I like them a bit better than Apocalypse Magic, in fact. I'm still pretty low level, so the balance aspect can go horribly wrong once I reach the next tier of enemies or some such, but right now I'm finding it to be pretty fun.

Lastly, I don't know why people are having such trouble with the 'fluffy' perk descriptions. I feel like I get at least a vague idea of what they do from the description, while the exact mechanics are blurred which seems to be a purposeful thing. This may again be just the way I play the game, but since I've never been one for min-maxing in Skyrim and just want to pick stuff that goes along with the play-style I've chosen for that character, the way abilities are described seems to more-or-less work for me and I've felt no need to install the mod which 'de-fluffs' things. *shrug* To each their own!

chuck-norris-thumbs-up-dodgeball-gif.gif

Although I can see where many people are coming from especially issues with the patcher.

My first response is... do you even have an updated java? most people don't update their java so they're probably running an old an outdated version.

And if they have issues with memory running out during the patch, SUM is a great program for patchers to assign more memory.

Dual Sheath Redux

Reproccer

Perma

All can be used with SUM.

Another "fix" I've found works for me, is to disable all the pre-made patches (even though I have them blocked anyway) before rerunning the patcher. It doesn't seem to matter for ASIS or WTF, but for PerMa, if I have the compatibility patches enabled, the patcher won't ever finish, even if they're already block-listed.

I'm wondering something.  I've been using Apocalypse in conjunction with PerMa so far.  Are they not supposed to be used together?  I've been an Apoclypse fan for a while and it went nicely with SkyRe, I just assumed it would compliment PerMa as well.  So far I've found pretty much no mention of it myself, but maybe I'm just not looking that hard.

You can use apocalypse with perma. You need download patch for it from mod site+perma patch for reprocer.

Played while and its not bad. Problem are patching time. Its take me 2 hour o.O And I think same magic perk are not good. Common perk which give me only tome it kinda joke. Other perk are realy well done. Smithink+blocking now look like fun. Kinda sad few perk dotn work atm. 

How heavy are the scripts? When I was reading through the perk descriptions, it sure sounded like they would require scripts.

Example:

Agility (40/75)
1- While wearing light armor legguards, for three second after initiating a sprint incoming ranged weapon attacks deal no damage.

2- While wearing light armor legguards and sprinting incoming ranged weapon attacks deal no damage.

That makes me think a script needs to be kicked off every time you hit the sprint key.

Although I can see where many people are coming from especially issues with the patcher.

My first response is... do you even have an updated java? most people don't update their java so they're probably running an old an outdated version.

And if they have issues with memory running out during the patch, SUM is a great program for patchers to assign more memory.

Dual Sheath Redux

Reproccer

Perma

All can be used with SUM.

Played while and its not bad. Problem are patching time. Its take me 2 hour o.O

Archived