T3nd0's Perkus Maximus (PerMa) (Successor to Skyrim Redone)

LaEspada

I'm not a fan of the skyproc thing :(

It usually doesn't handle levelled lists right.

I'm more of a fan of the Requiem school of thought where the entire game world should be absolutely unlevelled and weapons and stuff shouldn't magically increase damage and attributes as you do.

But then again requiem is just as much a hassle as any other overhaul mod to make work with other mods :(

Maybe one day the dream overhaul mod will come for me.

In an RPG, character development is key, and Skyrim's perk system - which is the core of character development - is superficial at best, plain bad at worst. I think one can do a lot better. That's why I overhauled it twice.

Had me here.

I still use SkyRe, combined with ACE, and really made skyrim feel new (as well as the insane perk trees). I will definitely give it a try.

I fucking hate reproccer and the likes. Will stick with SPERG until I hear PerMa being something really good.

EDIT: o.. oh.

Hrm 96 minutes 17 seconds for Patchus to complete. Might be my new personal record. Might have to trim my load order a tad, I think all the new spells, enchants, and NPC mods I added might be making this balloon.

Every PaMa patch will require the same amount of time? Or usually it's just the first time that's this long? It will be quite a chore to update mods and repatch if it is then.

Every time

My Patchus only takes 15 minutes. It depends on your system and mods.

T's put in a lot of work bringing the path time down, 30min still puts it as one of the longest running SkyProcs, but it is making 10's of thousands of records, and has gotten considerable faster than early builds.

NOPE

I've been keeping an eye on Perkus Maximus, because I likewise thought SkyRe did too much. I'm not really sure if I'm excited now that it's out, but will look into it and possibly give it a run to see how it fairs in comparison to my current setup (SPERG, Deadly Combat, Apocalypse Magic, etc.)

Thanks for the heads up!

I just tested it. It still needs some work, like perk's description (it's just a description of what it does, like "YOU CHANNEL MAGICKA ON YOUR ARMOR REDUCING SHOCK DAMAGE!", not saying how much it reduces or anything); very poetic and such, but makes really hard choosing perks, since you barely know what each one of them do.

About combat, I tested a destruction-one handed breton on hard. It definitely needs some work, ACE or another mod to modify combat mechanics, since (at least for now) it doesn't seem to change anything (like enemies hitting you from behind dealing more damage and such).

Potions don't heal over time (they're vanilla potions), and gold weighs 0.01 per piece. There are a shit ton of perks, like in skyre. The main difference in the perks is that there aren't as many passives (or at least, they're kept at a minimum amount), and there isn't any perk that needs more than 3 points to be maxed.

The combat doesn't seem so focused on stamina, maybe because it's lacking that feature.

Lydia still headbutts you.

Pros:

1) Expansive perk options help force choices for what type of character you want to be.

2) Some perk trees interweave well, for instance light weaponry boosts weapons based on their type of damage rather than just axe/sword/mace (or the psychotic SkyRe layout). Since it supports a wide variety of weapons, several weapons have two damage types, letting them benefit from multiple perks (Sperg also did something line this).

Cons:

1) Poor documentation/explanation.

1A) All the perk descriptions are "fluffy". So you really only get the barest sense of what they do unless you look at individualized txt files. Fortunately, someone is already working on a patch for this: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59854/?

1B) The documentation for what it actually does beyond the perks is also contained only in separate txt files, one of which is horribly formatted.

2) It requires a reproccer.

3) The reproccer offers one option: Language. It order to do any other customization (which was advertised), you need to crack open an xml file and edit by hand. This makes any customization a PITA. If this feature gets fixed I'll probably give this mod another/longer look.

Well, it takes forever because it does alot more. Visit the Wintermyst page and read how much new enchantments there are. And with new Weapons ( and if you have mods installed even more and armors). Every weapon will get 47 new versions and every armor 57.

And in Beta, it took only 3 hours, so yeah...

AND you don't need to rerun it if you add stuff. Just patches new content to fit it into the game.

The combat doesn't seem so focused on stamina, maybe because it's lacking that feature.

Didn't play release yet, but a powerattack suck that bar dry for me. Also attackspeed and move speed are slow if low stamina.

Well, it takes forever because it does alot more. Visit the Wintermyst page and read how much new enchantments there are. And with new Weapons ( and if you have mods installed even more and armors). Every weapon will get 47 new versions and every armor 57.

And in Beta, it took only 3 hours, so yeah...

AND you don't need to rerun it if you add stuff. Just patches new content to fit it into the game.

Didn't play release yet, but a powerattack suck that bar dry for me. Also attackspeed and move speed are slow if low stamina.

My patcher only took a few minutes, i just browsed the interenet in the meantime. Then again I higher than average computer.

So far i understand that Perkus Maximus does not change Races, Combat and Scaling like SkyRe has done, right ? What are good mods to cover this, in the comments they only tell "there are better mods" but not what these mods are ...

I played the most time with Requiem and just recently switched to SkyRe just for a different game experience so i never looked into those mods.

I just tested it. It still needs some work, like perk's description (it's just a description of what it does, like "YOU CHANNEL MAGICKA ON YOUR ARMOR REDUCING SHOCK DAMAGE!", not saying how much it reduces or anything); very poetic and such, but makes really hard choosing perks, since you barely know what each one of them do.

That actually seems a nice feature.

Im impressed with it so far, yes the reproccer takes forever but I can live with that.

In my game the potions heal over time so one of us hasnt installed it right Mewwt :)

How weird. I installed everything, are you using skyre with it? :/

And it is! I just prefer knowing what everything does more precisely. I guess it fits a role playing gameplay perfectly.

So far i understand that Perkus Maximus does not change Races, Combat and Scaling like SkyRe has done, right ? What are good mods to cover this, in the comments they only tell "there are better mods" but not what these mods are ...

I played the most time with Requiem and just recently switched to SkyRe just for a different game experience so i never looked into those mods.

Use skyre's modules. T3nd0 suggests using skyre's enemyAI, encounter zones and scaling modules to cover what PerMa doesn't change, so I guess using skyre's standing stones and other modules (as long as you leave the perks untouched) will be perfectly fine.

Im impressed with it so far, yes the reproccer takes forever but I can live with that.

In my game the potions heal over time so one of us hasnt installed it right Mewwt :)

How weird. I installed everything, are you using skyre with it? :/

And it is! I just prefer knowing what everything does more precisely. I guess it fits a role playing gameplay perfectly.

Use skyre's modules. T3nd0 suggests using skyre's enemyAI, encounter zones and scaling modules to cover what PerMa doesn't change, so I guess using skyre's standing stones and other modules (as long as you leave the perks untouched) will be perfectly fine.

Check out the Facebook page , there were some posts earlier in the month talking about mods that T3nd0 recommends - Revenge of the Enemies, Respendent Racials and more.

I tested it a few hours today and will stick with it. I like the vast variety of perks and that it leaves combat and enemies untouched. So I can choose other mods to go along with PerMa.

The patcher takes a few minutes on my medium rig which is ok for me. The only thing that's annoying is that the the PerMa ESPs and the PaMa patch need TES5Edit cleaning and Master Re-ordering / Master Cleaning. For the PerMa ESPs that's ok since you do it once and be done with it, but the PaMa patch needs that every time you refresh it. Was the same shit with the SkyRe Proccer.

I was testing PerMa yesterday, coming from the full suite of SkyRe mods, and the difference was night and day. The game became laughably easy, and none of the perks gave any useful description of what they actually do. The skyproc patcher for it takes /forever/ to generate, and I don't really care for a lot of the changes it makes (such as adding weapons from other mods into stores. I know I could probably fix this in the xml, but... why should I when other mods handle things better?) In addition, for some reason, he decided that gold should have weight as well. A valid point, but skyrim does not really have any ways to manage your money, like a bank system. (I know there is banks of skyrim, but that mod is horribly out of date nowadays.)

In conclusion, compared to SkyRe, I really don't have anything good to say about PerMa. It feels like a watered down version of SkyRe in just about every way, and if I wanted to go for a more "RPG" feeling in my skyrim, I would just use requiem.

So I downloaded and started messing with PerMa almost the instant it came out.  The biggest difference I noticed was that it felt much easier starting off than SkyRe did.  I still ran into things that cleaned my clock a few times, but on the whole it was a little more forgiving.  Perks were a pain to decipher until I saw the little gem to change them, as was posted earlier.

Changes the perk descriptions to what we're used to.  Straightforward explanation of what exactly it does.

So far, I like it.  It's different from SkyRe, but I like what T3ndo's done with the new perks, and a lot of the functions and perks from SkyRe are still there.  People are already making PerMa patches for their mods, and I have the feeling a lot of the gripes with this admittedly brand new mod are going to be worked out fairly quickly.  Also, I think T3ndo mentioned in the description that PerMa was designed with greater compatibility in mind.  That's always nice, since I wouldn't want to have to choose between, say, my favourite spells overhaul and a promising new game changer.  I have the feeling PerMa is supposed to cover some things, and then you decide what other mods to use to cover the other stuff.

The patcher.  That was a mission to get working through Mod Organiser.  And when it did, it was something of a wait, yes.  But all in all, it didn't bug me that much.  I've played on a new character with it, maybe a half dozen levels worth of playing.  Who knows, maybe I'll decide I like SkyRe more with time, but for now this one is new and shiny, and it seems fairly promising.

Well, it's in the name. Perkus Maximus is a different concept than Skyrim Redone. Skyrim Redone is exactly that. It's a rework of the whole game. Perkus Maximus focusses on the perks. Leaves more room for choices imho.

I wouldn't describe PerMa as a SkyRe successor. It's totally different, only the author is the same. But I will go for the better perk descriptions as well. Leveling up is too much of a guessing game with the original perk descriptions.

Well, it's in the name. Perkus Maximus is a different concept than Skyrim Redone. Skyrim Redone is exactly that. It's a rework of the whole game. Perkus Maximus focusses on the perks. Leaves more room for choices imho.

I wouldn't describe PerMa as a SkyRe successor. It's totally different, only the author is the same. But I will go for the better perk descriptions as well. Leveling up is too much of a guessing game with the original perk descriptions.

To be fair, Skyre was mainly a perk mod as well. It did cover races, standing stones, etc. but not as extensively.

For those who want a similar (if not, better) experience to Skyre, I recommend you pick up some other mods to fill in the gaps:

Resplendent - Races of Skyrim

Aurora - Standing Stones of Skyrim

Thunderchild - Epic Shouts and Immersion

Duel - Combat Realism

Personally, I only installed Skyre's perk module and used these (and other gameplay tweaks from this guide), and found Skyrim to be much more fun than Skyre alone. PerMa only made my game even better.

But if you don't want to add other stuff, you could easily install PerMa with the supplementary modules of Skyre.

Archived