BWitch 0.6.0 [28 August 2018]

I'll see if I can do it in a way that doesn't hammer performance. I'm thinking of splitting the effect into two tiers: a run-of-the-mill collar which just has the core bound casting effect and gives a modest boost to make up for the loss of slots for enchantments; and another version with more onerous requirements which grants more bonuses to those who submit to it. We'll see what I can implement.

The DDi framework has many nice functions to disable struggling, disable ask for help dialogs and so on.

I really recommend you take a look at their wiki and ask around if have any doubts. Best of luck.

hi, thank. managed to get it to work. forgot that i will need to hit "z" to activate the power.

just a suggestion which i inspired from Dibella's recruit and Defender mod.

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1250-dibellas-recruit/

maybe have a small mini-dialogue or quest to add any devious device of player's choosing to become the BWitch.

and the devices may have any buff to increase the powers or any other capabilities.

plus the condition will be permanent (an cursed armbinder etc, also inspire from the cursed loot) once player agreed to it

My biggest problem with this mod (I like the idea) is that you have to anticipate being bound in order to make it work.

It would seem that the way to make this work "elegantly" would be to do the following:

• Change DDi and/or ZAZ so that, rather than forbidding access to the menu ("Tab") and unequipping all spells, they only block you from *drawing* weapons and such ("R"), and from changing equipment ("I"). (i.e., you can still access the spell menu, "P")
  • Add alternate casting animations for casting while bound.
  • Either block or create alternate systems for the "Bound Weapon" spells (telekinetic attack!)
  • (Optional): Add a system for "getting used to" bound casting.
  • (Optional): Add a system for buffing bound casting.
#4: "Getting used to" bound casting:

This has several constraints:

• You must be able to "train" bound casting while bound.
  • There must be a reason why you didn't just burninate the soldiers driving the cart to Helgen.
  • It probably shouldn't consume normal perks
I have two ideas:
  • Your level of "bound casting" training is equal to your skill with the appropriate school of magic. You would then either increase the cost or decrease the magnitude of your spells, with the value converging to 1.0 (no change) at level 100.
  • You acquire separate "bound casting" perk points [somehow, probably attempting to cast] while bound, in a similar vein to Vampire Lords and Werewolves
#5: Buffing bound casting:
  • The player must not need to become *un*-bound in order to gain this benefit
  • The system must work starting with an arbitrary set of bondage gear
Ideas:
  • If you choose the "perk" system for getting used to bound casting, you would obviously gather perks over time, and eventually they would add up to more than your unbound value.
  • Change the scaling on the skill-based debuff from #4 to go up to a "better" number than 1.0 (i.e., stronger spells or cheaper)
  • Allow the player to use an Arcane Enchanter to enchant their worn bondage gear with special "fortify [school]" effects. (again, magnitude and/or cost)

one problem i have is that we have to use that specific collar to be a bound witch which prevents other collars form being equipped like the slave or cursed collars from cursed loot.

it would be nice if we didn't need the collar and instead we cloud use a tattoo, or make being a bound witch a permanent life choice by absorbing the power from the collar and turning it into a permanent active (good starting point for a quest to find the order of bound witch's)

• ever replacing the collar for permanent active effect (that as well as enabling you to use magic while bound.
  • give buffs for each device equipped (only while hands are bound).
  • severely debuffs you for each device under the minimum amount you are (mcm configurable) when your hands aren't bound.
  • another cool thing would be that rookies of the bound order aren't authorized to access menus on their own and need a followers permission (just means you have to ask them each time no actual denial chance . . . unless requested ^_^).

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your comments, I've incorporated some of them in the latest version, some others have been kicked down the road.

I agree that the path of modifying DD Integration/ZaZ animations to be less restrictive in what they disable is likely to give a less clunky experience in the long run. However, it remains to be seen whether there's enough interest to make it worthwhile (not to mention the fact that I don't know anything about animations).

Next up on the list will probably be a small quest (not a fully fleshed one, just something more interesting than clicking a menu) and some more bondage magic effects. I removed the arousal-based buffs in version 0.2 since instant casting was already enough of a buff, but I like the idea, so they'll probably make a comeback in the next version (along with more effects).

I came here to see if the suggestion for using this with Nipple Magic had been done already, and wasn't dissapointed, lol.

Even though it has been adviced that you don't bother too much with this, I'm really curious about what could be the problem. I see that some DDs block your character from entering fighting stances, since you'd "usually" need your hands to cast spells. I'm no modder so I'm just wild guessing here. Wouldn't it be possible to re-enable fighting stances and access to powers menu, even while being bound? I suppose the "bound" state is controlled by a script that disables fighting and menus. Maybe it could be modified to keep the visual state of being bound but take some of the restrictions away. I guess it would also require that you swap all the magic casting animations while bound so that the character doesn't move when entering combat.

As I said, I'm n modder. What would be wrong with what I said?

• another cool thing would be that rookies of the bound order aren't authorized to access menus on their own and need a followers permission (just means you have to ask them each time no actual denial chance . . . unless requested ^_^).

There's an Idea. Rather than have the leveled defender spawn out of the blue, have him be a permanent follower. Basically, an accolyte of the demon/daedra/cult/whatever that's responsible for you becoming a bondage witch, tasked by your master to be your 'minder', who'll manage your spellbook, inventory, map etc. since you're unable. It might even add an extra dimension to your status, since he'll be authorized to punish you if you step out of line (try to escape etc.)

Wouldn't it be possible to re-enable fighting stances and access to powers menu, even while being bound? I suppose the "bound" state is controlled by a script that disables fighting and menus. Maybe it could be modified to keep the visual state of being bound but take some of the restrictions away. I guess it would also require that you swap all the magic casting animations while bound so that the character doesn't move when entering combat.

At the moment, the hands bound effect is implemented using an offset animation, which is meant to only hold the arms back while the rest of the player uses the normal animations. This is a perfectly reasonable way of doing it since it means you only need to make one animation, instead of adjusting every player animation.

For whatever reason, playing the current hands bound offset animation will cause the game to think your character has sheathed their weapon and so won't let you cast any spells. You can test this yourself by typing this into the console to force the player character to play the hands bound animation:

player.playidle DDZaZAPArmBZaDOFF01
Your hands will be bound behind your back and, even though the glowing spell balls will still be in your hands, you won't be able to cast any magic. You'd have to get back into the "ready to cast" pose (after some jumping around to reset the animation) before you can cast any spells.

Maybe you could tweak the animation so it doesn't make the game think you've put away your magic. Maybe you can't. I don't know enough about animation to look for myself.

In theory, you could modify every player animation to have hands bound so the offset animation isn't necessary. That way, you can still do ordinary things while your arms are bound. You might even be able to implement hands-free weapon use while you're at it (to give non-magic users some love). To date, nobody has volunteered to do it.

Wouldn't it be possible to re-enable fighting stances and access to powers menu, even while being bound? I suppose the "bound" state is controlled by a script that disables fighting and menus. Maybe it could be modified to keep the visual state of being bound but take some of the restrictions away. I guess it would also require that you swap all the magic casting animations while bound so that the character doesn't move when entering combat.

At the moment, the hands bound effect is implemented using an offset animation, which is meant to only hold the arms back while the rest of the player uses the normal animations. This is a perfectly reasonable way of doing it since it means you only need to make one animation, instead of adjusting every player animation.

For whatever reason, playing the current hands bound offset animation will cause the game to think your character has sheathed their weapon and so won't let you cast any spells. You can test this yourself by typing this into the console to force the player character to play the hands bound animation:

Your hands will be bound behind your back and, even though the glowing spell balls will still be in your hands, you won't be able to cast any magic. You'd have to get back into the "ready to cast" pose (after some jumping around to reset the animation) before you can cast any spells.

Maybe you could tweak the animation so it doesn't make the game think you've put away your magic. Maybe you can't. I don't know enough about animation to look for myself.

In theory, you could modify every player animation to have hands bound so the offset animation isn't necessary. That way, you can still do ordinary things while your arms are bound. You might even be able to implement hands-free weapon use while you're at it (to give non-magic users some love). To date, nobody has volunteered to do it.

Interesting, so it's the animation itself what makes the game lock the controls. Is this due to some sort of keyword or the fact that the game recognizes this animation in particular, or does it do the same with any attemp at other offset animations while in combat?

As I said, I'm asking out of curiosity, not really trying to get anybody to do it. If the game recognizes the "bound" state from the particular animation played, I suppose all that could be done is to either "swap" the bound animation to an identical one that isn't conidered as "bound" by the game, or disable temporarily the bound state but swap the combat animations for ones that have the arms bound. I assume the first option would be the less tedious.

I gave this a try just for lols but ended up with a weird bug; I think?

Anyway, I gave the devoted effect to a character wearing most of Cursed Loot's "High Security" gear (Only missing the armbinder, the boots, and the gag.), as well as the blindfold from the Aradia set. (That thing doesn't actually render you blind, but I got it randomly (twice!) from Cursed Loot.). Just standing there, no armbinder, nothing changes. But when I put an armbinder on and the effects kicks in, my alteration skill begins skyrocketing. I have a starting skill level of zero due to some mod and console trickery, but within two or three minutes, I'm approaching 20 already. (Using completely vanilla skill trees and growth rate.)

I'm thinking it's due to the detect npc effect being treated as if you're casting detect life/dead/etc., but I can't be certain. I'm also using Dibellan Defender which has it's own detect life effect. Maybe there's a clash happening?

Log file for what it's worth.

Well, whatever. This mod, while cool, funny, interesting, and well done, just doesn't fit the style I'm going with for my current character. I'll be keeping an eye on this for the future however.

P.S.: Molag Bal really feels like a bad fit for this mod as he's all about breaking and destroying the weak, not empowering them. Maybe this could be a Clavicus Vile thing? That only makes sense for a "be careful what you wish for" angle though. Like: "I'm so sick and tired of the bandits locking me into armbinders and making me helpless! Is there anything you can do about that?" That doesn't really fit the theme of willingly becoming physically helpless in trade for greater magical ability.

Sorry, I don't have better alternative, but I'm new to the lore and only just completed the Molag Bal (and Clavicus Vile) quest(s) not that long ago.

-------

Edit: Almost forgot another potential issue. When I used the "Flames" spell via Bound Casting, it was a rather short burst of flame rather than a continuous stream. Is that right?

I know little about modding, just guess.

Maybe the bound animation does not directly blocking spell casting. It just declares the arm animation slot (assume such thing exists) occupied then all actions require for arm animation change will subsequently fail. If that is the case, maybe we can hack into the spell casting system itself by switching it to another unused animation slot if any.

I have definitely experienced the character's arms getting stuck in the normal "idle" position and not responding to "R".

I think I've even had it happen without animation replacers.

This does not block access to the menu the way Devious Armbinders do, though, and in fact the usual way I knock my character out of it is to equip a sword or something.

... when I put an armbinder on and the effects kicks in, my alteration skill begins skyrocketing. ...

Thanks for the bug report. I've confirmed it as something to fix in the next version. Turns out, you do get XP for spells cast via papyrus, which I had assumed you didn't (just confirmed it by lobbing some spells at guards). I'll also have to revert the XP granting in 0.2, as that's now just doubling up on XP.

P.S.: Molag Bal really feels like a bad fit for this mod as he's all about breaking and destroying the weak, not empowering them.

Molag Bal is about domination and enslavement, not just breaking down the weak. He's the creator of vampires. In Dawnguard, Serana says she and her family underwent a "degrading" ritual with Molag Bal to get their powers. So submitting your soul to Molag Bal in exchange for greater power seems right up his alley.

Edit: Almost forgot another potential issue. When I used the "Flames" spell via Bound Casting, it was a rather short burst of flame rather than a continuous stream. Is that right?

It should be a continuous stream as long as you hold down the button. However, sometimes the stream gets interrupted by something, so you only get a burst. I still haven't narrowed down what causes the interruption, so it may not be something I can fix. Sometimes you can get a continuous stream after trying a couple of times.

P.S.: Molag Bal really feels like a bad fit for this mod as he's all about breaking and destroying the weak, not empowering them.

Molag Bal is about domination and enslavement, not just breaking down the weak. He's the creator of vampires. In Dawnguard, Serana says she and her family underwent a "degrading" ritual with Molag Bal to get their powers. So submitting your soul to Molag Bal in exchange for greater power seems right up his alley.

This, I didn't know since I haven't done the Dawnguard quest yet. (I keep restarting before I get much beyond level 20-25, and I don't pursue the big quests as even with over 400-500 hours in game, I'm still just getting things setup and debugged for my (eventual) serious playthrough. :/ ) But if that's the case, then maybe he fits better than I thought. *shrugs* TIL.

Nice mod :)

3 notes for becomming a playable new way-of-life :

- Map is needed. Information can be easyly found with alt+tab+google or memory from other characters. But that's not a immersiv gameplay.

- Instant cast is too "instant". When player hold a very bit too long the mouse key during chat whit NPC, spell is cast, and if equiped spell is offensif... that means an instant reload...

- using the collar slot creates impossibility to use this mod with many other. 

DDBWitch+petcollar+trappedrubber... poor PC :P

DDBWitch+petcollar+trappedrubber... poor PC :P

This mod doesn't use collars any more, does it? I don't think it has since the first version. All you need is an armbinder or a pair of binding cuffs.

I'm using the xp32 skeleton extended 2.14, All the other mod this mod need. But i also use requiem and for some reason this mod will not let me set spells or shout to use when my character are in or out of an armbinder. Is Requiem the reason I can't get this mod working?

Also when I load a save even the same I just made form a new game my character hair disappear and the screen blink black and normal before it take me back to the main menu.

- Map is needed. Information can be easyly found with alt+tab+google or memory from other characters. But that's not a immersiv gameplay.

Disable "Hardcore effects" in the Devious Devices MCM before you put on the armbinder, and you can use menus like the map.

- Instant cast is too "instant". When player hold a very bit too long the mouse key during chat whit NPC, spell is cast, and if equiped spell is offensif... that means an instant reload...

Will have to look into that one. It's meant to cast when you press the mouse down, not after you hold it.

No collar in the latest version. Just an ability. Make sure your version is up to date.

I'm using the xp32 skeleton extended 2.14, All the other mod this mod need. But i also use requiem and for some reason this mod will not let me set spells or shout to use when my character are in or out of an armbinder. Is Requiem the reason I can't get this mod working?

I don't use Requiem, but there shouldn't be a conflict. You have to assign some spells/shouts to the 1-8 hotkeys before you can use them while bound. Once you're bound, use those numbered hotkeys to pick a spell/shout before casting.

Also when I load a save even the same I just made form a new game my character hair disappear and the screen blink black and normal before it take me back to the main menu.

This mod doesn't change anything to do with hairs so it may be a problem with other mods or your Skyrim install. Try going back to vanilla Skyrim and adding mods one by one until you can figure out which mod causes the problem.

[...]

Disable "Hardcore effects" in the Devious Devices MCM before you put on the armbinder, and you can use menus like the map.

[...]

Will have to look into that one. It's meant to cast when you press the mouse down, not after you hold it.

[...]

No collar in the latest version. Just an ability. Make sure your version is up to date.

[...]

* thanks for this idea, you save me !

For "a release quality" (not actual), I'm thinking that isn't a detail anymore. Because it don't make the difference between the punishement-trap (where lost map is only a casual problem), And a continous way of life.

* Problem of instant cast occurs just after the closing option text with canalysed spells (flame, heal...). I don't think to a bug, but the normal way for this kind of spell. (left-mouse is hold down, so the canalysed spell exists)

But here, the no-delay of action is a gameplay problem.

It seams to me, the easiest correction (security tool) would be to force the equipement of a safe slot spell (p.e. heal in slot 8) at each chat beginning.

* Crap... sorry... mod version was updated, but not my brain. :wacko:

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to drop in and show my support for the mod, since I've been a long fan of bondage witches. Made my own version for pathfinder and dnd too :P. Anyway I always thought it was odd that arm binders prevented shouts, and not gags. Anything you could do to fix that with your mod? Otherwise, some suggestions for effects for other restraints!

Gags= Inability to shout, but a buff to magic regen so we can cast more frequently. Probably also fair to hit your speech skill :P Could also do perhaps waterbreathing :) I wonder if an effect similar to  the ring of sustanence so ya dont get hungry with like RND or other similar mods is possible?

Blindfolds= What is the range of the detect vision? Maybe the range could be increased incrementally based on your Alteration level? Havent tried wandering around blindfolded but figured Id offer that. In my own experience I like using predator vision, witch brightens up the screen a little and gives that same sort of heat vision effect. Would be cool if yours did something like that though, sort of like a "spirit vision" effect or something. Hard to describe without a picture but I could provide one if desired!

Arm/Leg Cuffs= Increase magic points a small amount each? Something like one of the enchanted rings, Id say anywhere between 20 and 50 points is fair since well, they dont really do much other than make ya fumble weapon attacks. Wish there was some more leg cuffs with hobble chains that maybe slow your movement speed some or something.

Collar= I sorta liked how cursed loot has some special collars. Could do something to that effect though, possible that shop owners figure they can screw you some in prices if they see a collar on you. In exchange could give faster exp gain in magic perhaps, or a generic "all spells cost less" enchantment.

Slave boots= It slows your speed, but maybe something like water walking or a float effect so you can fall without hurting yourself~ :)

Nipple rings= Wouldnt mind a set that looked like bells, could give you a penalty to sneak, jingle when ya move, and maybe give ya boost to something music related~ Too bad being a bard isnt really that important in skyrim. Otherwise, if only the soul gem ones are possible, since soul gems are used for enchanting things is it possible that they might have a random enchantment/effect on equip?

Chastity belt= Should increase damage depending on your arousal level. Maybe also give some scaling armor bonus

Chastity Bra= Armor scaling bonus would make sense here too. But perhaps if you get nipple casting working [yes I did read before about the problems] that certain bras [maybe gem ones?] might increase your magic damage too~ :P

Slave Harness= I really like the slave harness, but its difficult to think of things. A simple one would be scaling armor, but maybe a speech increase since most people will comment that you look sexy when gagged in a harness.

Mittens= I heard we will have mittens/gloves of some kind eventually. I dont think it would matter much with our hands already bound behind us, but Id think anything like lockpicking, crafting, unarmed damage etc would take a penalty in return for something... hmm, not sure on what that something would be. Maybe constant Telekenesis so we can move things? :)

• 2 months later...