[WIP] Tentacle Parasite

DixiePig

Playing around with the textures a bit I don't have the magna body so the body is invisible. 

What body mod did you use as a template for the body? The reason I'm asking is because to be able to use Gerra6's clothing converter to try to convert it to a different body you need the unaltered template or something close to it to use as the from template body because if you use the body that is in the armor as the from body the clothing converter will pop those dents/smooshed spots out.

The armor looks great. Thank you for sharing.

wow those textures seem so right!!  good job there!

Yeah same here. I wish I had the "get up and go" to spend time learning this stuff. Sadly im like Homer Simpson "every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out" so i'll wait impatiently until someone sorts out a UNPB version, at which point i'll be a happy fella.

:P

Yeah same here. I wish I had the "get up and go" to spend time learning this stuff. Sadly im like Homer Simpson "every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out" so i'll wait impatiently until someone sorts out a UNPB version, at which point i'll be a happy fella.

is anyone working on it? :o

lol invisble body

is anyone working on it? :o

It's a WIP, uses manga body, and it's a resource; so it's really not going to work unless you've got the meshes for the manga body already (as you can see from a few posts up.) Dixiepig is working on it slowly and is releasing it as resource for other mods to make use of it.

... so it's really not going to work unless you've got the meshes for the manga body already (as you can see from a few ...

Technically it dosent matter what body you use.

The body you use will be replaced with the body ( or body parts ) the Nif of the armor contains.

I'm pretty sure he just forgot to rename the Nif's.

The Monster_0 and Monster_1 Nifs contain the "armor" but no body.

If you use these you'll see the armor but your body is not showing up.

The MonsterFull nifs contain the armor with the body, if you rename these to Monster_0 and Monster_1, it'll work.

Update: I have run out of leads. It's not bone weights. I know of no reason that may prevent it from working. It does not work.

No, wait, hang on, could be my personal set-up. If someone with the files could just confirm with showracemenu that it doesn't work, that would be lovely.

I don't have the magna body so the body is invisible.

what the pass rar?

lol invisble body

Yeah same here.

i want to try it. but every time i download it and put it in nmm i keep getting could not extract file ,file is corrupted

This has been a lesson in design. Seriously. Thank you. I thought that no-one would have a problem since all the information you needed was in the readme and in more than one forum post. That was arrogant of me.

The thing I uploaded demands more technical literacy because it is for people who can help me figure out what is wrong so I can finish it and release it to everyone.

I don't WANT you to use an unfinished version. But since we're at this point and I'm out of time:

TentacleArmor.001

No pasword, no testing .nifs. just extract to your install directory.

dixie, if you somewhat still visit here, can i have the _0 pre sculpted body and the sculpted ones that still exist before export? thankies c:

Yes, I can clean up the .blend and give it to you. But let me just reiterate: IGNORE THE BODIES. They won't scale. I will re-do them if and when I can get scaling to work. Password is dixiepig, again.

https://mega.co.nz/#!oAAHSBQQ!eSQFYCQKUZeydKfY3kS9l9xf0jFvyHKqEDsaH939TlA

The password is dixiepig.

If you or anyone else can succeed in exporting the tentacle armor such that it scales correctly, please let me know, maybe we can work through it and I can find the bug. It could be an incorrectly checked box in my export settings or something.

If you like the quality of work or visual style I've shown on this thread, remember that it's not just this one mod that is at stake here. It's also every thing I may make after: Something is far more likely to get made if I have a creative whim and I KNOW I can execute it.

Some users don't read readmes or anything else, text is invisible to them ^^ The sneakiest way to make them would have been to put a password protected archive inside another archive containing the readme and only reveal the password there. But then you'd probablish have a wave of questions asking for password XD

Anyways I just had a thought! How exactly do you create your _1 mesh? Do you complete your _0 weight and then go from there or try to make them simultaneously?

I do everything according to Nightasy's tutorials (https://www.youtube.com/user/NightasyTutorials) so I start with _0 and then create my _1 from that mesh. I don't really know if it could have anything to do with it but that's the only option left, I can't imagine any other reasons that haven't been mentioned yet ._.

@sikamikanico78

Thank you I tried to keep the bone area untouched but between the redo undo option in gimp2 I must of undid past the lassoed spot but didn't feel like lassoing the whole thing again. Nice pictures.

@DixiePig

I was basically just checking to see how the textures looked even if I could of worn it with the body in it there would of been texture problems with the breast and nasty hip marks because I use UNP/7BASE. I switched it later after the picture to see how it looks with the body in it.

post-25667-0-29053400-1417101063_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-75480700-1417101083_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-03760300-1417101111_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-43379600-1417101141_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-85823000-1417101163_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-34502100-1417101236_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-16820200-1417101255_thumb.jpg

*Edit 

Tried a different texture this time.

post-25667-0-49827300-1417114873_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-41692200-1417114929_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-02319700-1417114939_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-85771500-1417114980_thumb.jpg

With a vague question like that it is really hard to answer that without more information. Like when does the CTD happen or how does the CTD happen. If it is a CTD at the game logo that means missing master if it is a CTD when equipping the armor it means incorrect skeleton. You need a BBP skeleton as the the armor has BBP.

I use http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/676-xp32-maximum-skeleton-extended/ XP32Maximum Skeleton Extended by Groovtama Read what is needed to install it and read everything so that you don't miss anything. 

If you are using a custom race you may have to copy those skeleton files into your players folder to overwrite their files as many custom followers are set up different.

Archived