[WIP] Tentacle Parasite

DixiePig

I love this armor so much! It reminds me of the amazing facehuggers from WolfZQs cursed armor labyrinth. A shame that they never made it to Skyrim.

The idea with the constant stimulation is awsome. How ever this turns out, I'm most thankful for your effort, DixiePig!!!

I love this armor so much! It reminds me of the amazing facehuggers from WolfZQs cursed armor labyrinth. A shame that they never made it to Skyrim.

The idea with the constant stimulation is awsome. How ever this turns out, I'm most thankful for your effort, DixiePig!!!

Talking about face huggers reminds me of HR Geiger's stuff too which is very much in this vein.

okay just looked at the 2 pics on the first page.

This is brilliant and I fucking love it especially if it is going to have effects and stuff.
This is the kind of stuff that make me start playing skyrim again and again!

My eyes are hurting me cause I've been doing stupid shit for the last 10 hours so excuse me if I skipped over some of the items mentioned in the thread... but

Animations... tear apart the Angeli animated Dildo for skyrim http://www.loverslab.com/topic/21194-animated-dildo/

That should give you an idea on animation settings you might be able to use.

And for collision.... Create an custom xml file that gives one of the bones in the armor colliion effect (you can use one of the unused bones that are currently in the xmpse 2.14 skeleton so Outfit Studio will no delete it when people open it up to look under the hood and try to convert it to other body types).

Then add in the NiStringExtraData line to the nifs in nifscope (both the 0 and the 1).

Include the xml with the outfit and test and see if the animated tentacle will collide with the breast in the way you desire.

If you are lucky it will and we will all bow to you while we look on drooling.....

Anyway nice outfit!!!!

That sounds worth a look. Could you elaborate/link to more information?

On the collision side.

Pick a bone or bone mount (can't remember) and create a xml that includes that bone with collision information in it.

Place the xml file in the same folder as the armor.

Set the NiStringExtraData to point to the xml file...

So if the armor goes into \meshes\armor\tentacle armor\

and you name the xml collide.xml

The NiStringExtraData would point to  "\meshes\armor\tentacle armor\collide.xml"

For more info on that you can look up HDT collision by male hands and female head.

In the HDT collision set a NiStringExtraData line is added to each of the male hands 0 and 1 nif files pointing to the "\skse\plugings\hdtm.xml"  xml file and a NiStringExtraData line is added to the female head pointing to the "\skse\plugins\hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml" xml file.

The objective of that is to remove the need for the HavokObject.esp in a persons load order.

But sometimes this can cause issues with many male character in the game not wearing cloves and cause CTD's (it just puts to much of a load on Skyrim when to many guys are walking around without gloves).

The Alternate method of the above is for the male body to point to the xml file instead of the hands, this way collision is only enabled when the guys are naked.... supposedly.

I've never really got it to work on the collision side for the males, but for the females if the hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml has collision enabled properly for the breast and the female head is pointed to that file then when a female character brushes up against her own breasts they will move... there are a couple of youtube shots of that in action... but that is a simple move up or down, I'm not sure if the collision would work from side to side or give a squishing effect.

For the animation stuff.

I haven't pulled Angile's dildo apart to figure out if the animated bits are in the nif or in the esp that enables the animation... but I do know it works I had it installed for a while.

It's just not currently in my load order (hmm may add that back).

But judging by the "mykatana" or "3 katana" mod I would say the animation is in the nif file some where.

Have fun... oh and can I request a CBBE base version, I could use it as a test bed for a certain project I'm working on.

Update: in-game testing.

ICzeOw.jpg

Bone weight copy didn't handle this very well, so I touched it up by hand. Taking good screenshots is harder than expected.

32KR3c.jpg

yE6eNI.jpg

Have fun... oh and can I request a CBBE base version, I could use it as a test bed for a certain project I'm working on.

Nice work.

Wondering, if worn, does the parasite...

- body / tentacle pulse?

- will it move a little and squeeze the breast or shake it

- will some fluids drip from time to time?

-- basically, will it look alive?

I completely forgot to talk about deliverables. The project will be complete when I have a mesh and texture working in-game that deforms well to animations and scales with body weight. At that point I will release it here on Loverslab as a resource, along with the .blend and .psd for anyone who may wish to modify it.

After that, I'm considering doing any or none of : Making an .esp with a spell or something, converting to CBBE, HDT support, experimenting with custom animated textures, experimenting with custom bone animations, and making further alternate versions as people have suggested (also, nipple suckers?).

At the moment animating textures seems like the most attractive option. I know you can make panning and zooming animations, I don't know about animated sprites. Do you think it may be possible to make it feel alive just by animating the textures? Perhaps something like throbbing and pulsating by controlling the strength of the normal map. I know from the outset I wanted some dripping white fluid. I don't yet know how viable that would be.

Talking about face huggers reminds me of HR Geiger's stuff too which is very much in this vein.

You're actually right on the money. This project was inspired by coming across Giger's artwork for the first time. I think it may have been this one.

Thanks for the comments, let me know any suggestions.

That looks so frickin COOL! I can't wait. I just want to run around wearing it. Seriously. 

On the note of animating, I think, if it's possible, it'd be the easiest route to go, and probably the most convincing without having to recreate meshes and turn this fun idea into a total job. Well done textures/normals do some amazing things.  

I have to say... any craft sufficiently advanced compared to the capabilities of the viewer might seem like magic... but DixiePig, this is definitely magic to me. I am not even sure how I would start doing something like this with a pen and paper, and it probably would take me weeks to do a chair in a 3d editor...

For leaking take a look at some of the stuff in the Zaz 6.0 pack....

I think it is called "leaky pussy" or "pussy drip" for the leaking animation (it kicks off about every 3 seconds or so in game).

If you have Zaz 6.0 installed you can COC to his test area and it is in one of the 2 chests.

When doing a TFC and having it worn by my charcter I could see that the leak animation actually starts inside the body and then falls out of the crotch and goes close to the ground before it disappears.

I don't think it does a wet spots on the floor (if it did that would be nice).

You could probably take that mesh and move its location from being inside the female body to coming from the tip that is in between the breasts....

Or if you want the female to leak every couple of seconds from her crotch, you could just have the Zaz pack a requirement and set up the esp to add that when the torso item is worn....  so there would be 2 files in the worn armor section I think...

For Wiggle and flex an animated texture along with it having the breast bone weights done properly could give the illusion of it being alive and coiled around the wearer.

As for High and Low weights for the armor you can create those in Outfit Studio from the Base Manga body.

I've been working with sliders for the last couple of days getting Unified UNP up and running...

How to create a Low from the High mesh in Outfit Studio.

1. Open Bodyslide then open Outfit Studio.

2. In Outfit Studio go to file and "Load Outfit" go to the data\meshes\actors\character\character assets\ folder and select "femalebody_0.nif (if you have the manga body installed that will be the manga bodies low weight file).

3. With the manga body 0 loaded in OS Click on Shape and in the drop down "Export Shape to Obj" name it manga0.obj

This will create an object that matches the shape of the manga body 0 weight.

4. Close and reopen Outfit Studio (this will zero out the outfit side).

5. Open the femalebody_1.nif as a reference (this is the manga body 100 weight).

6. With the High weight loaded as a reference click on the slider option at the top and choose "New Slider" name it "Manga High to Low".

7. Click on the new slider and set it to edit mode (it should go a pinkish purple).

8. With the slider in edit mode go to the top and click on slider and in the drop down choose "Import Slider Data" then "Import obj"

A small window should open up and you now need to find the manga0.obj you created in step 3.

Once the object file is select the manga body 100 weight should switch to the 0 weight.

Run the slider back to 0 (which puts the shape in Outfit Studio back to Manga Body's 100 weight).

9. Load the Armor for the Manga body 100 weight as an outfit.

10. Click on the slider button at the top and choose "Conform to all" this will conform the armor to the slider you just created.

11. Flip the slider to 100 and the armor should go to the Manga body 0 weight.

12. With the armor in the 0 weight, click on file, export current/export nif. This will take the current shape of the item in Outfit Studio and export it to a nif file. Name it the same as the 100 weight armor but as the _0.nif (the torso bit you opened should have a _1.nif ending by the way).

You should end up with a low weight version of the torso with the exact weight painting the high weight version had.

You can even do a "Save project As" and it will create a copy of the torso's mesh, and a *.bsd file that is the pure data listing of for the slider.

Note: *.bsd files will only work for the body type they were created from.

At any time you can open that project inside outfit Studio by clicking File and then "Load Project". then hunt down the xml file that goes with the project you created (by default Outfit Studio should save projects to the "Data\CalienteTools\BodySlide\SliderSets" folder.

If you make more then just a torso piece then you can use the slider that is created in that project to create the low parts from any other item you work on (say a naughty tentacle belt or something)....

Load the project then load the item you need to convert as an outfit, conform to sliders, flip the slider to 100 and bang... you have a low weight of that item.

Damn I think I've spent to much time mucking around in Outfit Studio this last week!!!

Edited cause I put object in to place it should have said outfit... man I now know I've been spending to much time in Outfit Studio dealing with sliders.... I'm mixing up object and outfit... time to watch a movie or something...

UPDATE: Sculpting.

ZWOjgW.png

Did you use zBrush to make this..? or..?

I wanna try reimitate it in sculptris >.> but  (_ _")

I'm just using Blender, Photoshop, and Nifskope. I've wanted to try Zbrush ever since I saw Rango, but I've been working without a tablet on a crappy laptop so I've been relying on subsurf modelling for the most part.

So I'm very inexperienced with sculpting, luckily the tentacles only require a crude attempt. This lumpy effect will be more subtle in-game as it'll all be in the normal map. But I'm more pleased with the softer, more organic edges of the bone parts in this sculpt, I thought the sharp look in first renders I posted looked pretty cheap.

I've also completely redone the bottom left tentacle. I looked at it in-game and realised it was crap and stupid and fake-looking and very easily misread. I suppose I was going for a kind of "peering" effect like it was aware of it's surroundings but I don't think it'll feel genuine without animation. So Instead I tried to give it a kind of lazy, possessive bent, curling to rest on her waist.

YYpiqp.png

It looks really cool! But will it be only for the Manga body?

For now. I want to finish it before I start thinking about body conversions. I actually used CBBE in my last couple of playthroughs, and having worked with the manga body I have to say that I've come to dislike it, mostly for technical reasons.

I have to say... any craft sufficiently advanced compared to the capabilities of the viewer might seem like magic... but DixiePig, this is definitely magic to me. I am not even sure how I would start doing something like this with a pen and paper, and it probably would take me weeks to do a chair in a 3d editor...

It's weird, things like 3D modelling and digital painting and programming are widely seen as secret arts only for "gifted" people. But there's almost no barrier for entry. You just need a computer and time. Software and training are free. I've only been doing this for a couple of years, and I'm no artist. I just downloaded blender, did a couple of tutorials, and found it to be a lot of fun. I would sit down with it to unwind in the same way I would with a game, except I was actually getting real-life skills out of it which have proven very useful.

My reaction

*trim*

Heh, I had a similar reaction when I first saw this way back on page one, except  I think it was something more like:

post_16225_MINE_gif_CSAG.gif

Then as I remember I had to go find a mop to clean up the drool.  

Seriously though, it looks amazing, and inspired me to get back to work on rebuilding the mod I lost when my computer fried itself (very long and painful story).

Archived