[WIP] Tentacle Parasite

DixiePig

KejQ5Q.png

Hm I don't like it. Is it a second parasite or a addition? If it is the former how does it hold on to the head, is it the second one than where is the bridge between both part.

But the idea of a second parasit on the head isn't bad, maybe something like the head crab from Half Life or from the Alien movies.

Keep the face thingy and make it animated, It makes it interesting, if it's becaouse you dont like it beinf a secondary part, attach it along the jawline or have it a body part (like pedicels on ant parts) attaching to the main body.

UPDATE: completed UV map, and baked AO, normals, lightmap, etc. Threw some colors into it. It looks terrible right now but it'll do for testing purposes.

yGVQ9l.png

I haven't decided on a palette yet but I was thinking of having a warm white color for the bone parts and have the tentacle parts be a dark purple, becoming brighter and redder towards their extremities.

The uv mapping turned out to be far less painful than I thought. I was expecting all these tapering, branching organic shapes to result in a nightmare, but the care I took in the topology stage really paid off.

I'm sorry for not being clearer about that render of the headpiece: I'm not making it. Here's what my workflow basically looks like:

Honeymoon phase:

• collecting reference images
  • concept sketching
  • subsurf modelling

Work phase:

• sculpting
  • retopology
  • uv mapping
  • texture baking
  • weight painting

Bash face against wall phase:

• juggle between blender versions
  • exporting
  • create correct nifskope data
  • create mod in creation kit
  • test in-game

Work again:

• texture diffuse map
  • mix normal maps
  • more testing

The imoprtant thing is that whatever I decide to keep from the honeymoon phase will require a huge amount of much more boring work. This will make the project drag on and increase the chances of failure.

As a rule of thumb, project_length is inversely proportional to will_to_live.

Just look at this crossbow that never saw the light of day or got a proper texture:

gzIzy3.png

So it's important to distill the idea from the outset, and prune as much as possible as soon as possible. You have to think being efficient about what you want to accomplish and versatile art that can be used in many ways. Bethesda Studios has to be very good at this. They have a huge world to populate with art, so they make a (relatively) small number of elegant assets, and give character to the world by creatively combining them.

So, you guys are right: Getting creative with orifices and making a headpiece and gloves and shoes (just imagine: bones growing out of the sole to form high heels) would be AWSOME, and also would allow you to do more creative things like you've suggested. But if I only make the torso, then I will have accomplished what I set out to do... does that make sense?

Incidentally, I've made an alternate version in the interest of being more versatile:

nOJkG4.png

I'm kinda married to the idea of having it between her breasts so I'm also doing that, but this version should play a lot nicer with peoples' various mod ideas and nifskope mashups.

At the moment I'm at the stage of exporting, which is unfamiliar territory and has a lot of frustrations. The CK reads the .nif but renders it completely black, and in-game it doesn't render at all. I expect to bang my head against this wall until it works or I give up, but if that problem sounds familiar to anyone I would love some advice.

I'm going to try to make this hdt compatible and see how far I get. It's looking like making it on the manga body first may have been a mistake, but it's too late now, so I'll finish and release it for the manga body, then look into reshaping it to cbbe as an extra bit of work. If anyone has experiece with converting armors to bodyslide and hdt I would greatly appreciate a link to a tutorial or bullet list of steps or something.

Thanks once again for comments. Yor suggestions are cool, and I'll be releasing the .blend and .psd files if any of you are interested on expanding it to your own ideas. Technical criticisms are very welcome and encouraged.

Yay updates!!! *squeals like a happy lil schoolgirl* That purple is fecking awesome... 

And your ideas are just that. Your ideas. Input from 20-100 different people is always grand (and also extremely frustrating, lol) But it's still your idea and it's got to be what makes you all warm and fizzy inside.

And because I can't contribute anything towards the actual workflow I'll just say... woohooo tentacles!!!~

The option without the tentacle between the breasts would be great, but only if it doesn't suck up too much time for you. Would rather you hit your main goals, than not achieve them while trying to cater to things requested by the masses which are outside your interests. After all, if you ask, you'll get hundreds of suggestions - as suggestions are easy to produce unlike this type of quality work :)

Concentrate on the body shape you like, more time efficient ;) Been meaning to try to figure out bodyslide anyway... :D

I would say it is perfect.

Maybe a tentacle ending between the legs either at the asshole or pussy (to look like it is penetrating her) would be nice.

What i'm hoping for is there will be some event that it does penetrate, and possibly impregnate the wearer.....With Chaurus! 

This should be easy. Only needs a script to attach to it waiting, dunno 1h, then get a randomly choose 0 or 1. If 1 then insert chaurus sperm into wearer, if 0 then wait another 1h. After that it should work with every pregnancy mod.

@DixiePig:

Just a question isn't the color map a bit over complicated if the tentacle only have one color? I'm just asking as I don't have a clue about creating a model and coloring it.

UPDATE: Breast Sculpting!

eiCUtV.png

I think someone might find it useful to know how I did this.

Modelling the Manga body directly is a hellish nightmare which will trouble my sleep for years to come. If you try to do anything with it, the results WILL look blocky, lumpy, and awkwardly formed. This arises from the triangulated mesh, the high poly-count, and the toplogy. My solution was to build a better model for editing, then conform the mesh to the surface of the model.

FcvDM4.png

The model is subsurfed, which lets you control the shape with relatively few vertices. The topolgy is very even, unlike the manga body which becomes exponentially more dense towards the nipple. You get this good topology by starting with a cube and subdividing, instead of using a UV sphere:

Oe9PZp.png

So once I had my simplified breast model, I used proportional editing on the mesh to push it up and squeeze it together. Then I sculpted furrows where the tentacles pressed in, and bulges around the furrows using the clay brush. The rough rule I followed was that the deeper the furrow ran, the higher and further away the bulge. even out the curve of the bulge with the fill and smooth brushes (the results shown here are good enough for me for now, could be better).
Once it looked good I did the same with the manga body, but rougher: Proportional edit to get the rough shape, sculpt to approximate the curves. At this stage it looks truly awful.

The next thing is to apply a shrinkwrap modifier to conform the Manga body to the surface of the sculpted model. The crucial thing here is that the shrinkwrap modifier will squash the shape of the nipple and produce artifacts where the mesh is very dense. The solution is weight painting to control where and how much is deformed:

m6ODnC.png

And then you'll have a nicely squeezed smooth body.

XTZvuN.png

I also successfully exported the tentacle mesh into Skyrim. The problem with the mesh rendering black in the CK and not at all in-game was due to the UV map missing This was fixed by attaching a material with a texture to the mesh prior to exporting.

Ooh, also: HDT appears to be working just fine! Kind of did it by accident. All you need is to have the vertex wieghts, which were copied over from the manga body.

@DixiePig:

Just a question isn't the color map a bit over complicated if the tentacle only have one color? I'm just asking as I don't have a clue about creating a model and coloring it.

Oh man, you are in for a treat! Every onion-layer to the answer to this question will change the way you look at the world forever. Pursue it! Here's my short version:

• Nothing in nature is one color
  • Screw nature anyway because "reality is unrealistic": The goal of "realism" remains eternally out of reach
  • If instead of trying to simulate reality, we try to understand and apply the principles of art, we get results that are far more beliveable
  • Even cinema and photography which directly deal with reality must appy the principles of art
  • So, important distinction: believability is created not by making it realistic but by CLEARLY COMMUNICATING IT (the testing texture above does this very poorly btw)
  • To this end we employ many techniques that have no basis in reality, for example ambient occlusion makes objects darker where they are less exposed, thus making things more readable.
  • In CG especially, it is sterility that kills believablilty. So throwing in some variations to tone and color to an ostensibly flat texture can change it from "I am playing Skyrim" to "I AM THE DOVAHKIIN!"

Check this out: this is HOT. Also note that even though Skyrim's art style is completely different, it still employs exactly the same principles and techniques. If you find it interesting check out James Gurney's blog. Heaps of cool info and interesting stories there. I remember being delighted to find that Skyrim's concept artist was also a fan.

My eyes are hurting me cause I've been doing stupid shit for the last 10 hours so excuse me if I skipped over some of the items mentioned in the thread... but

Animations... tear apart the Angeli animated Dildo for skyrim http://www.loverslab.com/topic/21194-animated-dildo/

That should give you an idea on animation settings you might be able to use.

And for collision.... Create an custom xml file that gives one of the bones in the armor colliion effect (you can use one of the unused bones that are currently in the xmpse 2.14 skeleton so Outfit Studio will no delete it when people open it up to look under the hood and try to convert it to other body types).

Then add in the NiStringExtraData line to the nifs in nifscope (both the 0 and the 1).

Include the xml with the outfit and test and see if the animated tentacle will collide with the breast in the way you desire.

If you are lucky it will and we will all bow to you while we look on drooling.....

Anyway nice outfit!!!!

My eyes are hurting me cause I've been doing stupid shit for the last 10 hours so excuse me if I skipped over some of the items mentioned in the thread... but

Animations... tear apart the Angeli animated Dildo for skyrim http://www.loverslab.com/topic/21194-animated-dildo/

That should give you an idea on animation settings you might be able to use.

And for collision.... Create an custom xml file that gives one of the bones in the armor colliion effect (you can use one of the unused bones that are currently in the xmpse 2.14 skeleton so Outfit Studio will no delete it when people open it up to look under the hood and try to convert it to other body types).

Then add in the NiStringExtraData line to the nifs in nifscope (both the 0 and the 1).

Include the xml with the outfit and test and see if the animated tentacle will collide with the breast in the way you desire.

If you are lucky it will and we will all bow to you while we look on drooling.....

Anyway nice outfit!!!!

That sounds worth a look. Could you elaborate/link to more information?

To the creator: dude, uber-awesome job!

I'd recommend, as others have, that you finish the version closest to your heart (that was Manga body with a dickentacle between the breasts, right?).

The other mod projects, such as the sexual parasite / symbiont dynamically-applied unremovable armor project, can later tear your work apart and use it as a resource. The mentioned symbiont would probably have to have a permanent penetration (something at the vag and clit), since the posts on the thread universally seem to demand disabled SL sex when infected with the parasite.

A version for the base UNP body would need a complete overhaul, since having the dildo stuck between the breasts wouldn't really work below weight 50, so, I say it again, just do it for yourself, the community here will take it apart and rework it for each mod's individual needs.

P.S. Nice crossbow. A little bit of fine detail work around the trigger and the front end, and its aokay

Archived