I'v lost Lydia! =(

Krispies

I lost Lydia while travelling and then she vanished :s. I tried fast travelling and she did not appear and i waited 24hours but nothing. I went back and check dragon search but she wasn't there' date=' and i don't own a home in Skyrim.

Please help!

[/quote']

If you don't yet own Breezehome then that means she shouldn't be your Housecarl yet . So as far as I know she SHOULD be somewhere in Dragonsreach in Whiterun . They do take their time in getting back sometimes though so give her a day or two . It's also not impossible for a follower to get killed while they're not following you ( I had Sven kick the bucket when he wasn't following my character as he left some money in his will ) .

If you don't yet own Breezehome then that means she shouldn't be your Housecarl yet . So as far as I know she SHOULD be somewhere in Dragonsreach in Whiterun . They do take their time in getting back sometimes though so give her a day or two . It's also not impossible for a follower to get killed while they're not following you ( I had Sven kick the bucket when he wasn't following my character as he left some money in his will ) .

Will she still have my stuff though? Because i think she had about 7 dragon bones and a few dragon scales...

You should use NPC editor to make her essential (unkillable) or else you will lose her for ever later in the game because it gets harder

Nah, you just have to be careful. If she is beaten by an enemy and her health is low, she will just kneel down/crouch. But if you use some AoE spell like fireball, or a dragon shout, she will be killed. I played the whole game, and I only killed her three or four times. I just reloaded a previous save and tried again.

I was always so used to the 'injured crouchng' that I got lulled into a flase sense of security. I assumed they were essential, since she never died in combat, no mater how many times she got beaten down. Then, I witness my Lydia fighting a Falmer on a narrow walkway... before both plunged deep into a Dwemer ruin.

I expected her to be fine.

Then I found her body, dead next to the corpse of the Falmer she had plunged with.

T'was a sad day. I was gobsmacked.

I was always so used to the 'injured crouchng' that I got lulled into a flase sense of security. I assumed they were essential' date=' since she never died in combat, no mater how many times she got beaten down. Then, I witness my Lydia fighting a Falmer on a narrow walkway... before both plunged deep into a Dwemer ruin.

Then I found her body, dead next to the corpse of the Falmer she had plunged with.

[/quote']

lol followers are immune to everything except for you and gravity xD i found out the hard way to daguy, my lydia fell off one of the ruins in black reach, had to go back many saves u.u

I was always so used to the 'injured crouchng' that I got lulled into a flase sense of security. I assumed they were essential' date=' since she never died in combat, no mater how many times she got beaten down. Then, I witness my Lydia fighting a Falmer on a narrow walkway... before both plunged deep into a Dwemer ruin.

[/quote']

lol followers are immune to everything except for you and gravity xD i found out the hard way to daguy, my lydia fell off one of the ruins in black reach, had to go back many saves u.u

My Lydia was once hit by a Rock at the head and she died.....

AND BEWARE the Falmer have a poisen which can kill your NPC and

even you (even if you are a Vampire or have 100% poison resist) cause it goes through everything.

btw if your Lydia dies you can open the console "^" click on her and type resurrect or restart and she is alive again...

BEWARE... when you open the console you need to restart your game to get Achievements.....

Pretty sure you can have Lydia before you buy Breezehome. You just have to be Thane, I thought, and she'll wait for you in the front hall of Dragonsreach until you buy Breezehome and move in. Then she'll move into your room and watch you sleep while nomming your delicious bread at your personal table. Guess your spouse sleeps in the guest room or something. Regardless, behold! A simple bat file fix to Skyrim's habit of losing your followers when they aren't dead.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=2849

Useful if you lose them in a dungeon or during a quest and don't feel like running back to town, or if you say, send Vigilance home and want him back, but don't feel like paying another five hundred septims despite having already bought the little bastard once.

Archived