After using the console to add one of the enchanted weapons to my test PC, I discovered that only one of the magic effects was applied to it, when I used three for that particular weapon. Maybe this is because I used tweaked vanilla effects and grouped them together. Next I'm going to try making custom magic effects using those same tweaked vanilla effects, but I will try to group each of them into their own custom magic effect together, according to how each poison is supposed to work.

Arrows fired from that enchanted weapon had no effect at all.

I'm going to look over the magic affects dialogue box now.

EDIT: cannot group multiple magic effects into one.

I had a go at creating an enchanted arrow, paralysis for 25 seconds. I succeeded, using a tutorial off YouTube, with a few tweaks to get it to work. As it stands the YouTube tutorial has the same problem as you do. In other words, they fire and nothing happens. A simple tweak fixed it...

My Tweak = Change the targeting method to Aimed if it doesn't work.

Strange thing, I took on Solitude with my overpowered arrows. And took out all the guards until they suddenly started getting my paralysis arrows, I think the arrows were going into their inventories when paralysed, and when they came to, they kicked my arse with my own arrows...

You'll have to tweak ownership of the arrows, if the people you shoot them at are using the arrows you shoot at them...

There is a vast amount of crazy stuff you can do with these arrows, LANDMINES, TIMED EXPLOSIVES, SPAWN STUFF, SPAWN CREATURES, MAGIC GALORE, HUGE EXPLOSIONS, LIGHT SOURCE ARROWS, MAGIC EFFECTS, GLOWING ARROWS, the list goes on...

So it's arrows then? That's excellent to know. Here I was trying to make it work as a poison with enchanted weapons. That still doesn't explain why my daggers won't apply the enchantment, but maybe it's an ownership issue as well.

I'll have a look at this tomorrow; I have things that demand my attention for the rest of today and tonight, including a job interview.

Keep up this kind of work, and I'll add you as a project member.

Thanks a ton.

After using the console to add one of the enchanted weapons to my test PC, I discovered that only one of the magic effects was applied to it, when I used three for that particular weapon. Maybe this is because I used tweaked vanilla effects and grouped them together. Next I'm going to try making custom magic effects using those same tweaked vanilla effects, but I will try to group each of them into their own custom magic effect together, according to how each poison is supposed to work.

Arrows fired from that enchanted weapon had no effect at all.

I'm going to look over the magic affects dialogue box now.

EDIT: cannot group multiple magic effects into one.

I had a go at creating an enchanted arrow, paralysis for 25 seconds. I succeeded, using a tutorial off YouTube, with a few tweaks to get it to work. As it stands the YouTube tutorial has the same problem as you do. In other words, they fire and nothing happens. A simple tweak fixed it...

My Tweak = Change the targeting method to Aimed if it doesn't work.

Strange thing, I took on Solitude with my overpowered arrows. And took out all the guards until they suddenly started getting my paralysis arrows, I think the arrows were going into their inventories when paralysed, and when they came to, they kicked my arse with my own arrows...

You'll have to tweak ownership of the arrows, if the people you shoot them at are using the arrows you shoot at them...

There is a vast amount of crazy stuff you can do with these arrows, LANDMINES, TIMED EXPLOSIVES, SPAWN STUFF, SPAWN CREATURES, MAGIC GALORE, HUGE EXPLOSIONS, LIGHT SOURCE ARROWS, MAGIC EFFECTS, GLOWING ARROWS, the list goes on...

So it's arrows then? That's excellent to know. Here I was trying to make it work as a poison with enchanted weapons. That still doesn't explain why my daggers won't apply the enchantment, but maybe it's an ownership issue as well.

I'll have a look at this tomorrow; I have things that demand my attention for the rest of today and tonight, including a job interview.

Keep up this kind of work, and I'll add you as a project member.

Thanks a ton.

I had a go at enchanting a dagger, it gives 25 seconds paralysis and about 5 hits. It can be dual wielded with any 1 handed weapon, I just used the enchantment that I made from the arrow tutorial on YouTube, and made Target = aim.

I think target = aim is the key to getting them to work, find a box with target next to it and change it to Aim... I could be wrong, but my dagger works...

The enchanted arrow video is loaded with good information. It's so loaded, I'll have to watch it several more times before I will be able to begin, but whatever must be done will be done.

Another area that I need to address, regarding the slaver's enchanted weapons, is that they are meant to have all of the magic effects of the poisons. This means that three of the enchantments need to carry one additional magic effect, and the most powerful enchantment needs to carry two additional magic effects. While I included all of the appropriate magic effects on each enchantment, only one even shows up in the game, and, likely, for reasons stated in the enchanted arrows video, it doesn't work.

The lack of additional magic effects may just need to be put on hold in favor of further development of the mod altogether.

The enchanted arrow video is loaded with good information. It's so loaded, I'll have to watch it several more times before I will be able to begin, but whatever must be done will be done.

Another area that I need to address, regarding the slaver's enchanted weapons, is that they are meant to have all of the magic effects of the poisons. This means that three of the enchantments need to carry one additional magic effect, and the most powerful enchantment needs to carry two additional magic effects. While I included all of the appropriate magic effects on each enchantment, only one even shows up in the game, and, likely, for reasons stated in the enchanted arrows video, it doesn't work.

The lack of additional magic effects may just need to be put on hold in favor of further development of the mod altogether.

What effect do you want...

Open the CK with Black Empire and search for "slav." If you search using the "all" category, you will find a lot of good explanations for how this stuff is meant to work.

These are the IDs of the poisons:

slav_mild_poison

slav_moderate_capture_poison

slav_potent_capture_poison

slav_frostbite_venom

Open the CK with Black Empire and search for "slav." If you search using the "all" category, you will find a lot of good explanations for how this stuff is meant to work.

These are the IDs of the poisons:

slav_mild_poison

slav_moderate_capture_poison

slav_potent_capture_poison

slav_frostbite_venom

It can be done, I had a play with the Creation Kit and found you can put multiple effects into one enchantment. I made a poison arrow that I think I modeled off the Frostbite Venom, it paralyses for 30 seconds and Leeches 14 health for 10 seconds. I made it with characters can have poison immunity or partial poison immunity in mind.

Tested it and it works, explosion is an ice explosion with normal loudness, as it would be...

I was right about the Target having to be set to Aimed for them to work...

post-566118-0-45454700-1415392620_thumb.png

post-566118-0-28246900-1415392663_thumb.png

I have some good news and some... err... confusing news; I finally have the enchantments on the Black Empire weapons working, but they don't work as intended.

I was testing the enchantment that has the three magic effects. The paralysis works, mostly (I'll explain later), the health drain, during the first tests, actually healed the target, and the slow effect didn't get a chance to prove itself either way because of the paralysis.

In the later tests tonight, the paralysis event triggered on a follower and the Black Empire Slavers, but it didn't end even after several minutes (it is timed for 65 seconds). The health drain, at this point, actually drained the targets' health, but the health was drained all at once, and not slowly according to the damage per ten seconds that I was hoping to accomplish (now that I think of it, I have another idea). Once again, I didn't get to see the slow effect in action due to the paralysis.

I'm going to try something different with the damage and effect timers. I'll check in later with the results.

I have some good news and some... err... confusing news; I finally have the enchantments on the Black Empire weapons working, but they don't work as intended.

I was testing the enchantment that has the three magic effects. The paralysis works, mostly (I'll explain later), the health drain, during the first tests, actually healed the target, and the slow effect didn't get a chance to prove itself either way because of the paralysis.

In the later tests tonight, the paralysis event triggered on a follower and the Black Empire Slavers, but it didn't end even after several minutes (it is timed for 65 seconds). The health drain, at this point, actually drained the targets' health, but the health was drained all at once, and not slowly according to the damage per ten seconds that I was hoping to accomplish (now that I think of it, I have another idea). Once again, I didn't get to see the slow effect in action due to the paralysis.

I'm going to try something different with the damage and effect timers. I'll check in later with the results.

Absorb on the enchantment, drains the health slowly in to the character who fired the arrow. You see a trail of red energy leave the character...

I'm a bit late in seeing this but these mods add paralysing arrows and darts that work, and I was wondering if there might be any clues in them that might help/be of use to you. 

1 - Throwing Darts

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53792/?

You can vary the period of paralysis (and I think damage inflicted too) using TES5Edit

2 - Poison Dart Launcher

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29514/?

I also managed to vary the damage inflicted with TES5Edit, and use crafted paralysis poison, the effective period being increased using

Dynamic Potions - Poisons & Ingredients

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/47521/?

3 - Reasons for changing base mod / other factors

If you change the damage done,  it allows for the NPC to be put into a bleedout state on the weapon hitting which is useful for activating a Paradise Halls capture when they exit the paralysed state, as their health is below the threshold for that to be used.  You have to be careful with the settings, to avoid over or under damage from the basic weapon delivered

Of the two mods, the latter has the better visual effect, in that it eliminates the 'stiff T pose' from the vanilla game, replcing it with the NPC exhibiting a natural ragdoll 'collapse', when used in conjunction with 'Paralyze' option from the mod:

Ragdoll Paralysis

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34108/?

4 - Other

There is also this mod

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57371/?

which allows various arrow 'poisonings'.  For a while there was also a standalone version with jsut the arrows,. but that seems to have been removed from the Nexus meantime

EDIT: The standalone version can be found on the author's site, here:

http://geekdominthenorth.net/mods-2/elis-poison-arrow-crafting/

5 - Follow up

I'll follow this with interest as I use these mods as a stealth 'capture' mechanism, and it would be interesting to see the effect being able to be used 'in reverse'

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That last mod looks promising to me. I'll have a closer look tomorrow, and I'll try to make something work with Black Empire.

To the folks who have been waiting, I am adjust g well to my new job, and the modder's itch is starting again.

Good about both the job and the itch :-)

Look forward to seeing how this progresses....

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey this may be a little bit out of the blue/unhelpful and not sure how successful you were in getting the paralysis arrows to work correctly, but i noticed one of the most recent version of PO patches made it so that the bounty hunter occasionally paralysed the target with arrows, and then also with could paralyse the character with their sword. I'm not sure whether this is worth looking into if this mod ever comes off its hiatus but was just throwing it out there in case it offered a helpful workaround.

Thanks. I may be working on other projects in the near future, so I don't think I'll be able to develop this any time soon; there is too much to learn for the scope that I want to cover.

With respect to PO patches, I'll have a look when the time comes, and maybe ask Inte about it. Skyrimll has already given me valuable insight into the poison thing, but I lack understanding in far too many areas to put it to use so far.

Thanks again.

Mod description doesn't tell you what the mod is about, only the affects and what the game adds...

I read through the comments, my own included from a while ago. And still couldn't work out what the mod is about...

You could do with updating the main page to include what the mod is about, with details such as what the Black Empire is, what effect it has on the player and game playing style, what the player can expect to see that is different from vanilla skyrim...

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I always wanted to see this mod completed.  I thing the Zaz prison overhaul bounty hunters paralyze my player better than anyone.  Usually when they are chasing me I find a ledge to get on and then get shot with a paralyzing spell.  I noticed that some of the mods programming on NPCs is used for other mods.  So that author might share some paralysis with you.  Can't wait to see the Coming Black Empire come to fruitation.