View File

I'm looking for an experienced modder to look over the file The Coming Black Empire. I've worked it to a point at which I can't get any method of paralyzing the player to work. So far I have built poisons, enchantments, and spells to try to make it work but I'm missing something. If someone who knows how to figure out this problem, I'll send the current version in a private message. I'm just in a spot where the road seems to end, but many others have made such things work. Help? thanks, folks.

I need feedback, so I can know how to proceed with future updates. Include how you are using the mod please. Thanks.

It may be worth noting that, if you use Angrim's Apprentice, you will not make it to the trap door at a low level. I placed the Black Empire goons at the same place as Skyrimll's trap door. I forgot about this, and meant to warn folks sooner, but now is still a good time to issue a warning. Have fun.

This mod expands my first mod, Crippling Poisons, and replaces it altogether.

Among the features in Black Empire are:

-Four new poisons with nasty effects (aimed at capturing actors, including the player)
-A new craftable alchemy/food ingredient (visit the nearest cooking workbench)
-Modified vanilla food recipes (original recipes still exist)
-A new NPC vendor who sells poisons (from a leveled list) as well as other alchemy related items
-Bandits carry poison leveled list
-Forsworn carry poison leveled list
-The poison health drain effect counts toward DAYMOYL bleedout.

Near future plans:

-Create a mess of NPCs for the Black Empire faction
-Create a poison attack (similar to charus attack) that bandits and Forsworn will use against the player and followers
-Make Skyrim less safe
-Maybe Dawnguard and Dragonborn food recipe modifications (don't count on it)
-Move Black Empire to "adult mods" catagory

Known Issues
-Poisons may drop too frequently
-Vendor carries a poison that is too high in level for my PC (lvl 20), but not the appropriate poison

OK, so I did manage to make poison weapon attacks and an NPC to test that, but the NPC required me to attack him before he would show aggression, and the poison weapon attack appears to not be attached to that NPC. I will have a look at falmers to see how they have their poison weapon attacks attached to them. I'll post more when I find it.

I tried to make the new NPC attack, but all he does is sit there or fuck people. He forced himself on my PC twice, and a dead dude once.

I attacked him to test the poison weapon spell I added to his spell list, but he doesn't use it. Maybe because it's a spell, and he is set for archery, he won't use the spell. I need help on this.

I figured out the key to making the NPC hostile toward the player; it was in the faction. It turns out, the NPC was required to be in the "PlayerEnemyFaction." I hadn't hoped for something so obvious, and, therefore, I missed it several times.

Now I just need to figure out how to make the NPC use that poison weapon spell against the player. I changed it to an ability, and nothing was different.

Have you tried giving them actual flasks of the poison? I know the standard NPC AIs can use potions, so I assume they could also poison their weapons.

I added a leveled list with all of the poisons to bandits and forsworn, as well as the new NPC. None of them have used a poison against me so far. After I get some sleep, I'll look through the AI packages for that.

Thanks, man.

Nothing in the AI package list, unless I just missed it.

I'm not a modder (disclaimer) but I do know that OBIS (Organized Bandits in Skyrim) has a thing in its mcm to allow bandits to have/use potions. Maybe looking at that could help?

In any case, best wishes, this looks quite interesting. Thank you.

OBIS gives the option to allow bandit s to have potions, but not the option to use them. I just looked, but I found no way to use OBIS to cause them to use them.

Anyway, I would like to do this without other mods as dependencies. I will have to add dependencies in later versions, there's no way around that, but I need to learn a lot before that even becomes possible; I want to learn stability before I go apeshit with other mods.

Thanks for your suuport.

I managed to have success in making the Black Empire NPC hostile toward my PC. The down side is, I made three more so they can work together, but they attack each other as well.

I also had success duplicating the poison effects as weapon enchantments, but they don't have any effect. I am diving back into the CK.

I finally got the Black Empire goons to work together and be friendly toward one another by adjusting the interfactional relationships. It was cake.

After all of that, that's enough for a while.

I like the potential you've got here.

You mentioned looking into how the Falmer poison their weapons.  I did a little digging.  The Falmer have a custom perk applied to them that's linked to a poison spell object which gives them the illusion of poisoning their weapons.  In the CK, you can see the perk and spell pairings by filtering on 'crFalmer' in the object window.  You'll see there are 5 pairings for the different magnitudes / tiers.

Hope this helps.

Ideas...

LIVE BIRTH... You said Chaurus attack, how about the Estrus Chaurus attack but instead of birthing eggs, you birth live creatures. Small spiders, Small Chaurus, etc. Obviously they wouldn't attack their mother, or your current follower...

These would have to be optional patched version, as they have a ton of dependencies. Such as Estrus, Estrus +, Estrus Chaurus, Beeing female, Pregnant body meshes, the list goes on and on. But when it works its good...

CAGED... How about you find yourself in a cage, in a Bandit camp and you've got to escape by either fighting the whole camp without your gear. (stored safely in a chest in the camp, I always disliked the idea of losing all your gear to bandits). Or by stealth and run tactics... But first you've got to get yourself free of your bondage gear. I know there are mods that leave you enslaved when you are near death, but I am talking about something a lot lighter. Just finding a way out.

PICKPOCKET JAILER... Failure gets you whipped and abused, possible pregnancy.

Success gets you the key to the cage, breaks after use to prevent easy escaping in future...

STOCKS... You have to escape before midday, or you will get put in the Stocks for an hour to get abused by the camp of Bandits.

BANDIT SCHEDULE...

-Wake up in a cage in a Bandit camp, stuff stored in a bandit keep chest... (Similar mod already out)

-Get Whipped at 9am (prison overhaul mod does this, but in town prisons, I use it and its good)

-12 midday to 1pm put in stocks to be abused (prison overhaul mod does this)

-1pm back in cage

-4pm more whipping and abuse

-6pm knocked out by Bandit, get impregnated after being knocked out. You wake up miles away, unaware that you are now pregnant with a beast inside you.

-Various morning sickness, pregnancy effects, stomach expansion, not knowing what is going to pop out of your pregnant belly, debuffs.

-2 weeks later, you birth something.

Birthing list... ( pick one )

- 50 Chaurus eggs ( not fertile )

- 20 spider eggs ( not fertile )

- 20 black soul gems ( filled )

- 500 gold coins ( it'll leave people with a puzzled look on their faces ) Birthing gold coins...

- A small Werewolf

- A small Werebear

- 6 live, baby Chaurus. Quite big, about 1 foot long, 30cm.

- 4 baby spiders.

- Young animal, small but very agressive. EG bear, sabre tooth tiger, 2 dogs, 2 death hounds.

- Horker ( a wildcard of a creature to birth )

- 2 skeletons, with fire magic. Small, but very mean.

- Chaurus Hunters ( the flying ones ), smaller and very irritating...

Your Bandit group could be linked to black magic involving animals, impregnating people. Cursing animals to give them more powers to fight you, changing the animals faction to attack you and not them.

Cursed animals... By arrow hit or mage spell, cursed bows cannot be picked up. ' You try to pick up the bow, but it burns your hands and you have to drop it '

- Bears that shout at you, sending you flying back or other detrimental shouts.

- Wolves that are leveled to your power.

All have glowing eyes, and are cursed by the cursed bows.

Some ideas for you to use or not use, some will add dependencies on other mods, some ideas wont... I reckon it would add some possible fun or irritating side quests, as well as giving you something else to be wary of on your travels. Along with live birth animal pregnancies, which is something I have yet to see made into a mod...

There are mods out there that add cages to skyrim, I use them and they are good. As well as slavers mods to go with them, I am not using them at the moment as I already have tons of missions to do.

Stuff to be aware of...

Cold kill the realistic needs modders ( FROSTFALL ), cages and stocks need fires near them.

Hunger and thirst kills the realistic needs modders. Vanilla items such as Bread ( Full loaf ) and Wine will be enough, twice a day.

Lack of sleep kills needs modders, if you are there more than a day, you will need to sleep.

QUEST ITEMS and DEVIOUS DEVICE ITEMS should not be unequipped, as it could cause problems with quests...

Followers could just be stripped and locked up in a cage for ease of use...

Ideas...

LIVE BIRTH... You said Chaurus attack, how about the Estrus Chaurus attack but instead of birthing eggs, you birth live creatures. Small spiders, Small Chaurus, etc. Obviously they wouldn't attack their mother, or your current follower...

These would have to be optional patched version, as they have a ton of dependencies. Such as Estrus, Estrus +, Estrus Chaurus, Beeing female, Pregnant body meshes, the list goes on and on. But when it works its good...

CAGED... How about you find yourself in a cage, in a Bandit camp and you've got to escape by either fighting the whole camp without your gear. (stored safely in a chest in the camp, I always disliked the idea of losing all your gear to bandits). Or by stealth and run tactics... But first you've got to get yourself free of your bondage gear. I know there are mods that leave you enslaved when you are near death, but I am talking about something a lot lighter. Just finding a way out.

PICKPOCKET JAILER... Failure gets you whipped and abused, possible pregnancy.

Success gets you the key to the cage, breaks after use to prevent easy escaping in future...

STOCKS... You have to escape before midday, or you will get put in the Stocks for an hour to get abused by the camp of Bandits.

BANDIT SCHEDULE...

-Wake up in a cage in a Bandit camp, stuff stored in a bandit keep chest... (Similar mod already out)

-Get Whipped at 9am (prison overhaul mod does this, but in town prisons, I use it and its good)

-12 midday to 1pm put in stocks to be abused (prison overhaul mod does this)

-1pm back in cage

-4pm more whipping and abuse

-6pm knocked out by Bandit, get impregnated after being knocked out. You wake up miles away, unaware that you are now pregnant with a beast inside you.

-Various morning sickness, pregnancy effects, stomach expansion, not knowing what is going to pop out of your pregnant belly, debuffs.

-2 weeks later, you birth something.

Birthing list... ( pick one )

- 6 live, baby Chaurus. Quite big, about 1 foot long, 30cm.

-4 baby spiders.

- Young animal, small but very agressive. EG bear, sabre tooth tiger, 2 dogs, 2 death hounds.

- Horker ( a wildcard of a creature to birth )

- 2 skeletons, with fire magic. Small, but very mean.

- Chaurus Hunters ( the flying ones ), smaller and very irritating...

Your Bandit group could be linked to black magic involving animals, impregnating people. Cursing animals to give them more powers to fight you, changing the animals faction to attack you and not them.

Cursed animals... By arrow hit or mage spell, cursed bows cannot be picked up. ' You try to pick up the bow, but it burns your hands and you have to drop it '

- Bears that shout at you, sending you flying back or other detrimental shouts.

- Wolves that are leveled to your power.

All have glowing eyes, and are cursed by the cursed bows.

Some ideas for you to use or not use, some will add dependencies on other mods, some ideas wont... I reckon it would add some possible fun or irritating side quests, as well as giving you something else to be wary of on your travels. Along with live birth animal pregnancies, which is something I have yet to see made into a mod...

There are mods out there that add cages to skyrim, I use them and they are good. As well as slavers mods to go with them, I am not using them at the moment as I already have tons of missions to do.

Stuff to be aware of...

Cold kill the realistic needs modders ( FROSTFALL ), cages and stocks need fires near them.

Hunger and thirst kills the realistic needs modders. Vanilla items such as Bread ( Full loaf ) and Wine will be enough, twice a day.

Lack of sleep kills needs modders, if you are there more than a day, you will need to sleep.

QUEST ITEMS and DEVIOUS DEVICE ITEMS should not be unequipped, as it could cause problems with quests...

Followers could just be stripped and locked up in a cage for ease of use...

Thanks for the ideas. Some of this may be incorporated, especially a variant of the cursed animals, in which, when attacked, a cursed is transferred to the weapon used to attack it; this would work best with undead, paranormal, and daedra. A light has come on there. Maybe I'll consider that for a different mod though.

To address the whole bandit issue: bandits are over-used in mods, but I may end up re-purposing them instead of just giving the player to common bandits.

Black Empire is going in a different direction than other mods we see every day; the mods we see every day are good fun, and I enjoy many of them, but I'm going for something that hasn't been tried anywhere, and the funny thing is that I have found resources that make it possible to conquer new modding territory.

Remember: the Black Empire is coming.

That is all. I don't want to give away much.

Thanks again for all of your ideas. I can use some I'm sure, but I'm still in early stages of deciding what will be included, and I'm only sure of some certain things that I will include, and all of it must fit my vision, or the mod will likely fall flat on its face like a story written by someone who hasn't lived life enough to properly order a story (look up Terry Goodkind).

What I can do, however, is release a modder's resource containing the nuts and bolts of the next release of Black Empire. I was considering doing this anyway, but I need to wait until I get the poison attack that will ultimately be the downfall of the player to work properly.

But, again, I appreciate your help, especially the cursed animals idea. I can probably whip up a mod for that during down time after releasing the next Black Empire update.

Ok, here it is, folks, see what Krazyone did here? He engaged me in conversation. I'm asking more people to do this so Black Empire doesn't run out of steam.

Thanks.

You are having trouble with the bows not equipping poison, why not use my idea of a enchanted bow that you cannot pick up.

The bow could be enchanted with whatever you want, paralysis, slow, etc...

The person could carry the poison you want, and you could just call the bow a cursed bow and leave out the paralysis description if its possible.

The Bow cannot be picked up as its cursed, so the player won't have an overpowered weapon at his disposal...

Bow effects... ( Cursed and cannot be picked up )

-- Paralysis ( as long as you like )

-- Slow ( as slow as you want, could also stack effects. Eg... 1 arrow hit 10% slower, 2 Arrow hits 20% slower, etc...

-- Encumbrance 0 ( timed to stop you moving for a set amount of time ) You cannot move because your carry limit is 0

-- Stamina 0 ( you lose all stamina for 10 seconds )

-- Unequip all ( it gives makes you unequip your weapons and armour for 10 seconds, if possible )

'you feel the desire to totally strip off all your weapons and armour'

'you don't feel like wearing armour at the minute'

'you don't feel like fighting at the moment'

Probably an easy way to have all the poison effects you want, even multiple effects on one bow. Without the player getting his hands on overpowered weapons...

-- DEVIOUS DEVICE bows, hits you with various items of bondage to make you easier to capture, magically placed bondage items.

-- Leg cuffs make you stumble

-- Blindfold for an easy capture, removed when captured.

-- High neck posture collar to stop you using bows

I have enchantments on the Black Empire bows, but I have yet to trigger the effect on the player.

For now, I'm working on the perk to allow Black Empire NPCs to poison their weapons, in which case, I will remove the enchantments from them, and just put he enchantment thing on the back burner.

I see how I can build perks that are unique to the Black Empire, but figuring out how to attach them to the NPCs for use in another thing altogether.

I have the CK open now trying to figure it out.

Regarding your cursed creature ideas, they seem to be in line with what I would do with a mod, so I'm glad that I'm not alone in that.

I think the skyrim engine itself forces npc to use potions so if they only have those poison potions they will use it on there weapons and hit you with it. give them healing potions and when there health is low they should also use the healing potions etc..

Or else the only option you have is by scripts forcing the potions with onAdd commands and have that use the potions on the npc to use against you or other npc's.

just a thought for a new type of poison.

Aphrodisiacts (whatever):  when hit the players arousal increases (useing sexlab aroused) this by itself would work great with mods like deviously cursed loot, but as an added bonus if the arousal hit the 100 cap you could force the person to masterbate (yeah bad spelling) and possibly override the sexlab strip options to strip all clothes from the players inventory so that they end up on the floor.

just a thought for a new type of poison.

Aphrodisiacts (whatever):  when hit the players arousal increases (useing sexlab aroused) this by itself would work great with mods like deviously cursed loot, but as an added bonus if the arousal hit the 100 cap you could force the person to masterbate (yeah bad spelling) and possibly override the sexlab strip options to strip all clothes from the players inventory so that they end up on the floor.

It would be a great alternative to paralysis poison for a slaver, they'd shoot you with an arrow. They'd then run up to you and catch you with your pants down, playing with yourself, all ready and willing for your new life...

After using the console to add one of the enchanted weapons to my test PC, I discovered that only one of the magic effects was applied to it, when I used three for that particular weapon. Maybe this is because I used tweaked vanilla effects and grouped them together. Next I'm going to try making custom magic effects using those same tweaked vanilla effects, but I will try to group each of them into their own custom magic effect together, according to how each poison is supposed to work.

Arrows fired from that enchanted weapon had no effect at all.

I'm going to look over the magic affects dialogue box now.

EDIT: cannot group multiple magic effects into one.

After using the console to add one of the enchanted weapons to my test PC, I discovered that only one of the magic effects was applied to it, when I used three for that particular weapon. Maybe this is because I used tweaked vanilla effects and grouped them together. Next I'm going to try making custom magic effects using those same tweaked vanilla effects, but I will try to group each of them into their own custom magic effect together, according to how each poison is supposed to work.

Arrows fired from that enchanted weapon had no effect at all.

I'm going to look over the magic affects dialogue box now.

EDIT: cannot group multiple magic effects into one.

I had a go at creating an enchanted arrow, paralysis for 25 seconds. I succeeded, using a tutorial off YouTube, with a few tweaks to get it to work. As it stands the YouTube tutorial has the same problem as you do. In other words, they fire and nothing happens. A simple tweak fixed it...

My Tweak = Change the targeting method to Aimed if it doesn't work.

Strange thing, I took on Solitude with my overpowered arrows. And took out all the guards until they suddenly started getting my paralysis arrows, I think the arrows were going into their inventories when paralysed, and when they came to, they kicked my arse with my own arrows...

You'll have to tweak ownership of the arrows, if the people you shoot them at are using the arrows you shoot at them...

There is a vast amount of crazy stuff you can do with these arrows, LANDMINES, TIMED EXPLOSIVES, SPAWN STUFF, SPAWN CREATURES, MAGIC GALORE, HUGE EXPLOSIONS, LIGHT SOURCE ARROWS, MAGIC EFFECTS, GLOWING ARROWS, the list goes on...