Tryout questions (poll closed)

I've probably asked this, but it was probably years ago and there are new people here now. I'm just wondering if the majority use some Tryout plugins or all of them to guide some upcoming design decisions.

Also, wondering if making DLCs or TTW required would be palatable.

EDIT:

POLL IS CLOSED.

I voted yes to all the questions (and use every plugin), though I can see why some people might have issue with a TTW requirement. I personally use it though, and have thought the Pitt raiders would be a perfect addition ever since that option showed up in the tryout MCM.

Keep up the good work, man.

I'm in favor of TTW support, if for no other reason than it opens the door to

doing something interesting with the Slaver faction in D.C.

The Fallout 3 outdoor world IS a lot more hilly than the Mojave; so it's not

the big trouble-free fuckfest I wish it would be, outdoors, but their is a lot of

variety available, and TTW is a dungeon makers/cell decorators dream.

I use all tryout plugins and will definatly continue to do so. :) I don´t mind dependancy of dlc´s got the nv ultimate edition and the dlc´s for fallout 3. But i keep fallout 3 and new vegas separated. My loadorder of new vegas is always close to the soft cap, ttw could do havoc and not the one i want :angel:. Perhaps TTW  could be an optional support/addition but not a requirement. Of the Fallout 3 dlc´s the pitt and something like mothership zeta crew could be interresting.

I just would like to give my 2 cents for what concerns TTW.  I wouldn't forget that it's only possible to install it on english and russian versions, I don't think many would do that compromise. So, in general, if any mod have TTW support, it is a great thing because it's a great project and needs all the attentions, like PN and those few other mods which today became almost vanilla. But one thing is support, another is requirement. If TTW is a requirement for a mod, I guess it cuts out a good % of potential players. While everyone can survive when they see a random "Mojave Wasteland" sign, translated in a random foreign language by a random installed mod, playing a game which is completely in another language is another thing, really.

I just would like to give my 2 cents for what concerns TTW.  I wouldn't forget that it's only possible to install it on english and russian versions, I don't think many would do that compromise. So, in general, if any mod have TTW support, it is a great thing because it's a great project and needs all the attentions, like PN and those few other mods which today became almost vanilla. But one thing is support, another is requirement. If TTW is a requirement for a mod, I guess it cuts out a good % of potential players. While everyone can survive when they see a random "Mojave Wasteland" sign, translated in a random foreign language by a random installed mod, playing a game which is completely in another language is another thing, really.

At the time of this writing, there's 36 responses.  From those, it's clear the way forward is keep the plugins separated, it's okay to require NV DLCs, and I shouldn't require TTW - which is part of keeping the plugins separated.

I use all of the Tryout plugins as they stand now, and have all of the DLCs (even the Courier packs) so that's not an obstacle for me.  TTW would be my only issue, but that's less dislike for TTW and more just not having TTW installed yet.  As it stands I don't want to use TTW with my main game; I do intend to install it at some point on a separate New Vegas install.

Unless, of course, that's impossible.

Ultimately, though, if TTW!Tryout stuff is separate plugins like the other non-TTW Tryout plugins, I think that'd all work out just fine for everyone.

At the time of this writing, there's 36 responses.  From those, it's clear the way forward is keep the plugins separated, it's okay to require NV DLCs, and I shouldn't require TTW - which is part of keeping the plugins separated.

If you're starting to get concerned about the # of plugins required as you add support for DLC and TTW, I think it would be OK to roll all the tryouts into a single plugin, as long as you could disable individual tryouts through MCM. This would probably mean something a bit more involved than the approach chance, but it seems possible.

If everything you have now was rolled into a single ESM, then you'd just require one ESP per DLC (if you kept that separated) and one for TTW.

I'd be excited to see some TTW tryout. I've done several NV playthroughs but I am currently on my first one involving the NV DLC (always had them, never used them). It would be interesting to see the FO3 DLC the Pitt and point lookout with some tryout flare.

On that note, those of you who say you have problems installing TTW should message those of us who have gotten it working. Never hurts to ask for help.

My only concern with plugins being combined or not is the requirement of TTW. That can be difficult for some here to get installed and configured correctly not to mention not everybody has both games and all the dlcs. Yes it is cheap and doable but many might not want that step.

If you're starting to get concerned about the # of plugins required as you add support for DLC and TTW, I think it would be OK to roll all the tryouts into a single plugin, as long as you could disable individual tryouts through MCM. This would probably mean something a bit more involved than the approach chance, but it seems possible.

If everything you have now was rolled into a single ESM, then you'd just require one ESP per DLC (if you kept that separated) and one for TTW.

I like this idea if it is possible. However even I know that will be a lot of more work for an already big mod. However that would be so cool.

I'm sure someone has already mentioned this but the reason I would not use Tryout if it required TTW is because TTW is still in alpha and frankly gets really really buggy when you have a bunch of mods. I had it installed but there were so many problems that I eventually uninstalled it. I mean there are literally assloads of buttloads of crap that is being written, overwritten and so on so I just lost track of how many problems there were.  So I guess once TTW gets out of beta then it would be cool to see more sexlab mods adapted to work with it.

TTW isn't buggy, that's to say, not more than the FO3 & FONV vanilla games.

Every mod created for FONV works perfectly under TTW, meaning also all the Sexout mods.

Including the ones created for TTW, like FOTTWQuestoverhaul.

But to stick with the topic:

I wouldn't like if if TTW would become a requirements for SO Tryout, but i would welcome (seperate) plugins which would take place in the DC Wasteland,

• 2 months later...

I understand the point of enhancing the mod with DLC content. However, could you also please keep an optional no-DLC available ?

I now have HH and OWB.

I have no intent to buy any of the other DLCs (they all appear as bland/uninteresting to me, if I bought them I wouldn't play them).

I will not pirate them either, before anyone suggests it.

Even if I have some of the DLCs, I always use the no-DLC options of mods whenever I can, to save up on ESP slots. I have to use enough "compatibility" patches as is : <Project Nevada>, <EVE>, <AWOP>, <WME>, etc. I chose to discard ILO, a mod I would have liked to keep, because there were just too many patches (current load order approaching ~= 120).

I use Wrye Flash (and its bashed patch). I know I could merge more, but at the end of the day, it's a hassle that I do not have with no-DLC versions, and also a potential vector for conflicts. Some ESPs are better left not merged (anything with scripts, dialog or landscape alterations).

I do not wish to sound like I am demanding anything, I am not. It's your mod to do with as you see fit.

This is just my honest feedback since you've asked for it, and request if you would like to consider it.

PS : I hope Sexout never goes "ALL-DLC or nothing!".

I understand the point of enhancing the mod with DLC content. However, could you also please keep an optional no-DLC available ?

I now have HH and OWB.

I have no intent to buy any of the other DLCs (they all appear as bland/uninteresting to me, if I bought them I wouldn't play them).

I will not pirate them either, before anyone suggests it.

Even if I have some of the DLCs, I always use the no-DLC options of mods whenever I can, to save up on ESP slots. I have to use enough "compatibility" patches as is : <Project Nevada>, <EVE>, <AWOP>, <WME>, etc. I chose to discard ILO, a mod I would have liked to keep, because there were just too many patches (current load order approaching ~= 120).

I use Wrye Flash (and its bashed patch). I know I could merge more, but at the end of the day, it's a hassle that I do not have with no-DLC versions, and also a potential vector for conflicts. Some ESPs are better left not merged (anything with scripts, dialog or landscape alterations).

I do not wish to sound like I am demanding anything, I am not. It's your mod to do with as you see fit.

This is just my honest feedback since you've asked for it, and request if you would like to consider it.

PS : I hope Sexout never goes "ALL-DLC or nothing!".

I can't disagree with you on Lonesome Road but Dead Money is really interesting and well worth your money.

I closed the poll. Roughly 200 people responded to it.  What I learned was:

- 68% of respondents use all the Tryout plugins.

- I would lose over half the userbase if I required TTW.

- Less than 4% of respondents would stop using Tryouts if it required DLC.

Plan for the future:

- Merge everything but Working Girl into one patch, with the approach options disabling approaches at 0 for people who do not want to use all the plugins. This is already done and I'm just adding new content at this point.

- Make any TTW content a separate plugin.

- Use DLC content if it helps things, don't use it if it doesn't.