Combining meshes in NifSkope for bodyslide

conglaciatus1

I've been trying to figure out how to add belts to some armor replacers so that weapons don't just magically glue to people's hips. However, I cannot find a current/clear tutorial on how to add the belt to the preexisting armor so that it still functions fully in bodyslide - could someone point in the right direction, or give me some steps to follow for this?

Thanks in advance!

Just do it in body slide.

1. Open the nif with the belt you want to use as an outfit in OS.

1a. Delete all of the other meshes in the nif (leaving only the belt) and export the belt as a new nif (call it belt for simplicity).

2. Open the new nif file as a reference (click on the option where it says xml and you can choose the .nif file its below the drop down list for cbbe to conversions).

3. Open the armor you want to add the belt into as an outfit.

4. Right click on the belt nif in the top right window and choose "duplicate shape" in the drop down list.

Name the belt, align it, set base shape and then export the combined armor as a new nif file.

Now you can create the high and low weights by many different means.

1. is the simple create a project and then do a batch build to create the 0 and 1 weights.

The other is to use the conversion xml's that are in the "Data\CalienteTools\BodySlide\ConversionSets\" folder

Load the apropriate xml as a reference then choose the body type your armor is for and go from there.

Note: WeightConvert.xml has a large amount of the older body types, and the 7BConvert.xml has all of the 7b sets (minus Oppai).

You will probably want to copy the bone weight into the belt from the armor you plan on installing it into before you do the duplicate shape function (just in case the 2 nifs used a different skeleton).

Then again I've never tried to add a belt to an armor, but I've tried my damnedest to add a vag to a unp body.... so yeah it works for adding to the base body (at least).

Archived