Is Tropical Skyrim broken now?

TeroMonster

I am in need of some assistance from more experienced mod users than myself.

I am wanting to use the Tropical Skyrim overhaul (The accessible one that is still on nexus). It is very vague on its description which usually means there will more than likely be a issue ill run into. Well that happened. When i install the overhaul and go into skyrim, the lighting is really bad (I am using Real Vision ENB when not overhauled and i have removed it to see if that was the cause but it was not). Also, The big palm trees it comes with are broken wireframes of white and shadows. When I open the map, it has a green hue to it at points then a bright blinding yellow hue at others. I have googled and googled but nothing. Everyone just keeps mentioning how amazing it works, which is not how im feeling about it lol. Ive downloaded the newest versions, the middle version, and the first version, i have tested the latest ones but not the original version. Id like to use this mod, but i do wish you could find the mod version that was removed from nexus due to ignorant whinny babies who want the world to burn. Im just tired of seeing snow over here, snow over there, SNOW EVERYWHERE!.

If anyone can help me, id be grateful. I Can provide more information if someone needs it. 

Tropical Skyrim, when I used it, had serious FPS issues, poorly implemented birds, caves full of trees, and a "sandstorm" weather that would pretty much shut my computer down.

Watched the file for awhile, waiting for an update, but it seemed like the author would pop on every six months or so, swear there was an update coming soon, and vanish again.

Climates of Tamriel - Tropical Edition (not on Nexus but available on this site) is equal to or better in all ways. I'd strongly suggest going with that

Try using Aceeq's version, although he stated earlier that there would be no further development for it, concentrating his efforts on other mods.

As for TS itself, personally I think the author is really damn busy IRL, so it'll take time before a fixed version comes out. Besides, to make much out of TS is to pretty much fix it yourself.

Tropical Skyrim, when I used it, had serious FPS issues, poorly implemented birds, caves full of trees, and a "sandstorm" weather that would pretty much shut my computer down.

Watched the file for awhile, waiting for an update, but it seemed like the author would pop on every six months or so, swear there was an update coming soon, and vanish again.

Climates of Tamriel - Tropical Edition (not on Nexus but available on this site) is equal to or better in all ways. I'd strongly suggest going with that

The mod still available on the nexus has all the issues stated above. It is a great mod, but all those "little things" turn up to take your fun with it sooner or later. Plus, now that the community is sharing 4k mods of vanilla areas, tropical Skyirm is kind of out-dated.

Besides that, I can recall 3 different approaches of a tropical skyrim:

-> that one still to be found on the nexus

-> a rework of it that disappeared after a few weeks (based on the original)

-> a very big, new approach that also had a "summer" and an "all winter" alternative

Especially the last mod / project was very well done but disappeared after one month or so. I remember that the author posted "too many silly requests" or something when you tried to look up your files. You know, when you can't find the mod on the nexus, but still have the number, you can look up the former page.

Well, if anyone knows what happened to that mod (the accurate name would be: "SCO - Skyrim climate overhaul") please do tell. It's a real shame that such great work is no longer available.

The mod still available on the nexus has all the issues stated above. It is a great mod, but all those "little things" turn up to take your fun with it sooner or later. Plus, now that the community is sharing 4k mods of vanilla areas, tropical Skyirm is kind of out-dated.

Besides that, I can recall 3 different approaches of a tropical skyrim:

-> that one still to be found on the nexus

-> a rework of it that disappeared after a few weeks (based on the original)

-> a very big, new approach that also had a "summer" and an "all winter" alternative

Especially the last mod / project was very well done but disappeared after one month or so. I remember that the author posted "too many silly requests" or something when you tried to look up your files. You know, when you can't find the mod on the nexus, but still have the number, you can look up the former page.

Well, if anyone knows what happened to that mod (the accurate name would be: "SCO - Skyrim climate overhaul") please do tell. It's a real shame that such great work is no longer available.

Hehe this mod "Climate Overhauls - Tropical Edition" is still available, I also opened up a thread here on loverslab *grabs the link*... here

Badsector above posted also the exact link to the download page, so just follow that link :)

Hehe this mod "Climate Overhauls - Tropical Edition" is still available, I also opened up a thread here on loverslab *grabs the link*... here

Badsector above posted also the exact link to the download page, so just follow that link :)

Hehe, thanks for posting :) I always hoped that something like this would happen. It would simply be a terrible shame for this mod to disappear. Personally I like the "summer version" most, as it did blend in very nice. Even with SFO (flora overhaul).

Archived