Dogs of Skyrim

davemb

Looks more like the mesh of the dog from "Dogs of Skyrim" is trying to morph itself into the mesh used for the SL animation.

I'm pretty sure that's not fixable without adding new animations specifically for the "Dogs of Skyrim" meshes.

However, that particular dog doesn't look too different from a Husky, so it might not be that far off if somehow you were to make it assume the husky animation instead of standard dog animation...?

That is, if I'm understanding what's going on right.

Guest mayaktheunholy

Looks more like the mesh of the dog from "Dogs of Skyrim" is trying to morph itself into the mesh used for the SL animation.

I'm pretty sure that's not fixable without adding new animations specifically for the "Dogs of Skyrim" meshes.

However, that particular dog doesn't look too different from a Husky, so it might not be that far off if somehow you were to make it assume the husky animation instead of standard dog animation...?

That is, if I'm understanding what's going on right.

Animations are based on skeletons, not meshes. SexLab and an animation mod(s) by themselves would not cause a creature to change meshes. davemb is almost certainly using a mod like Nude Creatures, which *does* cause them to change meshes (between a flaccid and erect mesh). I think what is actually happening in his example is the dog in question uses the wolf or husky mesh but is labelled as a normal dog, so when Nude Creatures kicks in, it is switching to the vanilla dog mesh. I have seen similar issues with other mods.

And the husky already uses the standard dog animation, it does not have, or need its own. The wolf uses its own due to having a different skeleton however.

ah ok that makes sense, Far beyond my abillities unfortunately. Oh well back to boring grey mutts then :(

Thanks for the quick reply BTW.

If you are using Nude Creatures, you could just disable dogs in the MCM menu. Of course, the new dogs would not have genitals then, but the meshes wouldn't switch like that.

If you aren't using Nude Creatures, another mod is causing them to switch. As I said, SexLab on its own would not cause them to switch.

Archived