Can't see shit

Myst42

I have this issue with certain sites

I can be a bit a of a lurker sometimes

Every once in a while I look at those image sharing threads even though I haven't played Skyrim in a while, and my last post in one of them was ages ago. 

But from a few months I stopped since I can't see shit

Everyone is posting from a site "postimage.org" and all I get is red "x" 's for preview and a 404 when trying to open the image manually

It's very freaking frustrating

Tried another browser, tried another PC, nothing

Does one need to sign in to be able to see? Is it an antivirus, firewall thing? Tried disabling my antivirus temporarily too, no results

Any ideas please?

Have you tried copying the link and trying to paste it into a new search bar? Maybe the place they are linking to is like imgur.com most of the time imgur.com doesn't appear correctly but if you copy the link address and then paste it into a new search bar it will bring the picture up.

What country are you in?

It is possible you might be in a situation where you're caught in a "Do not allow connections from this IP range" or "Do not allow connections to this IP range" due to local or international politics or some other absudity.

Check the image link with one of those sites where you can check if a site is down or not. I use http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

ok this is the prob i run across it so often. I work with lots of sites and have found image host sites can be a nightmare.

many work hre or there bur the most varied and useable image site is    imgur.     this is used at 100s of sites with no probs. ihave used all of hem.  also gyazo comes in handy least usable ones are lookpic/ dont use,  and photobucket useless

any probs if can help ask im new here but been around 2 decades now.

tc

C

Have you tried copying the link and trying to paste it into a new search bar? Maybe the place they are linking to is like imgur.com most of the time imgur.com doesn't appear correctly but if you copy the link address and then paste it into a new search bar it will bring the picture up.

404'd

What browser are you using? 

Chrome but I tried Explorer too and nothing happens, a while ago, it worked, for a few of them... sometimes... but now it doesn't

Perhaps Firefox, but I don't have it installed right now

What country are you in?

It is possible you might be in a situation where you're caught in a "Do not allow connections from this IP range" or "Do not allow connections to this IP range" due to local or international politics or some other absudity.

Check the image link with one of those sites where you can check if a site is down or not. I use http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

Don't think is country as I've seen a few images in the past, but it went from buggy to no images at all, and site is obviously not down as people keep posting from it

Its just that the image host has removed the image. Dont worry its not you computer,internet or country. This is what i found on http://imgur.com/:

How long do you keep the images?
As long as images are getting at least 1 view every 6 months, they will stick around forever. After that, your image may be removed to create more space for newer images.

It's not time either

Here

Post from today

Skyrim Counterpart

Can't see shit

post-6429-0-44742800-1414282384_thumb.jpgpost-6429-0-34147200-1414282387_thumb.jpgpost-6429-0-59606700-1414282389_thumb.jpg

1 More thing

I have addblock enabled

But disabling it did nothing either

:@

Not sure... I guess so, since I can actually "access the site" (see 2nd pic)

The site and the actual domain where it is uploaded often are two entirely different addresses. It's entirely possible that the site where the images are actually uploaded is blocked while the main page isn't. Or your country, sometimes there's so much malignant traffic from a certain country, say east europe or russia that an image site just blocks them, not caring much to lose some customers if the majority of users comes from other areas of the world.

I looked at the link and can see all of ao2thend pictures. I know awhile back I was having trouble on a different site some things were not working correctly/showing up and it turned out I had blocked something on the site through ghostery but then I went through the list turning a few on at a time till I found which one it was and then went back and turned the other ones back off.

Have you tried using the search bar and searching for the loverslab link and then clicking on proxy to see if something is being blocked?

If you have something like zonealarm make sure to go through the list it has to make sure it doesn't have something blocked. Check addons/extensions and see if any of those is doing it.  

Archived