What body replacers are out there?

wileecoyote1969

I tend to lean towards realism (yes I know realism in Fallout in an oxy-moron) when it comes to the character models and skins. I literally started looking for body replacers because I was so put off by the fact you snag this armor from a raider that minutes before was bare-chested  (or had strainers over her boobs) and *POOF* now they have clean and tidy t-shirts and boxers

For Fallout 3 I was using the Robert's Male Body for the men and Burppo's BABE MK3 for the women.

For Fallout NV  I was using Necroscope's Type 6 (not the type 6m) and ultimately out of little choice, Breeze's male body replacer.

Robert's and Type 6 I found to be the most realistic "average" representations of human beings.

Dimonized's Type 3 and Breeze's Male are obviously the 2 most used body replacers out there. I love Dimonized's Type 3 work but I just can't get past the shoulders and the feet. Sure, when they are wearing full armor you won't see it, but there are a LOT of female characters ingame not wearing armor that fully covers (ever single raider). As for the Breeze male, it's quite okay...... if you are going for the fantasyland musclebound Conan the Barbarian feel for your game. The BNB skeletons were a welcome entry, but alas I have never used them for the plain and simple fact I didn't like the models. Also felt that injustice was done not ever having anyone havoc'd a penis on the male skeleton. It would be mildly hilarious  to their junk flappin' around while running nude. Before I go further - I know a typical response would be "learn to make stuff if you want it". Please take note: 7 years ago I was severely into modding games. Some model editing, LOTS of model skinning. I even was granted moderator status on FPSBanana. [No that does not mean I'm hot shit, just merely stating I'm not a lazy slouch who likes others to do all the work]. Anyway a baby and a new job with 60 hours a week put an end to all that.

But I digress.

I've been away from the anything Fallout for about 10 months. (not of my own choice) I miss playing it and am trying to scrabble back together a solid, uniified modded game. BUT............. I couldn't help but notice a lot of shit is suddenly (well suddenly to me) missing from Nexus. I'm assuming a lot of bad blood and over-moderation. Plus, I'm not sure what's out there that still works, or if there is anything new and improved. Looking (google) for better textures led me here. So I'm interested in what people are using

Personally not a fan of the itty bitty titty commitee bodies, but there isn't the huge choice in bodies Skyrim has( beggars can't be choosers and all that), I was using  BnB then switched it to a body mod from FO3 called bouncing T and A, I recently switched to t3bb. But to your point, you haven't missed anything new in those 10 months, Fallout modding save for new guns and a couple of new quests has essentially died out

Modder nivea was on two different projects: an update to roberts and a new type3.

The new Type 3, is a hi poly, with narrower shoulders, smaller hands and feet and quite improved neck seam: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/images/78119/?go=force_view

The project seems quite completed to me, but last update is from may. AFAIK she had health problems during the summer and havent updated her projects since then. She is active in the forums, though.

Of course, modding scene is not as active as before, but I wouldnt call It dead: new guns are added almost every day, big quests are in WIP (new Vegas Bounties 3 is announced; and a big quest is being worked by a team with prestigious modders like weijensen and macintroll. Its set in a winter themed place, 'The Fontier' I think is the name.)

In the cosmetics matter (and I mean 'realistic' cosmetics, I dont like the anime-type pink hairs), New Vegas Redesigned 3 (by Dracomies) is completed or will be in an update or two, and Fallout Character Overhaul (by  Drumber) is being updated actively, with a to-do list with awesome stuff. If you check his blog, the guy is very active and talented.

The mentioned weijesen just released IMPACT and texturer/modeller tapioks released new stuff not long ago and announced more incoming.

Sorry, for going away from the body-modding topic, just wanted to say that FONV modding is not dead. And I guess It'll get boosted when FO4 is officially announced.

Archived