HDT + Oculus

Professorg

Whelp, that was amazing, it was like watching tits in space o-o

No but really, it's buggy as fuck and hilarious, every skeleton moves when you move your head forward making everything move forward at different speeds with a static body. I thought it would be cool to use oculus with Skyrim LL Realism but it was buggy as fuck, was epic for an hour but then gave me such a headache I had to get off. would post pics but it won't grab the pics from monitor 2 [rift], but honestly, imagine if this worked perfectly <3

Fixed: Thanks for [person here] that posted about this down below, tons of help ^_^

Zbuffer mode, I had it off, DON'T disable it, so weird, thanks a ton though!

I use DK1 and have no problem with HDT. Just use Vireio Perception and Immersive FP and you should be fine. You're likely using the vanilla first-person camera if you're having skeleton problems.

Mine works perfectly fine and smooth, and HDT runs fine. I have over 200 mods installed with no issues. 

However, ENB mods don't work, and the vanilla first-person camera has to go. Instead, Immersive FP fixes the issues with the vanilla first person camera by throwing it out the window. After setting it up, (set all 4 FOV's to the same thing, usually 110, near/far clipping need to be exactly equal or you'll see visual anomalies upon switching), it looks perfect, runs perfect, and is generally superior to the vanilla first person view anyway. 

Works fine with the DK2 for me , the Immersive First Person mod is a must for sure. Even when not Rifting.

ENB works for me with VorpX when I switch to Zbuffer mode, the slight loss in 3D depth is more than worth it for the far far far superior visuals. A very more realistic experience with working shadows etc. ;)

If your HDT is buggy just when using a Rift it sounds like your hardware maybe isn't up to the extra work. :P

Works fine with the DK2 for me , the Immersive First Person mod is a must for sure. Even when not Rifting.

ENB works for me with VorpX when I switch to Zbuffer mode, the slight loss in 3D depth is more than worth it for the far far far superior visuals. A very more realistic experience with working shadows etc. ;)

If your HDT is buggy just when using a Rift it sounds like your hardware maybe isn't up to the extra work. :P

I definetly use IFP and have enb sort of working, didn't know of this zbuffer mode, I'll try it. Could also be that I'm using XMPE 2.0??? I don't know, I'll get back to you guys on this when I have time ^_^

[And trust me GTX 980 is good enough HW my CPU....... Maybe >_>]

lol CPU based physics in Oculus Rift... Interesting.

I'm not sure how refresh rates work with VR stuff, but I'm sure it's something related to that.

My money is on the fact that either a. some deep level code needs to be changed in the OR translation to correctly scale v-sync rates to however the OR handles it or b. Need to use a seperate way to calculate physics not based on timeslices (Hello PhysX!)

lol CPU based physics in Oculus Rift... Interesting.

I'm not sure how refresh rates work with VR stuff, but I'm sure it's something related to that.

My money is on the fact that either a. some deep level code needs to be changed in the OR translation to correctly scale v-sync rates to however the OR handles it or b. Need to use a seperate way to calculate physics not based on timeslices (Hello PhysX!)

Oh god yes PhysX, that'd be amazing. But yeah, I'm not sure of the problem, I was just using it for mingecrift recently annnnnd now I have to go to Uni, hahaha, again, I'll post an update when I find how to fix it, and possibly post pics if it allows me to.

Hm, this actually leads to a second question; is there a way to seperate head tracking and mouse tracking, AKA I move my head up and down and the mouse doesn't control the y-axis at all. Kind of like on HL2VR. Wrong section I know but since I've already got this thread going.

Hm, this actually leads to a second question; is there a way to seperate head tracking and mouse tracking, AKA I move my head up and down and the mouse doesn't control the y-axis at all. Kind of like on HL2VR. Wrong section I know but since I've already got this thread going.

Unfortunately Rift support is a retrofit job, so the head tracking wont be spot on.

If you use VorpX it has separate head-tracking built in if you use the 3D rendering mode, but I prefer to have ENB so I have just set up IFP to have larger turn angles so you can still walk about and look a bit before changing direction.

Not ideal but it is the way of retrofitted head-tracking unfortunately.

Unfortunately Rift support is a retrofit job, so the head tracking wont be spot on.

If you use VorpX it has separate head-tracking built in if you use the 3D rendering mode, but I prefer to have ENB so I have just set up IFP to have larger turn angles so you can still walk about and look a bit before changing direction.

Not ideal but it is the way of retrofitted head-tracking unfortunately.

Ah, well thanks for letting me know anyway ^_^

Archived