• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I'm really new to this modding stuff, but I can't figure out how to do a few things with this mod during the character creation--maybe I'm lacking a mod that makes the character creation less of a headache? I cannot rotate my character to get a look at the tail, and couldn't figure out how to recolor the animated ears. The settings list a bunch of things for the tail like $tail1-7 and $tailthick and I'm unsure what they mean, especially since I cannot see what I'm doing with my character's leg in the way.

http://imgur.com/a/MvXeb

I'm not sure what else I'm able to do with this mod, but I'd like to change the color of those ears if possible, or maybe I'm just using the wrong thing? Because there seem to be two ways to get ears but I like the animated ones better, and I guess my tail is black too but it was weirdly shaped and I wanted to start over.

I'm really new to this modding stuff, but I can't figure out how to do a few things with this mod during the character creation--maybe I'm lacking a mod that makes the character creation less of a headache? I cannot rotate my character to get a look at the tail, and couldn't figure out how to recolor the animated ears. The settings list a bunch of things for the tail like $tail1-7 and $tailthick and I'm unsure what they mean, especially since I cannot see what I'm doing with my character's leg in the way.

http://imgur.com/a/MvXeb

I'm not sure what else I'm able to do with this mod, but I'd like to change the color of those ears if possible, or maybe I'm just using the wrong thing? Because there seem to be two ways to get ears but I like the animated ones better, and I guess my tail is black too but it was weirdly shaped and I wanted to start over.

Enhanced Character Edit (ECE) does not have the ability to rotate the character.  The workaround is to use console commands to move the camera to a point that allows you to customize her face and see and customize the tail.

If you are not familiar with console commands you need to do the following:

To enter into the console

- Click on your TILDE (~) key.

To 'freeze' everyone (typically used when taking screenshots) and allow free camera movement, type:

tfc 1 

To slow the camera when zooming to or away your character, type:

sucsm 1   (1 = the slowest speed; higher value increases the speed)

To enter character customization anytime during gameplay, type:

showracemenu

What you want to do is move the camera around your character until it is about 3/4 view (between frontal view and profile).  This will allow you to see the tail while in character customization.

It is important to note that when you use 'tfc 1' to adjust your camera, do NOT type it again (exits free camera mode; everyone returns to normal) rather enter character customization 'showracemenu'.  After you are done and exit from character customization, enter into the console again and type 'tfc 1' again to exit out of free camera mode and 'unfreeze' everyone.

Exit console by hitting the TILDE key again.

Sliders for the tails makes changes to the skeleton tail nodes.  What this means is that you can make adjustments to the tail as a whole or in segments.  The options allow you to make the tail larger/smaller, short/long, and move higher/lower on the character's back.

Sliders for various body parts do pretty much the same, enlarge or shrink that body part.

To make the ears and tails change color, you need to install the Elin 2 Color Match Edition files.  These are the same main race files, but the ears and tails matches color with the hair.  The other main file pack does not color match.  The ears and tails do not change color on their own, they share the same color as the hair.

[plea for help]

[helpful instructions]

Wow thanks,  I wasn't expecting such a fast and thorough reply! I didn't know that the console had such a useful command. It sounds like getting my character exactly right is best done after the tutorial dungeon then, right?

Also sounds like I need to figure out where in my mod order the color matcher is.

When you say you can move the tail, do you mean the x y z sliders? I was starting to think they applied to an equippable item or something becuase when I messed with them they didn't do anything (I was hoping that moving the x and y to extremes would let me see the tail floating in front of my character so I could at least get the shape right, but then that didn't work), but if this is a lot easier to see using the console commands then I'll have to try harder when I can next get on skyrim.

Thanks again!

edit:

I am not sure the color matcher was the problem. Resetting that got rid of the fur pattern textures and resetting the fur elin mod just put me back to where I started. I'm just not sure how to get meeowwoohs fox ears like in the example pictures.

<snip>

Wow thanks,  I wasn't expecting such a fast and thorough reply! I didn't know that the console had such a useful command. It sounds like getting my character exactly right is best done after the tutorial dungeon then, right?

Also sounds like I need to figure out where in my mod order the color matcher is.

When you say you can move the tail, do you mean the x y z sliders? I was starting to think they applied to an equippable item or something becuase when I messed with them they didn't do anything (I was hoping that moving the x and y to extremes would let me see the tail floating in front of my character so I could at least get the shape right, but then that didn't work), but if this is a lot easier to see using the console commands then I'll have to try harder when I can next get on skyrim.

Thanks again!

edit:

I am not sure the color matcher was the problem. Resetting that got rid of the fur pattern textures and resetting the fur elin mod just put me back to where I started. I'm just not sure how to get meeowwoohs fox ears like in the example pictures.

JaFinmongrab used the ears and tails from HDT Wearable Tails.  The Elins do not have those ears you are referencing.

• 6 months later...

This is a fairly old thread so I don't expect to get a response quickly. But does anyone know where the deer hair/antlers/tail are? I'v looked everywhere, tried uninstalling/reinstalling, and still can't find them. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance to anyone that helps :)  

• 3 years later...

Здравствуйте, подскажите пожалуйста, как установить мод Tera Elin Race 2, он очень нужен, а то у меня не получается. И его дополнение Fur Elin Race 2 от JaFinnmongrab. I really want to play for them, but I don't understand how to edit and install the mod.

250163335448DFBB2F.jpg

247930385448E1FF25.jpg

Edited by Rinsu123
  • 1 year later...