View File

These are texture replacers for PsychoMachina's Tera Elin Race 2 mod, allowing the player to make their character an anthropomorphic Deer, Bunny, Fox, Cat or Mouse.

Original Thread- http://www.loverslab.com/topic/33294-update-ears-n-tails-change-color-with-the-hairs-tera-elin-race-2/page-14?do=findComment&comment=965190

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    10/23/2014
  • Category
  • Requires
    PsychoMachina's Tera Elin 2 (UNP) race mod
  • Special Edition Compatible

i installed this but it doesn't seem to work my elin has normal skin no fur , i am using ece , do i need to use racemenu or is there just i need to do when i install ? it never asked me to overwrite the elin mod when i installed , do i even need the elin race or is this standalone ?

If you did not receive any messages asking to overwrite any Elin files then the fur textures did not install correctly.  These are only texture replacers for the face/body/hands/eyes and are not dependant on ECE or RM.

i installed with nmm,should i be doing it manually ?

Cuteness overdose!!

cute_overdose.jpg

Awwww, that's me most weekends. :P

I love this mod very much but is there a way to make a squirrel one? please!!!

Glad to hear it :lol:  and yes, I do have a squirrel version on the horizon. I'm currently working on a Mouse version and trying to fix some of the hands/feet and palm textures on a few of the current ones. They could be much better.

i installed this but it doesn't seem to work my elin has normal skin no fur , i am using ece , do i need to use racemenu or is there just i need to do when i install ? it never asked me to overwrite the elin mod when i installed , do i even need the elin race or is this standalone ?

As PsychoMachina said, neither racemenu or ECE are required for these mods. They are texture replacers for the Tera Elin 2 Race mod only. I suspect what maybe happening is that your Mod Manager might be adding the root [Data] folder with all the files in it into your game [Data] folder rather than merging them. If they were merged, you should've gotten a request to overwrite existing files prompt, in which case you would click [YES].

Try a manual install or unzip and just drag the [Data] folder to your game [Data] folder. You should get a merge/overwrite window then. I hope that clears it up. :sleepy:

This is super cute.

Any chance of getting some uncompressed, or even higher resolution uncompressed textures? I've already noticed a few compression artifacts while taking screenshots.

It's a mixed bag. A good portion of the time spent on these was simply trying to find high rez fur textures online that also matched the type of animal and part of the body being used on. Each texture mod used on average between 4 and 6 different textures. Most of the ones I found were pretty decent, between 1.5k and 2.5k but there are few in some areas I just could not find a better rez without paying ShutterStock up the arse for their textures.

I'm looking into alternatives. I found a pretty good online tutorial for making fur textures from scratch. I want to experiment with in the near future. They aren't as natural-looking but they're more consistent and uniform.

I have the old Elin race where they're small..any chance you'll be giving those a retexture? Can't use Angeli since they still cause CTD's when equipping almost any vanilla armor now...Sexy Apparel Replacer causes it sadly....but if you do it'll be worth getting the first Elin race Psycho released all over again. the deer texture along with the White Faun armor will mix in VERY well..almost like having a mini deer humanoid running around in skyrim.

White Faun is an armor set made by Trykz *probably misspelled it* it comes with the White Faun custom race. I already mixed it with Elin 2 race and it was pretty good! Just need to find antlers....it'll be great for a Christmas theme Skyrim. 

Try these, the deer textures for Elin 1 using the Elin 1 UNP bodies.

attachicon.giffur textures_elin1.jpg

attachicon.gifTeraElin1_Deer Fur Textures.7z

Thanks! As soon as i find antlers, I'll start planning out mods for a Christmas themed skyrim and make a video with that...in December. The Elin Deer/faun girl will run around visiting santa and seeing tons of Christmas stuff along with my announcing included. Might even fight some dragons and such...maybe evil snowmen too if someone makes a evil snowmen mod lol!

Thanks! As soon as i find antlers, I'll start planning out mods for a Christmas themed skyrim and make a video with that...in December. The Elin Deer/faun girl will run around visiting santa and seeing tons of Christmas stuff along with my announcing included. Might even fight some dragons and such...maybe evil snowmen too if someone makes a evil snowmen mod lol!

I'm using the Blackreach deer in these but there's tons of different types. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57198/?

I'm using the Blackreach deer in these but there's tons of different types. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57198/?

yeah the blackreach is good but I'll use the reindeer horns since that's all i need for a reindeer girl. thanks bud i really appreciate the help.

well...after about half an hour i got it to work...your UNP NEW Body doesn't try to replace the ElinRace 1 bodies at all for some reason...could be Nexus Mod Managers fault there. I forgot to allow your race mod to replace the ECE options which caused even MORE options to appear while making a Elin..whoops lol! 

However the body textures on your BBP/TBBP bodies will replace the default bodies on your race mod...odd but effective =). All in all she's here in skyrim now and even though the fox ears fit the reindeer look, the tail can't but there aren't any deer/reindeer tails for character use yet. I'll post a screenshot when i get her in uniform...eventually. She's stuck in a prison full of zombies...dam you alternate start! Well in my opinion that's the best way to start an adventure ;)

well...after about half an hour i got it to work...your UNP NEW Body doesn't try to replace the ElinRace 1 bodies at all for some reason...could be Nexus Mod Managers fault there. I forgot to allow your race mod to replace the ECE options which caused even MORE options to appear while making a Elin..whoops lol! 

However the body textures on your BBP/TBBP bodies will replace the default bodies on your race mod...odd but effective =). All in all she's here in skyrim now and even though the fox ears fit the reindeer look, the tail can't but there aren't any deer/reindeer tails for character use yet. I'll post a screenshot when i get her in uniform...eventually. She's stuck in a prison full of zombies...dam you alternate start! Well in my opinion that's the best way to start an adventure ;)

Actually, there is a Deer appropriate tail with both the original Elin Mod and the Elin 2 race mod. It's part of the Ram series in the Hair/Facial Hair slider option in RaceMenu/ECE.

You can get it both with the braided Ram Horns in the hair style slider option or the tail by itself in the facial hair slider option. It's just difficult to see while in RaceMenu because it's so short.

Here's a Christmas Screenshot I took a year or two ago with the Original Elin mod- post-185244-0-20798400-1414796303_thumb.jpg

here she is! sadly she doesn't have the proper tail and ears but everything else works! I apologize if it's too big...dunno how to shrink it....

lYQbvv7.jpg

Awww, she's adorable :wub:

So does this apply the texture to all Elin using ElinRace2?

I would assume it just acts as a normal texture. Or does it add sliders?

It replaces the default skin texture of the body, hands and face. The sliders will effect all the other optional features as the original mod, including hairstyle, make-up, scars, warpaint, etc. Some to a slightly lesser degree because of the fur darkness and patterns. You will only be able to change the fur texture itself by installing another skin texture to overwrite the fur texture.

emot-spooky.gif HAPPY HALLOWEEN emot-spooky.gif

I'm a pirate this year. YAAARRRR!

post-185244-0-35591800-1414796829_thumb.jpg

can't see tails at all sadly, but I'll see if i can spot it while editing her. even if i have to do showracemenu 10 or so times...if we had a rotate hotkey in racemenu like for camera or actor then we'd see how to edit the back/tail/butt and thighs.

im also wondering if i replace the elin fox tail with the HDT physics Matera tail...would it work? I like that tail a lot and the collisions are really good! the elin fox tail is also good but seeing it somewhat static kinda saddens me a bit. I'll give it a try laterz...even if it's a copy and paste it'll match the fox elin pretty well.

There is a rotate key, open the camera tab and hold down alt, your camera move keys become rotate and zoom :3

Thanks! never knew that. Let's hope the white skirt don't cover up her tail...if so she'll be going skirtless...the faun armor covers her down there but not by much.