ctd in A Daedra's Best Friend at activating the statue

Never had a similar problem, but let's see.

Do you have any other characters you could try the quest with? 
I see Devious Devices in the loot log, do you have a gag equipped when trying to speak with him?

Did you kill all vampires before trying to speak with him?

Try reloading a save from before you entered the cave, just rush through it and kill any vampires with the console, or use tgm.

Make sure you don't have any sexlab animations running when activating the statue. 

Another thing you can try is using the console command Setstage DA03 70 to force the quest to the next stage (retrieving the axe), and see if you can avoid the broken part.

I see Devious Devices in the loot log, do you have a gag equipped when trying to speak with him?

Try reloading a save from before you entered the cave, just rush through it and kill any vampires with the console, or use tgm.

Make sure you don't have any sexlab animations running when activating the statue. 

Another thing you can try is using the console command Setstage DA03 70 to force the quest to the next stage (retrieving the axe), and see if you can avoid the broken part.

thanks i use the command as last resort and no sexlab animations were running

thanks i use the command as last resort and no sexlab animations were running

I had the same problem a couple of years back, but I cannot recall what I did to fix it.  I am pretty sure I had to reinstall.  If you are using anything that changes the daedra voices, I would disable that and see if the problem continues.

Wulf

Also, see this post : http://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/discussions/0/846956269332077679/

Seems that an outdated version of the Sofia follower can cause this problem.

what is the console command for the only cure when you smell the flames it ctds as well

If you mean the quest "The only Cure", it should be Setstage Da13 40, this should put you on the stage when Peryite has asked you to kill Orchendor.

Could you try one of the broken quests on a new character? That way we can see whether you have a mod installed that is causing it or whether it's something to do with your save.

If you can't be bothered and just prefer to skip any broken stages, the command works like this:

Setstage <QuestID> <Stage> 

You can find quest ID and stage numbers on UESP.net, a list of all quests is here:  http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Quests

The QuestID is just the the "ID" at the top of the quest page, and you can find the stages at the bottom. 

If you mean the quest "The only Cure", it should be Setstage Da13 40, this should put you on the stage when Peryite has asked you to kill Orchendor.

Could you try one of the broken quests on a new character? That way we can see whether you have a mod installed that is causing it or whether it's something to do with your save.

If you can't be bothered and just prefer to skip any broken stages, the command works like this:

Setstage <QuestID> <Stage> 

You can find quest ID and stage numbers on UESP.net, a list of all quests is here:  http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Quests

The QuestID is just the the "ID" at the top of the quest page, and you can find the stages at the bottom. 

thanks

Archived