CK not working as it should

Leelok

Title is vague, I know. But I basically want to add some Tempering to a weapon that doesn,t have that. I tried with Tes5Edit. Though apparently it made my Loading screen load and load and load and... did I say load ?
Jokes aside. Im trying to load the .esp as an active file(as I should be doing) And... it loads Skyrim.esm. Ok, fine, thats supposed to happen...
Wait, the .esp Im trying to load isn't being loaded onto CK. Whats happening ?
Anyone knows the answer to this ?

Skyrim is a big thing to load, and CK is a slow boy. Give it the proper time. After Skyrim reaches 100%, the mod will give you warning boxes. Click yes to all every time.

Thats.. the thing It didn't take too long to load. It was nice and it completely loaded. I have the Message box turned off because I have to as I don't have a Click yes to all button. And thats not it. Because I clearly remember being able to load an .esp this way a while back.

I mean the CK may have a broken file. It should take a lot longer than 10 seconds for Skyrim to load. It may be loading only a portion of Skyrim, and forgetting about the mod file. I've had broken CK files do dumb stuff.

o...k soooo I just.. uninstall from Steam ? Then reinstall ?

If you don't how to fix broken files, first uninstall CK, then install through Steam again. I hope it works.

I verified The integrity of the installation. one file was "Broken" and it replaced it. Sooooooooo... It should be fixed. but it still didn't load the .esp I want to load.

Have you tried to load another esp in CK to check and see if it loads? If it loads in the game, but not in CK, then CK is screwed up. Verifying the cache does NOT always fix CK. I learned that the hard way. Reinstall CK entirely (even that doesn't always work, which is downright sad).

I've never ever heard of a mod that works in-game not load in CK before. Make sure other esp files load in CK, just to be thorough. You might consider making a mod real quick, saving it, and loading that, and then trying the mod-in-question again. Maybe CK just needs to be reminded how to do it's job. :P

Have you tried to load another esp in CK to check and see if it loads? If it loads in the game, but not in CK, then CK is screwed up. Verifying the cache does NOT always fix CK. I learned that the hard way. Reinstall CK entirely (even that doesn't always work, which is downright sad).

I've never ever heard of a mod that works in-game not load in CK before. Make sure other esp files load in CK, just to be thorough. You might consider making a mod real quick, saving it, and loading that, and then trying the mod-in-question again. Maybe CK just needs to be reminded how to do it's job. :P

Yeaaaa.. But I just gave up. CK is really a pain to use :/ I don't even know how I got it to work. Anyways..

I went and googled what I need and low and behold. There was one. On Loverslab. Ironic xD

Anyways.. Thank you you two for trying to help me.

I went and googled what I need and low and behold. There was one. On Loverslab. Ironic xD

Hahaha! I've found many answers like that. Always end up back here somehow. :D

Anyway, if you need advice on CK, I could tell you the dumbed down, easy-ass, "CK for idiots" way to use it. Some explanations here get confusing, 'cuz everyone's used to everyone having modding experience.

Don't give up on CK! Once you know the basics, making your own followers and wives can turn into it's own game. :blush: I only marry Stepford wives. 'Weird Science' n' shit. Haha!

At any rate, it's always nice to know your CK at least works. You'll wanna mess with it one of these days. Happens to us all, eventually.

Archived