Imported object "flexing" like clothing? **PROBLEM SOLVED**

jammer

Okay, in an effort to get some better "bondage type armor/gear" into Skyrim, something we are seriously lacking atm, I've installed 3ds max 2012 with a student license and I've been following Cherry's tutorial. Thanks btw, you've saved me hours of time on the learning curve.

The goal this first time around is to simply convert the "Prison Irons DMRA" collar and place it on the CBBEv3 body. (wrists and ankles are next) I've successfully managed to get said object in the game, (yay!) but the steel collar is "flexing," then distorting slightly in the process, like we would expect to see a clothing item worn on the body do; it does not act like a solid object placed around the neck. I'm sure this has to be a silly "noob" mistake like I'm missing a check box or something before I export. Can anyone *please* give me some advice on how to possibly fix this problem?

Stupid I know, but I've only been playing with the software for about 4 hours. I'm fairly amazed I've gotten this far this fast. :P

Okay' date=' in an effort to get some better "bondage type armor/gear" into Skyrim, something we are seriously lacking atm, I've installed 3ds max 2012 with a student license and I've been following Cherry's tutorial. Thanks btw, you've saved me hours of time on the learning curve.

The goal this first time around is to simply convert the "Prison Irons DMRA" collar and place it on the CBBEv3 body. (wrists and ankles are next) I've successfully managed to get said object in the game, (yay!) but the steel collar is "flexing," then distorting slightly in the process, like we would expect to see a clothing item worn on the body do; it does not act like a solid object placed around the neck. I'm sure this has to be a silly "noob" mistake like I'm missing a check box or something before I export. Can anyone *please* give me some advice on how to possibly fix this problem?

Stupid I know, but I've only been playing with the software for about 4 hours. I'm fairly amazed I've gotten this far this fast. :P

[/quote']

Might be a weighting issue. Most of my experience is with blender, and only with Oblivion, so not really able to properly help.

***Edited***

I figured out the problem on my own; it was a weighting issue which needed to be fixed in 3ds max. 1 mystery solved, 999 to go.

There is now a "Prison Irons DMRA" collar on my CBBEv3 body. Hmmm. Now to create a higher resolution texture file suitable for Skyrim. Then do the ankles, and wrists, etc, etc, etc.

Archived