Stynja Watch

View File

My first attempt at a player home, which I shall dub Stynja Watch.

It's on the Western shores of Lake Ilinalta, just northwest of Half-Moon Mill and near the Captured Dreams shop (if you have it installed, it is not required).

This player home features:

A quick travel marker!

Navmeshes!

A bed!

A shrine of Dibella!

A mannequin!

5 usable bookshelves holding about 25 books each!

3 weapon plaques!

6 weapon displays (2 look like a table, 3 are for daggers, and 1 is for long weapons)!

2 weapon racks!

Lots of storage!

Full crafting except smelter!

A downstairs dungeon/prison with beds for 10 "guests"!

A rooftop with a breakfast table and 2 cages!

Zaz furniture placed throughout the home, with the main floor being fairly inconspicuous!

Cleverly placed vanilla clutter... but I may be biased!

Balance considerations:

The house contains two ebony greatswords, an ebony shield, a whole lot of black soul gems, a bunch of steel ingots, a few alchemy materials, a few rare alcohols and a handful of potions. If you leave the ebony items in the coat of arms and you don't take the basket of black soul gems, you shouldn't have any balance problems!

Required and recommended mods:

Required - Zaz Animation Pack 6.0 or later.

Recommended - Paradise Halls SLExtension for taking, training, and using slaves. I recommend this the most for immersion.

Alternative recommended mod - I'll Take The Display Model for taking and displaying prisoners. This lets you have an infinte amount of prisoners, but they can only be used for display purposes or to freeze them in a jail cell - no interaction nor immersion.

Alternative recommended mod - Puppet Master for taking, using, and displaying prisoners. Limited number of puppets, no immersion at all, but it can do a little of everything if you want an alternative to PHSLE and don't want to go through the "trouble" of training slaves and slaves running away. It's basically PHSLE god-mode with a little of ITTDM thrown in too.

Compatibility:

Deviously Cursed Loot - the containers inside the home do not spawn cursed loot.

Mammoth Manor - It's just to the south/south-east of the manor, maybe 50 meters away. It's close enough that if you go on the roof of Stynja, the spiders from a fresh install of Mammoth Manor will aggro you. But it's far enough that there isn't any problems.

Small things you may have missed walking through the home quickly:

- The black soul gems are filled upstairs, but the one on the table in the dungeon is not filled and is next to other phallic objects. You fill black soul gems with the souls of sentient life. Are fertilized eggs life?

- There are the two Zaz chests beneath the dungeon table.

- The potions on the dungeon table would probably be put to good use in this dungeon in terms of role-play.

- The two weapon display tables in front of the dungeon door is for guests to disarm themselves prior to entering, so prisoners don't get ahold of any weapons. The dresser in the dungeon is for guests to neatly store their clothes in privacy, and also for prisoner outfits if you enjoy dressing up your prisoners or otherwise placing hardware on them.

- The ingredients next to the alchemy station are known to be used for paralysis potions.

- The bed has ropes tied to the foot posts and shackles on the headboard.

- Next to the bed is a small horker tusk, some oil, and "adult" books.

- The pillory on the roof is for a nice view while you eat. I mean, besides the lake and mountains.

- Subtle Zaz furniture used are the 5 restraint pillars facing the fireplace upstairs, a spanking chair and related carpet in the library area, and a wheel in the corner by the stairs with the barrels.

Change log:

1.2 (5 November 2014):

- Fixed the navmesh for the mannequin so it doesn't walk around.

- Removed the whip, crop, and paddle from the downstairs table and rearranged it a little so you don't send everything flying when you walk up to it.

- Fixed the upstairs chair... sometimes. I moved it back so it won't send things flying and it usually doesn't make you sit in the ground nor in the air. Not sure why it does that every so often.

- Added compatibility with Deviously Cursed Loot. Thanks Kimy!

- Swapped the ebony swords for ebony greatswords in the coat of arms - they look a bit better behind the large shield.

1.1 (22 October 2014):

- Removed some random navmeshes in the worldspace that were being included for reasons I can't figure out. The only two exterior cells should have been PineForest02 (-12, -13) and Wilderness (-12, -14), and even then only just barely into Wilderness (-12, -14) because I had to rearrange some trees.

- Added a cooking pot to the fireplace.

- Added tanning rack to the roof and removed the tall cage for space.

- Fixed a bug with the tablecloth on the roof breakfast table that wasn't quite all the way down on the table, causing some of the items on the table to seem sunken into the table.

- Removed a random knife on the breakfast table on the roof that shouldn't have been there.

- Reduced the file size a lot!

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    10/22/2014
  • Category
  • Requires
  • Special Edition Compatible

Guest Nico28469

Really good house! It's well located, it's simple and useful. I may use it as a home for now!

I only have a small problem: I'm not using any lightning mod like RLO, ELFX,etc but I'm getting some strange lightning bug/flicker. Also the place is quite dark.

Also I'm not sure about adding more furniture, It would be sad to see the place cluttered.

Keep up with the good work!!

Nice mod, but it needs to be cleaned in TES5Edit, might explain folks crashing:

[Filtering done]  Processed Records: 892076 Elapsed Time: 00:07
Removing: [NAVM:00108BE6] (in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:00009B9D] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -12,-15))
Removing: [NAVM:00108BE7] (in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:00009B9D] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -12,-15))
Removing: [REFR:0005E696] (places TreePineForest02 [TREE:00018A02] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:00009B7C] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -12,-14))
Removing: [NAVM:000FE287] (in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:00009B5C] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -13,-13))
Removing: [CELL:00009B18] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -11,-11)
Removing: [REFR:0001636E] (places FarmhouseDoor01 "Door" [DOOR:00012EB1] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:00000D74] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 0,0))
[Removing "Identical to Master" records done]  Processed Records: 843, Removed Records: 6, Elapsed Time: 00:00
[undeleting and Disabling References done]  Processed Records: 837, Undeleted Records: 0, Elapsed Time: 00:00
<Warning: Plugin contains 8 deleted NavMeshes which can not be undeleted>
[00:00] Saving: Stynja.esp.save.2014_10_22_10_31_24
[00:00] Done saving.

I'll check it out and try fix it, but it won't be until this afternoon.

This looks interesting, I'll have a look at it!

Must say that I'm impressed seeing you had problems getting it to work less than four days ago.

Thanks. I still can't believe I couldn't find anyone else that had my problem of walls randomly disappearing, but I'm glad I stumbled upon the fix. Who would have thought moving every single object in the cell would have fixed it? I was tearing out my hear in frustration for hours!

Really good house! It's well located, it's simple and useful. I may use it as a home for now!

I only have a small problem: I'm not using any lightning mod like RLO, ELFX,etc but I'm getting some strange lightning bug/flicker. Also the place is quite dark.

Also I'm not sure about adding more furniture, It would be sad to see the place cluttered.

Keep up with the good work!!

Thank you. I'm using ELFX and ELFX actually makes interiors a lot darker. I'm also running at almost zero brightness in-game and it works for me. The place being a bit dark was intentional since there aren't any windows, the only lights being candles and the hearth. It was a lot darker in my earlier revisions, lol.

I'm not sure what's causing the flicker, can you tell me where? I've been noticing some just in front of the bedroom door, but I can't figure out why and it only sometimes happens.

This is Great mod! pls make more ZAZ furniture!

Thanks!

I've used basically every Zaz furniture at least once besides the wooden horse, alternate versions of furniture (like there are 3 x-crosses, 7 crucifixes, 3 wheels, 2 ponys, etc), the milking machines, and the furo tub. I was planning on putting the multi-pose bondage walls into the cells, but figured the cells themselves were fine as-is.

I'm also against cluttering things too much, I think empty space is just as interesting as cluttered space.

Updated to 1.1!

• Removed some random navmeshes in the worldspace that were being included for reasons I can't figure out. The only two exterior cells should have been PineForest02 (-12, -13) and Wilderness (-12, -14), and even then only just barely into Wilderness (-12, -14) because I had to rearrange some trees.
  • Added a cooking pot to the fireplace.
  • Added tanning rack to the roof and removed the tall cage for space.
  • Fixed a bug with the tablecloth on the roof breakfast table that wasn't quite all the way down on the table, causing some of the items on the table to seem sunken into the table.
  • Removed a random knife on the breakfast table on the roof that shouldn't have been there.
  • Reduced the filesize a lot!

I hope that fixes the CTDs!

Please let me know if you had no problems before installing, had problems with 1.0, and if 1.1 fixed it or not.

A pile of Black Soul gems doesn't feel appropriate for a place with a shrine to Dibbella...Molag Bal, maybe.

And for your next mod, can you add a woman who already lives there...and uses the player to fill the gems...whether they approve of it or not? My Dragonborn doesn't carry around empty black gems, or use them (unless there's filled black ones somewhere...which I've not seen, though she would use them on Dremora, but I haven't faced them yet)

Bonus points if you could "force" the player to actually USE the gems to enchant their stuff...some very creepy dialogue options can be opened that way.

And for your next mod, can you add a woman who already lives there...and uses the player to fill the gems...whether they approve of it or not? My Dragonborn doesn't carry around empty black gems, or use them (unless there's filled black ones somewhere...which I've not seen, though she would use them on Dremora, but I haven't faced them yet)

Bonus points if you could "force" the player to actually USE the gems to enchant their stuff...some very creepy dialogue options can be opened that way.

That should be a secondary mod. Forcing the player to do anything (or have anything done to them) has no place in a house mod

A pile of Black Soul gems doesn't feel appropriate for a place with a shrine to Dibbella...Molag Bal, maybe.

I actually intended the place to have a shrine to molag bal instead of dibella, but I couldn't get it to work without including my own assets or requiring dawnguard. So I compromised.

The way I set it up, the previous owner had been filling black soul gems with a stable of female prisoners being impregnated by guests. They would go through an abortion via potions and would have a black soul gem filled in the process.

It's all implied with the clutter I laid about - business ledger, waiting area infront of the dungeon, the unfilled soul gem downstairs and the filled ones upstairs, a whole dining room table available even though there's only one bed (and the prisoners obviously aren't eating at that table), and the weapon racks at the door for guests.

I never got around to explaining what explicitly happened to the previous owner, but I'm not sure I really want to. It's just a house mod with a dungeon to most people and I'm fine with that.

I actually intended the place to have a shrine to molag bal instead of dibella, but I couldn't get it to work without including my own assets or requiring dawnguard. So I compromised.

The way I set it up, the previous owner had been filling black soul gems with a stable of female prisoners being impregnated by guests. They would go through an abortion via potions and would have a black soul gem filled in the process.

It's all implied with the clutter I laid about - business ledger, waiting area infront of the dungeon, the unfilled soul gem downstairs and the filled ones upstairs, a whole dining room table available even though there's only one bed (and the prisoners obviously aren't eating at that table), and the weapon racks at the door for guests.

I never got around to explaining what explicitly happened to the previous owner, but I'm not sure I really want to. It's just a house mod with a dungeon to most people and I'm fine with that.

I'll definitely explore the house, though very little involving filled Black Soul Gems interests my good characters and my good characters are rarely dominant, so moving in won't happen (I may have some evil characters however that might feel right at home there...).

Its proximity to a certain shop could explain what happened to the previous owner, as Master doesn't seem to get along with people who forcibly enslave others...or perhaps it will be like so many other places in Skyrim, a mystery waiting for us to make our own legends.  Hmm...maybe the Dibbella shrine is a holdover from an even earlier owner?  Love the options for storytelling though.

That should be a secondary mod. Forcing the player to do anything (or have anything done to them) has no place in a house mod

You might want to re-read my post about it being a "next" (i.e. secondary/optional) mod)

A misunderstanding then.

I interpreted your post as "your next house mod should have this" or "update this mod to have this"

I entirely agree with you about houses, house mods should be houses, other stuff (quests/NPCs/events) can be added to the houses separately.

my wishlist for this mod

: more beds for followers

: remove the mannequin (it is an NPC,not a static object)

All mannequins are NPCs in skyrim.

I hadn't actually thought about followers to be honest... I enslaved all of mine.

Where do you think would be a good spot for follower beds? I can't really think of any unless I build another floor.

You can use the dining-room for beds and the main-hall as dining-room

Hm. I'm not against the main hall as a dining room, but I'd rather have a kitchen than a follower dorm area.

Maybe I could rearrange the fireplace and add a wing there. Or maybe at the top of the stairs.

But I probably won't add follower beds to be honest. If I do anything else for this mod, it'll probably involve a living room type of set for the main area in front of the fire place.

I'm just working on something else at the moment that's taking my skyrim mod time.