Request: CBBE Armor - Regular Greaves, Minimal Top

toastysquirrel

One of the things I miss about Oblivion armor (sometimes) is that you could mix-and-match your character's upper-and-lower body armor. Or, as some of us might prefer (though clearly not me, no never) to have no upper-body armor at all. Or, have really cool full-play or chain-mail greaves but little-to-no top. Ideally for the CBBE body (regular or slim, per my preference).

I'd like to see some new armor out there that keeps the nether-regions partially or fully covered and protected (from waist to boot), but either ignores or is very liberal with the upper-body portion. Many of the "skimpy" armor collections just doesn't quite do it for me, maybe because I don't care for the skirt-like lower-body armor (???).

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

And if so, anyone up to the challenge?

Of course this request is seconded! :)

In order to help illustrate what I mean by, "Regular Greaves, Minimal Top", here are some examples of armor. They may not be exactly what I have in mind, in which case read the applicable commentary to grasp my intention...

These two images really blow quality-wise, but notice the lack of torso armor, yet the lower body armor is totally intact:

heroine.jpg

tn_desire_ascalon_erotic_mod-1.jpg

Look at this armor set, now mentally remove the chest piece.

1315027120302.jpg

And again, use your imagination to picture what these sets would look like without the torso armor. And without the cloaks... screw the cloaks.

foryourviewpleasure.jpg

This one however is perhaps a perfect example of what I mean by "Regular Greaves, Minimal Top". Someone do this. :)

1+Avalon_from_Hellgate.London+censored.jpg

There, now with a few examples to reference, perhaps some of you insanely talented modelers and modders might have a whack at it.

... maybe "whack" wasn't the best term to use. ;)

I kind of like this idea. I've been meaning to get started on doing some Skyrim stuff. Might have a go at this. You after stock mainly? if It's completely new stuff' date=' then it's probably a bit much for me :)

[/quote']

Custom new stuff would be awesome, but beggars can't be choosers and I'd love to see someone have their way with the stock armor. I'm actually quite fond of the work Bethesda did with the various armor sets... other than the dragon bone/scale, that is.

But yeah, if you'd be up for doing some work on the stock sets that'd be insanely cool.

If you'd like, here's what I'd keep in mind if I had the mod/modeling talent to do it...

- Retain original boots/shoes

- Retain original gloves/gauntlets

- Retain original helms/hats

- Retain original lower-body armor (either completely or whatever works aesthetically with the idea that "more is actually better")

- REMOVE upper-body armor (torso or torso-and-arms) either completely or to the point where the "bare" minimum remains. Upper body straps, belts, bands, etc can be pretty cool.

- Retain pauldrons at discretion.

* Example of approved use of straps or other minimal TORSO armor ;)

3654-1-1328440127.jpg

3654-5-1323870511.jpg

3654-3-1327836019.jpg

I kind of like this idea. I've been meaning to get started on doing some Skyrim stuff. Might have a go at this. You after stock mainly? if It's completely new stuff' date=' then it's probably a bit much for me :)

[/quote']

Custom new stuff would be awesome, but beggars can't be choosers and I'd love to see someone have their way with the stock armor. That'd be totally bad-ass! I'm actually quite fond of the work Bethesda did with the various armor sets... other than the dragon bone/scale, that is... ugh! Actually, case and point I think the Dragon bone/scale armors would look pretty cool without the torso armor or the pauldrons.

But yeah, if you'd be up for doing some work on the stock sets that'd be insanely cool.

If you'd like, here's what I'd keep in mind if I had the mod/modeling talent to do it myself...

- Retain original boots/shoes

- Retain original gloves/gauntlets

- Retain original helms/hats

- Retain original lower-body armor (either completely or whatever works aesthetically with the idea that "more is actually better")

- REMOVE upper-body armor (torso or torso-and-arms) either completely or to the point where the "bare" minimum remains. Upper body straps, belts, bands, etc can be pretty cool.

- Retain pauldrons at discretion.

* Example of "approved" use of straps or other minimal TORSO armor (I'm not referencing the pauldrons however) ;)

3654-1-1328440127.jpg

3654-5-1323870511.jpg

There's some other cool armor out there that I'd love to see get the topless treatment, though I imagine permission would be required.

For example the full-suit version of the Dynasty Armor (left and right image, NOT middle).

7013-1-1327486244.jpg

And of course some of the Tera armor found around here (e.g., Human F H16, Human F L13,

That'd be awesome if you're interested Evilrunner... think you'll be done with it all tonight before I fire up Skyrim? lol (that was a joke) :)

Yeah, pretty much what I had in mind. It will be stock for now, and I can't say how many I will actually get done :P

Just spent a while trying to load meshes into blender, absolute pain, but my idea for an Iron redo is posted. Breastplate gone, and right pauldron and arms removed (nothing to attach them to) and re-routed the left pauldron strap a bit.

This will take time though, there is no non-skimpy CBBE mesh set I am aware of.

post-922-13597873197998_thumb.png

Yeah' date=' pretty much what I had in mind. It will be stock for now, and I can't say how many I will actually get done :P

Just spent a while trying to load meshes into blender, absolute pain, but my idea for an Iron redo is posted. Breastplate gone, and right pauldron and arms removed (nothing to attach them to) and re-routed the left pauldron strap a bit.

This will take time though, there is no non-skimpy CBBE mesh set I am aware of.

[/quote']

That's tits man! (pun not intended). Like you, I haven't seen any non-skimpy Iron sets either. Which is kind of surprising no one's done a CBBE stock yet.

I want to make a request as well which kinda follows this guys request but I want to see that armor in the fourth spoiler down from the top in Skyrim. Is that WOW? If so, that is the armor I would love to see my girl character wearing. I don't really like having my girl go around topless, so if someone could make the armor from that picture with the upper torso armor on for me and topless for this gentleman, then that would be stupendous. I also don't mind having the cloaks either. So if anybody makes this armor, make a cloak-less version and cloak version. THANKS A TON!

I want to make a request as well which kinda follows this guys request but I want to see that armor in the fourth spoiler down from the top in Skyrim. Is that WOW? If so' date=' that is the armor I would love to see my girl character wearing. I don't really like having my girl go around topless, so if someone could make the armor from that picture with the upper torso armor on for me and topless for this gentleman, then that would be stupendous. I also don't mind having the cloaks either. So if anybody makes this armor, make a cloak-less version and cloak version. THANKS A TON!

[/quote']

I totally support your request. However, you might have better (or more) luck if you start your own request thread; it's up to you. Here's the URL for the image you mentioned if you want to use it. And yes, as far as I can tell, they are from WOW.

http://mentalshaman.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/foryourviewpleasure.jpg

Ugh, that was painful. Every problem I solved, I got 3 more. This is following a step by step as well :P

Anyway, finally got a mesh fully working in game with no gaps, unmapped textures or other weirdness.

With that I can get started. I'll probably work on a UNP version as well, if anyone's interested I can release that too, but it's mainly for my use.

post-922-13597873258608_thumb.png

Ugh' date=' that was painful. Every problem I solved, I got 3 more. This is following a step by step as well :P

Anyway, finally got a mesh fully working in game with no gaps, unmapped textures or other weirdness.

With that I can get started. I'll probably work on a UNP version as well, if anyone's interested I can release that too, but it's mainly for my use.

[/quote']

Dude, that's awesome! Can't wait till it's available. :)

Managing to work a bit faster now I actually know what I'm doing. Got heavy elven into the game in around 30 minutes. I'll do a few of the main armours, then release what I have done. If there is one armour in particular you want most, let me know and I'll see about getting it into the first release.

I'll do a replacer and addon version,. That way if people like the armour but don't want everyone wearing them they can still use the mod :)

Managing to work a bit faster now I actually know what I'm doing. Got heavy elven into the game in around 30 minutes. I'll do a few of the main armours' date=' then release what I have done. If there is one armour in particular you want most, let me know and I'll see about getting it into the first release.

I'll do a replacer and addon version,. That way if people like the armour but don't want everyone wearing them they can still use the mod :)

[/quote']

If I was making a request right now, I'd say light Elven or Glass.

I completely agree with this concept, one of my favorite things about oblivion was the ability to leave out the top.

I was wondering, when you're done of your current conversion Evilrunner would it be too much to ask for a set of apprentice robes with the top half, say from the belt-up removed, but leaving the shoulder bag intact?

Either way keep up the excellent work!

Archived