Help: Getting male hairs to work on females

Herrmannesque

Hi, guys. I've got a question... There are some male Apachii hairs I'd like to try on some female followers. I've spoken to the mod author about this and he suggested I go into the file and change the related hairs and hair parts from Male to Unisex. I was able to do this in the CK but I couldn't save the file because it's an ESM.

Is there a way to edit this ESM in TES5edit and make this same change to the related hairs and hair parts? I've looked at the file in TES5edit but I'm not sure what value to enter for Unisex. 1 appears to be the value for Male.

Thanks, Thulas. I think I figured out how to resolve this. I installed WryeBash and used it to convert the esm to an esp. Then I went into the CK, made the changes I wanted and saved. Next step, go back into WryeBash and convert it back to an esm.

When I next went into the CK, those hairs were now available for females. :)

Now I'm trying one out in game to see if it worked.

Archived